UBot Underground

[TIP] Guide to switching ON/OFF images in Ubot/IE.

7 members have voted

1. 1. Was this tip/script helpful to you?

• Yes! :)
    • No use :(
    • Don't know I am still confused. :|

Isn't this exactly the same as mine! <_<

Hey guys, I have IE9 and I realised that if you want to get the scripting off, you have to go to

'------------Begin Script Code-----------------------
On Error Resume Next
Set WSHShell=Wscript.CreateObject("Wscript.Shell") 

X = WshShell.RegRead("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\3\1400")

If X = "0" Then 
WshShell.RegWrite "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\3\1400", "3", "REG_DWORD"
Elseif X = "3" Then
WshShell.RegWrite "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\3\1400", "0", "REG_DWORD"
End If

Set WshShell = Nothing

'------------- End Script Code ----------------------

But IE has to be restarted

Isn't this exactly the same as mine! <_<

Hey, actually the code that you posted up goes via My Computer i.e. takes the 0 folder from Zones

But I got mine to work by using the Internet folder i.e. 3 from Zones.

Essentially everything else is yours!!! Just the 0 got converted into 3 :)

Just a quick question, how do I run the vbs file via shell? can you post up a pic or something? I tried browsing to the file, but it gives an error. I have not worked with shell earlier, so am a bit of a newbie.

See the picture Here to figure out how to run vbs from shell

Edited by ugakebet

I have a question about this. If we need to, how do we restart IE in ubot dev, and compiled bots so this takes effect?

I have a bot that needs JS, but I need to disable it on 2 or 3 pages that crash my bot.

My idea was to turn the IE setting on and off several times during the bot, but that doesn't get around having to restart the browser...:(

Also, the image on/off works perfectly, thanks, but the scripting one doesn't make the changes. It is this one (image attached) we are changing?

I used the scripting code in a new and seperate file, and I'm running IE8.

post-1851-0-80719300-1309565203_thumb.jpg

Hi, I hope that you are opening it correctly from shell

post-263-0-02507600-1309612325_thumb.png

it works correctly for me, after disabling the scripting, I use the 'in ie window' command and do everything there

post-263-0-58324500-1309612431_thumb.png

hope this helps

make sure that you reenable the scripting, after you have done everything. or else it will still be disabled the next time you start ubot.

------------------------

First test that the scripting is really getting disabled, what i do is to visit any post in ezinearticles.com in IE9 and see that the google adsense is loading. I then run the vbs file from shell, close IE and then reopen that same ezine post. The google adsense is now disabled. Do the same thing to start scripting.

• Like 1

Hi, I hope that you are opening it correctly from shell

post-263-0-02507600-1309612325_thumb.png

it works correctly for me, after disabling the scripting, I use the 'in ie window' command and do everything there

post-263-0-58324500-1309612431_thumb.png

hope this helps

make sure that you reenable the scripting, after you have done everything. or else it will still be disabled the next time you start ubot.

------------------------

First test that the scripting is really getting disabled, what i do is to visit any post in ezinearticles.com in IE9 and see that the google adsense is loading. I then run the vbs file from shell, close IE and then reopen that same ezine post. The google adsense is now disabled. Do the same thing to start scripting.

Hi thanks, I really appreciate your reply. I've used the shell command, but it doesn't change anything. I've run the bot attached a few times to see if the shell command changes anything but it doesn't.

I've also attached the vbs file.

Do you think you could have a quick look for me please? Obviously you'll need to change the path to the vbs file if you do decide to help me out.

The captcha thats loads in the new IE window should look completely different when scripting is on or off, it will be easy to see when it's working:

On Error Resume Next

X = WshShell.RegRead("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1400")

If X = "0" Then

WshShell.RegWrite "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1400", "3", "REG_DWORD"

Elseif X = "3" Then

WshShell.RegWrite "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1400", "0", "REG_DWORD"

End If

Set WshShell = Nothing

I couldn't attach the file in .vbs format.

TJ2.ubot

hey man, the script that you are using is completely wrong! I had uploaded the right script. Try the below thing and then try the testing with ezineartilces and restarting IE

On Error Resume Next

X = WshShell.RegRead("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\3\1400")

If X = "0" Then

WshShell.RegWrite "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\3\1400", "3", "REG_DWORD"

Elseif X = "3" Then

WshShell.RegWrite "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\3\1400", "0", "REG_DWORD"

End If

Set WshShell = Nothing

• Like 1