UBot Underground

Bot Triggered By Email

A bit log winded question from a newb so please excuse. I am having trouble mapping the trigger.

I plan on providing a service to companies that is triggered when they send an email with attachement to me.

UBot is going to do the same tasks for all of the clients. However, the tasks will be done on different websites depending on which sites they use.

The bot will run and log in to different applications with the credentials of the specific client. I might use dedicated proxies to avoid being flagged by websites.

I plan on running my bot on a VPS so that the bot can run 24/7. From the memory leaks of version 6 that others have reported perhaps I should restart it after business hours.

If the email was received from client1@client.com then it would perform the tasks on certain sites. If the email received from client2@client.com then the bot will do the same tasks but on different sites.

How should I set up the trigger of the tasks?

I don't think that setting up tasks for all possible websites in one bot will be the most efficient because there are many websites. Seriously, if I had 20 clients they all might use 20 different sites. The script will be so huge and complex for this non-developer. Plus, I would have to save all of the client's credentials in one bot.

If I create an email address (client1@myserver.com) for each client to send me the attachment then should I build another bot that will first funnel it to appropriate task bot depending on the client? That way the each task bot is specific to each website for each client.

Should I ask the client to set up an email address for me on their server but I connect via IMAP with SSL? That way I can have a dedicated bot for each client.

2nd question. What file format is better as an attachment for ubot to process the tasks? The bot is going to take the info from attachment and complete online forms.

I value your suggestions.

Edited by TXbot

Probably use a CSV file, should be easy for the client to use and also for the bot to parse.

As for how to structure the program, this is one way:

Each website has it's own script with custom commands to do the job. And one high level command that accepts the necessary parameters (e.g. username, password, etc).

Client credentials would be stored somewhere else, in a database, CSV file, etc. Ideally encrypted.

Bot can find the client in the database and get their credentials to use. The other info would be read in from the CSV file. Send all info to the relevant websites via those high level commands that each website would have.

Brief code example:

define Facebook(#username, #password, #title, #body, #image) {
    FacebookLogin(#username, #password)
    FacebookPost(#title, #body, #image)
}
define FacebookLogin(#username, #password) {
}
define FacebookPost(#title, #body, #image) {
}