UBot Underground

An easy way to PROTECT DEMO BOTS

Hey Ubotters,

Today I came around a way to easily protect demo bots.

The idea is that you make your bot to pause every X seconds. You can do that by simply putting a new thread at the start of the code, in which you will place while loop with delay (lets say 1 minute) and pause command. This would prevent buyers to use it on autopilot, since they would need to press play/run button all the time, in order bot will do the job. The only way to hack this is to get another robot, that will click on play/tun button (Any other idea?).

I believe they would find this annoying and they will not even think on not paying the bot. ;)

I don't know why I didn't came up with this earlier, maybe because the solution is so simple and straight forward. :)

Greetings, theAnimalix

Another way is install wordpress script on your hosting.

and have your bot login with user defined login details.

if it fails. not access to bot otherwise proceed.

Obviously there is a little more to that. but is a sure bet way to give and block access as you can block the ip, and or account on your wordpress setup.

Dont like wordpress. any user system will work.

TJ

They are all great ideas! And I could tell you having a bot pause every x seconds would annoy me to no end...But keep one thing in mind. If you plan on selling bots, just make sure your demos do not annoy people too much. The reason is this...they will be annoyed, but most likely at YOU and not your demo bot!

Nice one LoWrIdErTJ. When are you expecting to lunch your protection system?

Kreatus, user can just download the file, and then redirect your website URL to localhost, where file is stored, so it takes only few minutes to "hack" this.

JohnB, you are right, it could be annoyed if would happen to often, but you can set delay to 1 hour, or the length of the one run in loop. I think this wouldn't annoy the buyer so much, and this is the easiest way I came up with.

Kreatus, user can just download the file, and then redirect your website URL to localhost, where file is stored, so it takes only few minutes to "hack" this.

Try this www.awebsitesdirectory.com/bots/demo/sec.exe the bot should nagivate to www.google.com if hacked. It is pulling data from www.awebsitesdirectory.com/bots/demo/demo.txt but I renamed it to awebsitesdirectory.com/bots/demo/demo.txt3 to prevent users from using the bot.

Let me know if you can hack this one. If does then I need to change my demo bot security. :)

I would share how this is done but i dont want to put things like that in this forum. It wouldnt be good for the site, or community if i did so. However if for instance you know about host files, and localhost its very easily done. Thats why hardware locking, and checking "random variables from a web server, is about your best chance to fight this type of thing.

You are better off having a php script that randomly echos out specific text. and have about 100 variations (thats small).

have the bot loop through that same list of variations and if it comes up True 1 time then proceed. else fail.

Now this is still not a full proof plan. but it will help you all in securing them for now.

The security system that is sold by 66th is nice and does a great job. As well the security system that im putting together will entirely secure your bots. Reason is because it checks for things dynamically from a database which can change from time to time and is not reliant on data that never changes, and on variables hard coded within teh code, as well as hardware locking the bot to the hardware in your PC, laptop, etc.

The security system that is sold by 66th is nice and does a great job.

Hi TJ

I agree, Andy's (net66) system works a treat, and whilst there is a cost to it, it saved me xx hours of re-inventing the wheel at my cost of yy $/hr, therefore it was well worth it.

Don't wish to stamp on your toes however with your own future release, I wish you good luck with it,

Phil

• 6 years later...

What I do is just upload a textfile in your server like demo.txt and put a text "demo" in it. And create an if statement like this attachicon.gifsecure.gif If your client didnt pay you. Just rename the demo.txt or delete it from your server.

This is a good idea but how can I make this?