UBot Underground

Handling A "save As" Pop Up - File Already Downloaded

Hello all -

I'm doing a simple bot to go into a site, do a search, click a link to generate a CSV and save the CSV.  Once that is working, I want to loop.

I did find another post discussing saving the file (I forget whose topic, sorry) saying to use "save downloaded file" - which is working.  But not as expected.

I click the hyperlink to download the CSV and then have the "Save Downloaded File" tag

The file quietly saves into the folder I specify, with the file name I specify (I know when I loop I have to change that file name to a variable)

However, the O/S or Browser generated "Save As" dialog window is still on screen.  Even if UBot ignores it and continues, it will loop and loop continuing additional dialogue boxes - and that is assuming that the underlying browser doesn't wait for me to manually close it.

Is there a command to close open dialogs?  How would you handle this?

Thanks

Chris

I actually got it to work like this: 

click(<class="all">,"Left Click","No")  // This is the link to start the download
save downloaded file("D:\\Downloads\\my-save-folder\\my-file-name.csv")
wait(1.5)
plugin command("WindowsCommands.dll", "click dialog button", "Save As", "Cancel")

Is this the "right" way?  Is there a better / more stable way?

Thanks

Edited by pokerdawg

I "clicked" on the link which triggers a browser / OS "save as" dialogue box.

The save download file is downloading the file properly, and I'm opening the CSV, with the CSV results I expect

The last statement instantly closes the pop up so I don't see it.

When I'm saying "pop up" it isn't a CSS / Ajax / JS pop up.  It's what you would get if you right-click on a CSV/PDF link on a page, and it gives you a "save as" option.