UBot Underground

Your own FTP Server for Ubotting with

I'm in a good mood today and I thought I'd share another one of my favorite automation tricks with you guys.

If you have your own hosting account, even a shared one, you should be running your own private FTP server, just for your bots' use.

Here is the freeware one that I use:

http://www.net2ftp.com/homepage/download.html

To see it in action first, simply go to:

http://www.net2ftp.com

-And try theirs... But I wouldn't recommend using their installation more than once or using it with anything you wouldn't want others seeing. (Maybe I'm paranoid, but it's simply not under your control until you install your own.)

Net2FTP is like Filezilla or CuteFTP INSIDE A BROWSER. Think about that for a second. This opens up a huge world of possibility if you still think of your business as something that you can only Halfway-automate with uBot. This makes an online business more like three-quarters automated. (The last quarter is likely just check-depositing, artwork creating, strategizing and button-pushing.)

Before Seth created the "Change file field chosen" command, even Net2FTP was difficult to use, much like a cPanel file manager. If you've ever tried to bot your way through one of those, you already know that the cPanel folks don't like to clearly label anything and worse yet, are absolutely terrified of letting bots upload anything.

Now it's a different story entirely. I made a sub recently whose job it was to get a zipped file from my pc and install it into a server application.... With Net2FTP it took all of 19 nodes! :lol:

Bottom line: Run your own FTP, it's free and easy, and don't tell anyone where it is... Except for your bots. They should get to know it intimately.

Hope that helps,

Luke