UBot Underground

Question about DropDown Menu

hi everyone, i want to build a bot which will post ads in free or paid classified websites for a Real estate bussines but there is a problem where i am stuck.

when i post the ads i have dropdown option like say : rent a flat or sell a house or rent a garage.

i can select 1 of these option and tell the bot to post in to that sector like in rent a flat but

if my client wants to post a ads on selling a house ( what should i do? , shold i do him an another bot that will post ads in selling house section) or does Ubot has something that i can use so that the client can decide or select before posting and tell the bot where to post.

hope i made it clear, any advice will be helpfull.

Cheers

in the UI area, use a UI Dropdown, or listbox, or check boxes.

have the post sections in define commands

so that based on the dropdown, list option, or checked boxes you can call any one of the defined commands, or all of them

Thanks for the reply, i have tried this on dropdown menu, it works fine.

but i saw that to make 1 option selected it has to be written same in the values and i have like 35 sites there are sites which have option like sell a house or selling a house or sell you house now, how can i have it work just making 1 option in UI Dropdown for all selling option on different sites?

Second i have this URL : valencia.loquo(dot)com/new/newPost2Cat.php?section=housing&lang=2&pick_side=offer

with few options to select, please tell me how can i make a dropdown menu in UI to select or click the url based on UI selected option.

Regards

OK Nice ubot support have resolved one of my problem but i am still stuck here :

This bot is for free classified websites.

the Categories i have created in drop down menu have this English translation for 1 websites

rent

apartment / house for sale

rent / shared room

offices / local / transfers

parking spaces / garage

land / plots

flat swap

but this bot runs through 50 websites and all websites have different options but same meanings like rent, sell(every sites writes in different ways the catagaries names).

So My question is if i have to create different drop menu for every sites or i can adjust 1 dropdown option to more options on another sites.

Regards

Edited by chowhan

What you need to do is scrape all possible forms of the links and place them in separate lists (all variations of rent go in one list etc.) Then you can have the bot loop through the appropriate list based on the dropdown choice looking for each list item on the page. Once it finds it, it clicks it.

John

• 2 weeks later...

Posted on: 28 January 2012 10:42 AM

Thanks John, I do get the idea but if you can give more reference with some

video or pdf. or if you can provide me a sample bot to understand this

better.

regards

Posted on: 30 January 2012 03:48 PM

Hi Arshdeep. I don't have any examples to work with...if you would like to send me some variations of the links I can show you how to implement the technique i mentioned.

John B.

UBot Support Team

Posted on: 31 January 2012 12:33 PM

Hi John, i have these 3 websites if you can plz explain me a bit working with these websites.

http://www.casinuevo.xxx/poner-anuncios-gratis/

http://valencia.loquo.xxx/new/newPost2Cat.php?section=housing&lang=2&pick_side=offer

http://www.yaclasificados.xxx/index.php?view=post&cityid=-2&lang=sp

if you don't understand the language plz ask me.

regards

Posted on: 31 January 2012 01:21 PM

Given those three as examples, it would appear they have almost nothing in common in terms of category selections...you will likely have to code each one individually. While It is technically possible to do what you want, it would require a lot of complex code and time.

John B.

UBot Support Team

Posted on: 01 February 2012 08:48 AM

as you mentioned in the past reply,

What you need to do is scrape all possible forms of the links and place them in separate lists (all variations of rent go in one list etc.) Then you can have the bot loop through the appropriate list based on the dropdown choice looking for each list item on the page. Once it finds it, it clicks it.

can you apply this rule to only this website please? so that i can see some example.

http://www.casinuevo.net/poner-anuncios-gratis/

thx

Posted on: 02 February 2012 12:19 AM

Hi Arshdeep...the concept doesn't apply to one site (especially since it has a dropdown element to choose from). As I stated, in order to combine elements of several sites, you will need to do a lot of coding with a lot of conditions embedded in the code. I'm going to see if I can find a way to simplify it for the purpose of providing you an example.

John B.

UBot Support Team

Posted on: 03 February 2012 12:27 PM

Thx John, Please send me a example so that i can continue working on my planed bit.

thanks

Posted on: 06 February 2012 01:47 AM

Hi Arshdeep...

Unfortunately the process is just too complex and time consuming. Even as I tried to implement the logic for two simple sites, it got very large and complicated. Until we implement more advanced features, this technique will be very difficult to achieve. The developer is considering some features that would significantly decrease the complexity, but there is no time frame for it right now.

John B.

UBot Support Team

can anyone help me with this matter plz ?

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone here explain this to me or show me a sample of this process plz.

regards

chowhan

John