UBot Underground

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

UBot Studio 3 has multithreading now, but UBot Studio 4 will push it to new heights. You'll be able to do more with multithreading than is currently possible with anything on the market and it will be

Its already released. Check this thread http://ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/7191-its-here-ubot-studio-4-beta-is-here/page__pid__36259#entry36259

Another site that had a small issue was multiply.com. When I was signing up some survey offer poped up and I couldn't close it or click on "no thanks" - I had to pause the bot, do it manually and then resume the bot.

I'm looking forward to June too. :-)

Thanks for your interest in UBot 4. If you want to send the site(s) you are working with my way along with the exact issues you are having I can do my best to make sure that UBot 4 is handling those situations better.

Eddie, I see Seth let you out of your jail cell, lol. Was wondering if he had you shackled to the keywords,lol!

Frank

Can't you just add full support for javascript so we are not limited to what we can do?

Why re-invent the wheel?

Being able to script some things is faster than dragging and dropping. For advanced users a full javascript editor would make daily usage less of a burden.

Can't you just add full support for javascript so we are not limited to what we can do?

Why re-invent the wheel?

Being able to script some things is faster than dragging and dropping. For advanced users a full javascript editor would make daily usage less of a burden.

What do you mean by full support of javascript? We do have the run javascript command, are you talking about syntax highlighting for javascript?

What about...

1) backward compatibility?

2) multi-select of nodes (e.g. for copying between scripts)?

3) expand/collapse nodes (WITH keeping that state until manually altering the selected state)

4) a comment node?

Being an owner of a dev license I would actually like to not only be able to remove branding, but also set my own customized branding. Would that be possible?

I am not looking forward for June (the spring is marvellous), but I AM looking forward for Ubot4. :)

Seth, by language barriers, are you referring to get in support for UTF-8 then? That would be great!

What about...

1) backward compatibility?

2) multi-select of nodes (e.g. for copying between scripts)?

3) expand/collapse nodes (WITH keeping that state until manually altering the selected state)

4) a comment node?

Being an owner of a dev license I would actually like to not only be able to remove branding, but also set my own customized branding. Would that be possible?

I am not looking forward for June (the spring is marvellous), but I AM looking forward for Ubot4. :)

Seth, by language barriers, are you referring to get in support for UTF-8 then? That would be great!

We will do our best to support backwards compatability, but I can't make any guarantees that every script will work exactly the same. We will try to convert the script into a UBot 4 script when we detect we are opening a UBot 3 script. We will also still allow you to run your old scripts in UBot 3 for scripts that could not be converted all the way or do not work the same anymore in UBot 4, and that you do not want to take to update yourself.

It will be easier to copy and paste multiple nodes between scripts.

If I understand correctly you would like to expand and collapse certain nodes, and save that information to the file, so when you open it up all the nodes are expanded and collapsed the same way? We might be able to do this, and we'll definitely add the option to expand/collapse all nodes.

As far as a comment node, I'm not sure what the best choice is here, but I'm sure we'll have some way to comment out/disable nodes in UBot 4.

We haven't made any specific plans towards how we want to do branding in UBot 4 yet so I can't give you an answer on that.

For UTF-8 support, it is one of my goals to make sure that we support UTF-8 for UBot 4.

Hope this helps :)

We will do our best to support backwards compatability, but I can't make any guarantees that every script will work exactly the same. We will try to convert the script into a UBot 4 script when we detect we are opening a UBot 3 script. We will also still allow you to run your old scripts in UBot 3 for scripts that could not be converted all the way or do not work the same anymore in UBot 4, and that you do not want to take to update yourself.

If I understand correctly you would like to expand and collapse certain nodes, and save that information to the file, so when you open it up all the nodes are expanded and collapsed the same way? We might be able to do this, and we'll definitely add the option to expand/collapse all nodes.

As far as a comment node, I'm not sure what the best choice is here, but I'm sure we'll have some way to comment out/disable nodes in UBot 4.

We haven't made any specific plans towards how we want to do branding in UBot 4 yet so I can't give you an answer on that.

For UTF-8 support, it is one of my goals to make sure that we support UTF-8 for UBot 4.

Great Eddie! Mpre questions... User interface design totally changed in ubot4 or just the same? Also can we finally modify the icons of our bot ubot4 ?

Thanks

Great Eddie! Mpre questions... User interface design totally changed in ubot4 or just the same? Also can we finally modify the icons of our bot ubot4 ?

Thanks

Are you asking about the user interface of UBot itself? Or the ui commands?

As far as icons, we haven't made any decisions yet in relation to that/branding.

The interface of UBot itself is going to be much cooler :D (it already looks a lot better). I would put it somewhere in the middle of totally changing and keeping things the same. We still have a lot of the same pieces, the browser, the nodes, etc, but we're working hard to make it more enjoyable to use.

I know its been mentioned here and there.

But the ability to remove the url bar, nav areas at the top and be able to hard code them into the but to run with UI buttons would be great. It would give a different look to the bots produced I think. Having the option to shut off the nav commands, and set your own up via the UI elements (both html and regular UI areas)

What do you mean by full support of javascript? We do have the run javascript command, are you talking about syntax highlighting for javascript?

There are many times I wanted a scripting language to do some tasks, and you are forced to pop in an $eval box and be pretty limited to what you can do.

With a real script editor you could code stuff if you are an advanced user.

And instead of creating a new scripting language you could just incorporate javascript into Ubot for this purpose.

For example in javascript I could do string parsing or changing a variable on one line. In ubot I would need to create 3-5 steps just to change a variable... which do you think is more powerful for an advanced user? I rather write 10 characters on the keyboard than click 40 times. ;)

Also it would be nice to have a visual designer, like Magic Submitter where you can select different HTML-elements etc. into steps. Like certain text fields, username, password etc.

For you as developers yes, for us no. :)

You bet! This seem awesome!

There are many times I wanted a scripting language to do some tasks, and you are forced to pop in an $eval box and be pretty limited to what you can do.

With a real script editor you could code stuff if you are an advanced user.

And instead of creating a new scripting language you could just incorporate javascript into Ubot for this purpose.

For example in javascript I could do string parsing or changing a variable on one line. In ubot I would need to create 3-5 steps just to change a variable... which do you think is more powerful for an advanced user? I rather write 10 characters on the keyboard than click 40 times. ;)

Also it would be nice to have a visual designer, like Magic Submitter where you can select different HTML-elements etc. into steps. Like certain text fields, username, password etc.

I'm not sure it would make much sense to just incorporate javascript into UBot as a custom scripting language. Javascript is a great language, but is very much focused on working with the current page alone. We could just allow people to write javascript as the scripting language of UBot, but most of the commands would not work. For example, once you navigate to another page, the javascript on that page stops running, and javascript does not run on multiple threads when in the browser. Most of all, javascript is a lot more complex than UBot needs to be.

I do think it would be a good idea to make it easier to call out to javascript, so it could be easier to integrate UBot code with javascript, but I don't think it would be smart to use javascript as UBot's scripting language.

I know the feeling of not wanting to click things and preferring to stay on the keyboard, and we are working on making it easier to do that in UBot, but the mouse is superior to the keyboard for certain tasks :).

As far as magic submitter, I'm not familiar with that software, so I don't really understand what you're asking. What do you use the visual designer for? What are steps? Why would you select html elements into steps?

Id like to see a vb to ubot converter. but thats not going to happen i dont think. Ill have to rebuild my vb projects inside ubot by hand. no biggy.

Sorry, this is not going to happen as it is outside the scope of UBot. If you don't want to rewrite your VB code, it might make sense to use the shell command to run your VB applications.

Thanks you both for your feedback

Will Ubot 4 have the capability of multi threading?

UBot Studio 3 has multithreading now, but UBot Studio 4 will push it to new heights. You'll be able to do more with multithreading than is currently possible with anything on the market and it will be easier to use than UBot Studio is even now.

• Like 1

How about having a one-click "run node" button. Having to right click, move down the page and select "run node" and click it 25 times everytime I am debugging is a pain.

Or.... have a step, or debugging mode!

I think Seth answered my question. I know Ubot has threading now but from what I have read

here on the forum it could be sort of a pain in the "you know what" to use it. So I guess that

my real question was will it have an easier and more powerful way to do multi=threading. I.e.

run the same script in a parallel fashion like looping through a list of the same commands/notes

on several list items at one time.