UBot Underground

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There probably as many rant posts here as there is question and answer posts regarding ubot.   Give yourself time and permission to make mistakes when learning how to program with ubot. Truly it's a

Good advice in general, per the attitude needed to work with this, or any challenging piece of software, but I'd suggest that the tutorials are severely lacking. They're out of date as compared to the

Hi John & Praney   Thanks for your thoughtful replies.   I appreciate that it's been difficult for you and the other guys that have stuck with it and got to grips with the software, and that now y

I think when we work hard then we get depression and get out of our patience and feel furious with little things. We must conserve our personality and stay calm with the people we don't like. I thin patience is one thing which can change your personality and steps towards success.

Wasif Shah

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know this article is like a year old, but so very true. I bought ubot years ago, and let it sit on the shelf for almost a year. Why? Because I failed at my first few attempts.. Never fully gave up though.

After taking a basic programming course, which helped me to understand basic terminology, including the importance of pseudocoding your ideas on paper, I felt that i had a better understanding of how this thing really works.

Do yourself a big favor, and spend a couple bucks on a instructor led course.. You will thank yourself later. Ubot3 is still powerful as ever, and once UBot4 is fully completed and bugless.. Its going to rock out.

So if anyone is reading this, and feels like ubot is too difficult, just treat it like your other IM businesses. Hang in there and make it work. Failure is never an option, just a delay.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great post, great advice! Thanks!

There probably as many rant posts here as there is question and answer posts regarding ubot.

Give yourself time and permission to make mistakes when learning how to program with ubot. Truly it's a pretty powerful little package shortcutting a difficult job - automating web pages.

I've personally tried and purchased several programs that promised this feat, but ubot is the only one close to full delivery!

Here's the rub for you though. You have to learn rudimentary programming. There's no way around it. You will come in at a particular level of 'expertise' and that's where you start. Some will know less then nothing and other's will have written highly complexed programs in the past.

It really doesn't matter. What does matter is you give yourself permission and time to make mistakes! Yes, second time said. Here's my personal recommendation.

The tutorials that are here, and if you search youtube, I've put a few up. Step through them. Be a monkey at the mouse. Just follow along. Make mistakes. Change things around. Start to understand what the heck is going on.

Little by little, it will come. Will it be frustrating? YES! Can you get through it and make some pretty snazzy bots? YES!

Whenever you get stuck, don't be afraid to ask a question here. The ubot team and the community of users here are extremely helpful. Don't get upset with someone if they don't reply right away. Believe it or not, some of us get several personal messages from people every day! That's ok. But be patient.

But don't just quit when things get tough and you don't have an answer. Probably about 90% of the time, I end up answering my own questions, lol. But that's ok! I end up learning 10 times more because of it.

Also, don't be afraid if you get stuck to look at other places on the internet. For example, if you don't understand the proper use of an 'while' statement, google it. Read a few pages. Ubot isn't creating a new style of programming. They are simplifying what is already there.

Oh, and pick projects to try. Probably one of the most helpful things I did was to choose something to automate and just do it! For example, I'm currently creating a bot to deal with web 2.0 sites. I've just about completely automated squidoo. And squidoo is a toughy. Lot's of javascript!

That brings up a good point too. I'd recommend learning the basics of html and after, javascript. Can I program in javascript - nope. But do I know enough to deal with it - yup. But learn html first! Webmasters are making it extremely hard to automate their sites, but as many here have shown, if there's a will there's a way!

Best of luck and remember to give yourself permission to learn. Have patience with ubot and uself! ;)

Frank

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really wanted to append this thread for all who are interested....

One thing that is going to occur as you learn more and more and you program more and more, you are going to surprise yourself!

Why?

All of a sudden, you'll be looking at all problems with solutions in mind. Some of the things that you'll learn and create will absolutely amaze you.

Plus, you will find yourself programming in other outlets as well. I've personally migrated some of my programming to the c# platform. Truly amazing. I tell you, if I could combine ubot and c#, I'd be a very happy puppy!

But the real thing that I want you to take from the post is the fact that you need to give yourself a break. Try to fix little things and build up your skills, one step at a time. In the beginning, the steps are reaaaaalllly small.

But in time, your steps will get bigger and bigger! I've been at this for about a year and a half, and I'm shocked at how much I've learnt.

If you ever encounter a problem that seems impossible to fix - it's not an impossible problem but an impossible solution! Read that again, if you didn't get it!!!

Your solution is the problem, not the problem. Think and re-think the solution before you move forward.

Enough for now though and keep on coding!

Frank

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I know this is probably not the best place to ask this question but I started reading this thread and found myself in a very similar situation to "Newbie"...

I bought the trial 2 weeks ago and was relatively scared about the poor documentation and videos regarding the usage of ubot and decided to cancel...

I have to admit I love the idea of being able to create my own bots and as well offering my solutions for sale to other marketers yet I am a bit hesitant doing the purchase because of one more reason, there are 2 solutions that come in question for me, the first one is the standard solution and the other one is the developer solution...

my question is, if i buy the standard solution can i create bots only for myself? If I want to resell them do I need to have the developer one?´

I know you might be laughing right now, I dont know nothing about programming and I think already on selling what I could create, but my big motivation to get started and taking the time to buy and learn is knowing that I will be capable of reselling what I make in the near future...any suggestions on this, am I completely wrong here?

would be nice to hear your thoughts.

thanks

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the very late reply lmcmarketing, but if you wish to do your own bots, I recommend the pro version. You will outgrow the std version pretty quickly. If you are considering developing bots to resell, the dev is the way to go.

Hope that helps.

Frank

Hi Everyone,

I know this is probably not the best place to ask this question but I started reading this thread and found myself in a very similar situation to "Newbie"...

I bought the trial 2 weeks ago and was relatively scared about the poor documentation and videos regarding the usage of ubot and decided to cancel...

I have to admit I love the idea of being able to create my own bots and as well offering my solutions for sale to other marketers yet I am a bit hesitant doing the purchase because of one more reason, there are 2 solutions that come in question for me, the first one is the standard solution and the other one is the developer solution...

my question is, if i buy the standard solution can i create bots only for myself? If I want to resell them do I need to have the developer one?´

I know you might be laughing right now, I dont know nothing about programming and I think already on selling what I could create, but my big motivation to get started and taking the time to buy and learn is knowing that I will be capable of reselling what I make in the near future...any suggestions on this, am I completely wrong here?

would be nice to hear your thoughts.

thanks

Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure I follow on this...we have quite a bit of documentation now as well as videos. you should probably have a look at:

http://ubotstudio.com/resources.aspx

You can compile and distribute your bots with any of the licenses. The other thing is as a member (assume you purchase a standard license), you can upgrade at any time in the future and it does not cost you more to upgrade than it does to buy it outright. The differences in features are listed here (pro and dev commands are so notated):

http://support.ubotstudio.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/75/13/the-features-commands-and-functions-of-ubot-studio-4

I hope this helps.

John

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Hello Frank

I'm new here and i came across your post witch is quite encouraging and great advice for new ubot starters !

I will follow your advice specially on those moments when you feel a bit frustrated and yes like others have said here your words of advice not only apply for ubot, programming or IM but for life itself :)

Many Thanks !

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

You are very welcome. I know from personal experience the frustration that comes when we have to learn how to break things down to basic elements when we function every day with years of experience in life, no longer worrying about breaking things down to the basics.

Frank

Is rudimentary programming the same as c++, what else languages should i learn to master ubot, besides java and html?

Nothing. No programming is necessary. HTML is useful if you have the developers edition and create custom user interface panels with html. But other than that, programming really isn't required.

• 1 month later...

I am also a newbie with ubot about a week old.

I guess with the limited documentation and videos around it also spells opportunity to create some good tutorials and contribute to the community.

With that I really like to thank Frank for the encouraging thread and also for the video tutorials. I downloaded and watch everyone of them at least once. They were a great help.

I also like to thank fellow ubot programmers within the forum for sharing I learn quite alot from ubotbuddy, John, Jason and too many to name.

It does take time. I was totally floored when trying to make things work usng the ui html panel, brings back memories when I was designing my first website. Took me about 5 hours before I could get my script, html to work together looking the way I wanted, it was well worth it.

But it wasn't easy.

It was easier on my second project. 

So in all really appreciative of the help and look forward to do more stuff with my copy of ubot studio.

Warmest regards

Danny

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

:) Thanks for the encouragement. Ive tried Visualstudio... for a long while but although Ive got the "Love to program Bug" (ya you know how it feels) I just couldn't get it no matter how hard i tried... I geuss I just needed a more visual element to it like ubot provides. I really enjoy using ubot... it really satisfies that programing urge. lol And the code view makes me feel as smart as the gurus. Thanks guys... Bless

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you Frank Excellent advise, just what i needed to put things in perspective.

i hope one day i can be competent like the rest of the advanced users