UBot Underground

the sample looks great.

all that are viewing this if you please click the (plus)+ sign at the bottom of meter post to show your appreciation for the hard work that meter is contributing.

meter when ever you get the time.....do you think that you can go over the process function by function... and the other advanced members hopefully will fill in the rest in breaking down the process that you took to get this.

we need to break it down to the unit so others can understand the process, the system, the flow, the strings that you used and why you used them in this order. and the scripts.

and in pm you rates

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW I AM DOING SO FAR. BY clicking the plus or minus sign at the end of the posts

So lets recap   The Ubot System of operation known as USMEAC.   U: Utility - the Site or platforms over which the operation is to happen (may be considered to be part of the Situation heading)   S: Si

Alright here's the first beta of the finished product: http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=c40382eff7f1c9abeebbcf02d3a5d424   Pretty much you type in City, State and it gets to it. .CSVs are output

Yep I'll be commenting it node by node soon as I get the chance. Like I said, gimme til this weekend/next week, as I am getting pounded in school :(

Alright here's the first beta of the finished product:

http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=c40382eff7f1c9abeebbcf02d3a5d424

Pretty much you type in City, State and it gets to it. .CSVs are outputted in folder you select with intelligent filenames. There are several small bugs, the biggest being it doesnt scrape the last page of the results. I'll fix it up when I get the chance.

Meanwhile this should be more than enough for everyone to peruse. All sources included.

http://i45.tinypic.com/20h1yxk.jpg

• Like 2

this looks unreal....... :o

so we are going to wait as a master ubotter returns to the the post to comment on the bot.......

give him time.........

wait for him to catch his breath. He has done a lot of work in a short period of time...... and he said that he is not done yet.

If you appreciate what he is doing for the education and bot creation of the group readers....

please................ please.................... show it by pressing the plus sign at the bottom of the post

you know the little green thing right next to the red one...

By pressing the green plus sign of the creator of the case study and of the contributor(s) to the case study. What you are saying is this. We like what you are doing and we are showing the moderators’ and developers of ubot that this is a great way of learning and we want more of it.

We appreciate the contributors’ and the coders for showing his work and the examples that we can take apart with a step by step process in understanding the coding.

And that you may want to consider making this a sticky post up on the top so all new coming members can see and learn from this case study as well instead of searching through the post . it is right their…. Just one form of educational material that you can follow along.

We are helping with documentation by providing case studies of ubots that is demonstrated and created with the user and community in mind. We value this and we would like to see more of this type of education, or some thing similar to it.

Or take the text and materials that is being generated and create a video overview or reviews to point out what can be improved. technique that are outdated here is a new form of technique that you can modify. :lol:

• Like 2

OK uboters..... I am waiting just like you for meter and hopefully some of the moderators to comment on the bot that was created. Jonb thanks and I hope that you can tell us as much as you can. when ever you have the time to look at the bot.

Please review Aaron video on why he created his bot that way. Let us know what you think about the version that meter created compared to the bot that Aaron created.

Since I really am a beginner, I have to wait for the advance members to go over the bot. So we all can get the sound advice that we are all looking for....

OK uboters..... I am waiting just like you for meter and hopefully some of the moderators to comment on the bot that was created. Jonb thanks and I hope that you can tell us as much as you can. when ever you have the time to look at the bot.

I can't really download the file, it just keeps asking me to wait 30 seconds. :(

• Like 1

please wait while the browser history is deleted....

error reading script

command $read file

script: Start

bot yp-Sample

this is the error that i am receiving......so if you are like me.....it is ok I do not know a lot of code either.

so as you can see you do nee to know a little bit of coding............

but the best part is that we have moderators that is seeing what is being done. and getting a better handle on things

for beginners.

they can see what direction need to be taken....... meter have an excellent bot... but without explanation the very basic of the beginners do not know where to turn for help. So thaks to the forum... and the advance users and moderators that are seeing the problems that we are having and will provide a solution.....

so it is ok to freak out.......but stay with it. learn it like you are a child.... take it step by step.....in my case baby steps with great instruction

Ah, it isn't meant for it to run from the Ubot. You're supposed to run YellopagesGUI.exe.

But, in case you do want to run it from Ubot, go to the following folder on your computer:

C:\Program Files (x86)\UBot\UBot

And create a text file called "basepath.txt". In basepath.txt, place the filepath of the .ubot file. On my machine that is:

C:\Users\Meter\Desktop\YP Scraper\files\

Remember the "\" on the end.

And that's that :)

• Like 1

Hello every one I hope that you all had a great holiday. But let back to the bot creation. I hope that the moderator had a chance to review it ,and if so can tell us what they think and make some suggestions on how to better build a bot for this type of scraping. And also we have the advance users that are out their that are just as capable and able to offer the same suggestions. So me for one…..am looking for the advice of the seniors and advance programmer that are out there.

So the question is why would I want to know about using Ubot. That my friends, the answer is simple. The first is that I like to create things……and develop new tools for what I would like to do. Second is that I want to know the time frame that it will take to create a bot. Of course if you have limited knowledge it is going to take longer to understand the functions and keys to the program not to mention the strings. But an advanced user can work wonders in a very short period of time. So if time is an issue for me. I can come here to get a tool created and outsource it to a programmer. The only thing that Ubot is missing is an interface. You know… an Appealing design face just like most of the programs that are out there. Some thing like the market samurai design… Having a set of templates that you can implement into the creation of the bot. I hope that meter is well and thank you alcr for reviewing the bot….please let us know what you found that needs improvement.:mellow: thanks

for every one that is reading this post .......please place a feedback. good or bad it doen't matter. If you don't understand then it does matter

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, this is freakin' amazing!

One thing though. If I don't type in a keyword for it to focus on, then what about getting blocked by YP for scanning their entire website for a City?

What might the change look like to have it go through a pre-specified list of keywords instead of the entire directory so we don't get blacklisted?

Still, this is pretty damn good. Respect!

Would love to see if we can spider the URL/website too if possible. I think that's the only thing missing. I'm still sorta new with Ubot but I'll open up the source and see if I can't figure some of it out. Probably easier for some of you guys with more advanced experience, though :)

Been away for a bit ....sorry about that.

First off... just like to thank every ones participation it has been very helpful.

To all you new uboters out there, if you’re oblivious to programming its ok that’s why you have the forum and others that will help you learn the software. But if you need some bots for your online campaign you can outsource it to one of the expert coders. Meter, The_Brit I let you know how it goes with my reviews on using different coders for building out my bots.

That brings me to some new case studies and new topics. I will have a review an ucoder in the scripting section of buy sell steal share a bot. I will be contracting out bot designs for what I need and give you a rating on their performance.

For this case study, we need to get some more people breaking down the bot deconstructing it and putting up videos of the different functions of how they work. Remember that some have no clue to programming. Or they just cannot get their head around it right now until some think kicks in. or they are busy and do not have the time to dig deep into it but they would make great partners in projects creation and JV’s.

So based on this case study I will be contracting with or getting in contact with the contributing parties to do some work together

I am a sales person and idea creator, I would like to focus on that and leave the heavy programming to the programmers crating business relationships

I can only do so much with the limited knowledge that i have in programing, but with co creators working with you. anything is possible.

Just talked to meter. and he is working on a explanation to the bot as we speak.......give him some time.......

to admin..... look at the bot and tell meter what you think.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...