UBot Underground

Securing Your Compiled Bots.. Need everyones feedback

91 members have voted

1. 1. What version Ubot are you currently using as of 11/4/2011 ?

I', prolly going to put together something very simple stead of the way this was going. Because i feel it would be very time consuming on support for how cheap I want to release it all to you. This is not saying that as time goes on a newer system would be available for use. So I will see what i can do to get everyone on-board with a way to secure your bots..

I think nobody will have a problem as long as it protects our bots. If you decide to release updates for this you can always put the price up with newly added features. With an affordable system that gets the job done you can expect a lot of sales since there's only one alternative out there, maybe if things go right you will be more motivated, but I can already see the hassles that you probably have to go through with support so nobody can blaim you.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

trying to get things ready for before christmas but i dont want to make any promises and fall short..   As soon as its ready ill make sure to update everyone here..

Currently generating a system that can be dropped into Ubot Easily, and Manage User Licenses.   Current features: Hardware locking to PC Requires email address Requires and checks payment transacti

trying everyone... I will keep you updated for sure..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This system isnt really public ready. and I have been working on a new solution. But i have a smaller easier way for you all to secure your bots that I might release soon. its not a 100% fool proof way. But it is a deterrent that will help you all out. I will make a posting soon about it.

This system isnt really public ready. and I have been working on a new solution. But i have a smaller easier way for you all to secure your bots that I might release soon. its not a 100% fool proof way. But it is a deterrent that will help you all out. I will make a posting soon about it.

That's great to hear. Right now what I do is upload a text file with a list of serial numbers to a host and have my bots check if the serial number exists then the bot will run, I really need a more secure way to go. If you require any beta testers let me know TJ I'd love to check out your system.

would also love a feature like this! thanks for the hard work on this....whish i knew some php = ].

Mank

Right now I'm working on having a system created but at the same time the problem is funding the project at the moment.

Can we help you fund the project, I'm sure if you release a beta version many will buy it and the money from it can be put into the budget, that's assuming you have many people willing to pay for a beta version. We can also help you by reporting bugs.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, and the build is going well. Added a great deal more features, and everything that has been expressed here as well.

Hope to have a updated features list and ETA soon.

TJ

Did you ever finish this? Sounds just like what i need.

Regards

Bliss

I was actually just talking with JohnB about this today.

I think instead of releasing something so drastic and over the top like I was wanting to do. I will help everyone out with something that will at least be able to license your bots within the next week or so. Please give me a bit of time and I will make sure it is fully functional with v4 ubot.

Sorry for the extended wait time everyone..

TJ

I am now thinking of looking into it now. I had an idea last night to do it. I shall try it when I get back from from holidays.

Looking at your thread now.

Praney

Something like Protect66 is definitely needed for Version 4 as it seems there is no plan to upgrade that one... this seems like a great way to get it rolling.http://ubotstudio.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Something like Protect66 is definitely needed for Version 4 as it seems there is no plan to upgrade that one... this seems like a great way to get it rolling.http://ubotstudio.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Andy from protectgold have a plan on upgrading his license system. He is just waiting for v4 to get stable..

But an alternative to it would be great..

I believe with his security system as I have it as well and is a good system. He doesn't plan to add anything more to it, but only to update the ubot code file only as well Currently protect66 is not available only protect gold is at a price tag of 350.00 this system i hope to put together while small, and will not have a lot of bells and whistles will still be functional for quick and dirty licensing.

Andy from protectgold have a plan on upgrading his license system. He is just waiting for v4 to get stable..

But an alternative to it would be great..

He said a month or so ago he was planning to upgrade it just not yet. I emailed and pm him a week ago and never heard a response. It is a lot of money for a system that is not supported, has no future development planned, and has no product support.

Even if he upgrades it to v4 it is just being left to die. It is his call an he makes far more with other bots and has to do what is financially smart for him.

It just really sucks as a good solution is really needed because the IM industry is full of thieves and there is no other option.

I wish Seth would buy it off him and put it in the dev version and bring it up to date. It would be a huge win for ubot.

He said a month or so ago he was planning to upgrade it just not yet. I emailed and pm him a week ago and never heard a response. It is a lot of money for a system that is not supported, has no future development planned, and has no product support.

Even if he upgrades it to v4 it is just being left to die. It is his call an he makes far more with other bots and has to do what is financially smart for him.

It just really sucks as a good solution is really needed because the IM industry is full of thieves and there is no other option.

I wish Seth would buy it off him and put it in the dev version and bring it up to date. It would be a huge win for ubot.

Yeah agree with you on that. I already sent him suggestions to make it even better but I think it seems like he doesnt have a plan implementing any of that.

With the talent of the creators of ubot Im sure they can always create a better licensing system to their own product.

Yeah agree with you on that. I already sent him suggestions to make it even better but I think it seems like he doesnt have a plan implementing any of that.

With the talent of the creators of ubot Im sure they can always create a better licensing system to their own product.

I believe they will add licensing but only via their store. I wish they would add a self hosted solution that worked well and was supported.

I believe they will add licensing but only via their store. I wish they would add a self hosted solution that worked well and was supported.

+10 I would like to see this added to the dev edition as well... I'm sure it wouldn't be all that hard to implement... http://ubotstudio.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

• 4 weeks later...