UBot Underground

I think Seth answered my question. I know Ubot has threading now but from what I have read

here on the forum it could be sort of a pain in the "you know what" to use it. So I guess that

my real question was will it have an easier and more powerful way to do multi=threading. I.e.

run the same script in a parallel fashion like looping through a list of the same commands/notes

on several list items at one time.

Yes I think Seth did answer your question. Well multi-threading in itself is not a piece of cake, but what Ubot has even now is pretty good, and Seth saying about taking to new heights have got me excited.

@jjacksonweb, I did a small example on MT a while back: http://ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/5995-multi-tasking-in-ubotstudio-take-it-and-bake-it , I have also been talking about it a fair bit on the forum, so if you are keen to give it a shot, you need to do a little search on the forum. MT has improved a lot in Ubot, and hoping to get my hands on Ubot 4 to give it a crack ;)

Thanks for the updates Seth and Eddie :)

Praney

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

UBot Studio 3 has multithreading now, but UBot Studio 4 will push it to new heights. You'll be able to do more with multithreading than is currently possible with anything on the market and it will be

Its already released. Check this thread http://ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/7191-its-here-ubot-studio-4-beta-is-here/page__pid__36259#entry36259

How about having a one-click "run node" button. Having to right click, move down the page and select "run node" and click it 25 times everytime I am debugging is a pain.

Or.... have a step, or debugging mode!

Yeah we'll definitely improve the debugging functionality, making it a lot easier to just test nodes as you create them

I'd like to see custom parameters that can be set outside ubot in command line arguments like "/auto" but custom defined.

That's an interesting idea, would this be for running multiple instances of ubot? It might make sense to be able to set variables from commandline arguments or something like that.

Thanks for understanding Eddie,

I miss this option very match.

Set variable from command line will help me same bot to run in deferent way.

Also I can schedule same bot to work something else on specified time.

Thanks in advance for this option.

Goto the magic submitter website and scroll down until you see the headline:

"How To Add Any Site That You Want To Magic Submitter"

There you will see a video of the visual designer in action.

Okay I watched the video but I'm not sure I see what the difference is. UBot lets you right click on fields or drag them to the node view to fill them in just like magic submitter. What part of it would you like to see added to UBot?

Thanks for explaining this to me :).

I don't want to be cheeky but if we have possibility to change 'list item' value in 'list position' our work will be not so hard.

I don't want to be cheeky but if we have possibility to change 'list item' value in 'list position' our work will be not so hard.

Could you elaborate on what you mean? You want to change the value of a list item based on its position?

Just so you guys know we do look at the suggestions forums as well, and I may end up forgetting suggestions here. This topic should be more about questions you have about UBot 4 :).

To be clear my point I will use an example:In the list "Test" on position "3" I have list item=Good . How to set it

= Bad. prior to loop the list.

Wow, the only thing that troubles me is the split between version 3 and version 4. If I'm unable to port my code to 4 easily - that is really frightening!!!

Will we be able to still run ver 3 and also ver 4 together? That is until I can port all functionality over?

Frank

• 3 weeks later...

Anymore news about the progress of version 4. What features, when's it coming out etc. etc. ???

I can't wait. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...