UBot Underground

[Journey]-The Ultimate Ubot Bot Build - Plugin Free Bot (No Plugins Are Used) :)

Choose a bot to make for this journey!  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a good idea?

• Yes!
    • No!
  2. 2. Which bot should I make to demo UBot CAN!

• Twitter service bot - using a service to schedule tweets
    • Word Press Poster
    • Forum Poster

Hello Y'all!!,

I would like to create the ultimate plugin free bot at the Developer level.

Why plugin free?

To not have any outside influences in UBot, this will be anything built in to UBot.

Why Dev users only?

It has the most options to work with, once this is done then can look at the other levels.

Purpose: To show Ubotters they CAN do it as well as to show UBot Team Dev's code that is not working for us.

I will take suggestions from anyone at any level.

This is going to be a working bot on some web service. Source code will be provided as versions are updated. They all will be attached here or in a git-hub repo.

Not sure on the time frame but at least it starts today. I imagine it will be on going.

Perhaps this service should be a WordPress Blog and the bot should post a 100,000 blog post or something like this. Just enough to emulate mass posting.

Something that will trip the most common issues that one may encounter in a typical bot project. Not all projects are the same however, the same problems exist.

My first poll is Should I bother?

2nd poll question will be - What should the bot be?

should be Captcha free unless someone wants to pay for them.

Something newbies can learn from and something we can give to UBot Studio Dev team to work with to demystify what ever issues we may encounter along the way.

There are many things one can do to reduce memory usage and make a bot run longer and there are things one must do to make the bot/bots run in tip top shape.

What I mean by "bots" is that a lot of newbies may not realize that ubot is 32bit and this means far less memory than an 64 bit program. So starting a new bot(of the same exe) or just have a separate bot running along side will prevent some crashes/problems.

Each bot has its own allocated memory space which is 1 GB of ram. So if u exceed this u have a crash or slow down or freezing.

I typically have a main bot that is the controller of the others and it runs them and shows needed stats.So each have their own Process ID(PID) and memory. What sounds better, 1GB OR  3GB of memory for your bots to run in?

Refactoring is a MUST! and I will demonstrate this throughout this journey.

An example:

Often I keep it simple and make sure it works and this could mean 10 set commands in a row.

Then I go in reverse and try to stack them inside each other to reduce the amount of set commands I have. The more set commands the more memory used. :)

Take this...

set(#text,"blah text@@XXcssXX@@this is text@@K<keep>K@@and some more text","Global")
comment("middle")
set(#text2,$replace regular expression(#text,"(?<=XX@@).*(?=@@K)",$nothing),"Global")
alert(#text2)
comment("left")
set(#text3,$replace regular expression(#text2,".*(?=@@XX)",$nothing),"Global")
alert(#text3)
comment("right")
set(#text4,$replace regular expression(#text3,"(?<=K@@).*",$nothing),"Global")
alert(#text4)

and make into this...

set(#text,"blah text@@XXcssXX@@this is text@@K<keep>K@@and some more text","Global")
alert($Remove Text("blah text@@XXcssXX@@this is text@@K<keep>K@@and some more text"))
comment("OR")
alert($Remove Text(#text))
define $Remove Text(#INPUT) {
    return($replace regular expression($replace regular expression($replace regular expression(#INPUT,"(?<=XX@@).*(?=@@K)",$nothing),".*(?=@@XX)",$nothing),"(?<=K@@).*",$nothing))
}

This is less code and more memory efficient... the function actually does not use any memory, accept for the moment when it runs. Then it is free again. :)

When you look inside the function you can see how it is stacked.

Maybe I'll create a forum with a free hosting that we can test on. Or a server that one can run on their own machine.

Ultimately, I would like to put the Ultimate UBot Bot to the test and show the world that UBot bots are good products, teach Ubotters how to code better and debug most common issues that are not already in the tracker.

IronPython may or may not be used if this project warrants it I will use it. It is likely in any case.

I need your help so post suggestions, ideas, do any polls I put up and comments, Otherwise these will continue to occur.

Thanks for your help!

CD

---------------- Supplemental threads

Defines - How and Why

http://network.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic/19192-tut-defines-the-how-to-use-them-and-why-you-should-always-use-them/

If I get a good response I will start voting sooner than later and use a poll to vote.

---------------------------- Bot suggestions will go here

WP bot poster

Forum poster

Tweet Service Bot - tweets via service like IFTTT except it's not IFTTT.

@CJ did you see this code here tn the OP?

Thanks for voting!

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like I am rolling with the twitter bot.

I am really busy atm so I will start posting soon. I have already done some stuff on the bot just for shits and giggles. I have found some issues but nothing major that would prevent me from moving forward right now.

What I mean is that so far I can manage to schedule a tweets with the exception of browser crash in 21 and no UI in 39(compiled).

I am going to find my old scheduler and post the newbie code for ya in a new thread. I will probably have old an new code comparison for that.

At the time of this post it is
3 for twitter - not including my vote

2 for Word Press

1 for Forum poster

I am so tired writing this so I am off to bed.

CD

It would have been great if we could handle cookies. If there is a way to "import" previously "saved" cookies per account it will be awesome and will decrase the chance of ban. Yeah, sure, we can play with cookies with ubot but what matters is the HTTPONLY cookies. Those are the ones with which we  "auto login".

Code Docta if you have skype shoot me a private message with your username, I have some ideas that I need someone to discuss with.

Cheers,

Todor.

I am happy to announce since the last update Ubot 5.9.19 is running very smooth in browser 39 and 21.

The bot runs in both Ubot Studio and compiled with the standard UI commands.

Works perfectly!! it runs for hours without a crash. Looks like ticket #1009 in the tracker took care of some major memory leaks.

Looking good Ubot Dev's!!

I coded this bot in Python using selenium and with exB(ExBrowser) plugin.

So, I was thinking I would release the code to them as welll at some point along this journey.

But first lemme start releasing the code for this ubot only version.

What is next?

I will make an account creator for this service only. Not an twitter account creator. You will need to acquire your own twitter accounts. However, the bot will hopefully add the twitter accounts to this service.

The service will become known when I release the first version. The first version will be limited to a few features and I will update with new features along the way.

I think I will release the ironpython scheduler in a separate thread. Hopefully I can find the very first one to show the contrast from 3.5 years ago.

for now I highly recommend you try the latest version of Ubot for sure!!! browser 39 even... :)

Laters,

CD

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

Hi guys!

I am kinda back, feeling better.

I decided to make some basic tutorials that can be used for many things. But for this in particular, it will reduce a lot of questions in the long run.

I started a free mini course called "UBot Boot Camp" that starts there and covers the basics that if need be I can refer newbies to.

I will pick this up soon after that. :D

Thanks for your patients,
Nick