UBot Underground

New protection system with time limited trials and auto update options!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few suggestions:     Ability to customize the bg color and add your own logo to license form the user will fill in Redirect the user to a specific url when their copy of the bot expires Link to d

I upgraded to Ubot Studio Developer a few weeks ago & I bought Protect Gold at the weekend. I have to say that both products are the best money I have ever spent on the internet. Both have first-c

I've just finished work on a new protection system that does way more than my original Protect66 solution.   It's called Protect Gold and you can read about it and see some video demos of it in actio

Starting at $97 for the "Protect Gold" about 1,5 year ago the current price at $595 is FAR from realistic.

At that pricing you really should consider other software protection on the market that is harder to crack and in use by bigger companies.

Seriously Andy, your "Protect Gold" goes from $97 to $297 to $595.

What's next?

$10K?

Starting at $97 for the "Protect Gold" about 1,5 year ago the current price at $595 is FAR from realistic.

At that pricing you really should consider other software protection on the market that is harder to crack and in use by bigger companies.

Seriously Andy, your "Protect Gold" goes from $97 to $297 to $595.

What's next?

$10K?

It isn't updated either, considering it is a kludge put together with ebook software it is very overpriced. Only thing, it is the only thing that really works right now. Commercial software packages don't really work. I've tried many of them.

It isn't updated either, considering it is a kludge put together with ebook software it is very overpriced. Only thing, it is the only thing that really works right now. Commercial software packages don't really work. I've tried many of them.

I'll contact a well known company to try their software and licensing system.

I'll contact a well known company to try their software and licensing system.

The problem is the way Ubot is done. It is .net but it uses an obfuscation system so .net packagers will not work as they cannot spawn ubot files properly. If you just wrap it (like Protect Gold does) and just drop it in the file system, you need to put protection inside Ubot code to interface with the wrapper, or someone can just yank the file off the file system and by pass your protection. Almost all the commercial products do this, but they only do so in Visual Studio code (like C#), none of them have this protection code available in Ubot syntax. Ubot is very limited in what it can do, and most of the protection systems couldn't be replicated in Ubot anyway.

I looked at a lot of solutions, and tried many ways to embed ubot into a C# application and spawn it without writing to the operating system the file. C# just cannot start the main class in a Ubot file without shedding the obfuscation module.

The problem is the way Ubot is done. It is .net but it uses an obfuscation system so .net packagers will not work as they cannot spawn ubot files properly. If you just wrap it (like Protect Gold does) and just drop it in the file system, you need to put protection inside Ubot code to interface with the wrapper, or someone can just yank the file off the file system and by pass your protection. Almost all the commercial products do this, but they only do so in Visual Studio code (like C#), none of them have this protection code available in Ubot syntax. Ubot is very limited in what it can do, and most of the protection systems couldn't be replicated in Ubot anyway.

I looked at a lot of solutions, and tried many ways to embed ubot into a C# application and spawn it without writing to the operating system the file. C# just cannot start the main class in a Ubot file without shedding the obfuscation module.

Thanks for your input, but i'll test some systems first because $595 for a "protect gold" (which is almost the same price as i paid for a uBot Studio Dev license) makes no sense.

Thanks for your input, but i'll test some systems first because $595 for a "protect gold" (which is almost the same price as i paid for a uBot Studio Dev license) makes no sense.

It is worth it if it was a well made protection system and you sold a lot of apps. Unfortunately it isn't.

i realy dont understand why the sethteam is not offer a service for ubot like that?

i mean, seth is always looking for a biz to make money with...

like we saw on the botbank and the horrable pricepolitics on it.

so here is a way to do more money with ubot. offer a protectionsystem inside ubot.

i realy dont understand why the sethteam is not offer a service for ubot like that?

i mean, seth is always looking for a biz to make money with...

like we saw on the botbank and the horrable pricepolitics on it.

so here is a way to do more money with ubot. offer a protectionsystem inside ubot.

I spoke with them in the past about this and the only protection they had in their mind was to offer it tied to the bot store but I think that's not happening either.

If the market was bigger I'd offer something myself but it just isn't worth the time involved to sell a couple of copies.

Unfortunately there are no good solutions. That's why Andy gets away charging $600 for an ebook wrapper with no support or updates.

That's why Andy gets away charging $600 for an ebook wrapper with no support or updates.

i have dealt with andy a few times and this comment is so far from the truth

support has been very fast and top notch nice guy to do business with

Pftg4

• Like 1

i have dealt with andy a few times and this comment is so far from the truth

support has been very fast and top notch nice guy to do business with

Pftg4

I can second that for sure. Unless something is wrong Andy responds pretty instantly. A-1 guy to do business with.

• Like 1

That's an old post. Black hatters are always going to try to crack security, on occasions they will succeed and we then plug the gaps. A patch to sort this was released within a few days.

Myself and a couple of associates monitor all the BH forums. The truth is... that's why this isn't sold cheap anymore.

1) A lot of time is put in keeping track of those BH groups and what they are doing.

2) When it was cheap the Blackhatters were just buying it to try to make it easier on themselves. I don't think them having it helped them a lot but I soon figured out one group had co-op'd to buy it and were getting details of anything I did as soon as it was done.

There is a copy of Protect Gold floating about for download on some of the BH forums. Might be worth keeping in mind that I wrote the "cracked" version and got it put on there and I would strongly advise against using it :P

Andy

Few suggestions:

•  
  • Ability to customize the bg color and add your own logo to license form the user will fill in
  • Redirect the user to a specific url when their copy of the bot expires
  • Link to download the database on the admin area

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...

I've just finished work on a new protection system that does way more than my original Protect66 solution.

It's called Protect Gold and you can read about it and see some video demos of it in action on the Protect Gold Web Page

I have emailed those who own Protect66 and offered a special upgrade deal, if you are a Protect66 customer and have not recieved that email then contact me and I'll fill you in.

Protect Gold not only protects bots but gives you a way of doing time limited trials, auto updates and more.

Andy

Any idea when this new product will be available?

http://66th.net/protect-gold-for-ubot-4-x/