UBot Underground

Studio X 6.3.9 Buggy

I updated my old 5 version software a while ago and had hoped that the newer version would be more stable. Unfortunately it seems worse by a country mile:

• Script errors often require a program reboot, whereas before this was quite unusual. I always reboot the program now after a script error for safety's sake.
  • Some things don't seem to work at all: setting a dropdown for example: the program always selects the first item in the list regardless of what has been selected in the UI.
  • Also - changing Labels in the UI as the program proceeds doesn't seem possible any more.

So all in all, not a great experience and while there are some great new functions in the new version, these annoying bugs are  real deterrent to spending much time with it. Disappointing.

Thanks - that's helpful. 5.9.55 was my starting point before I updated to v6, and the reason I updated was the Chrome browser emulator was starting to trigger warnings on lots of websites, to the point it wasn't much use. Reading my frequent emails from Seth, if I didn't know better, I'd be led to think this was a solid and stable product. In reality it's far from it.

You're welcome. Regarding stability, for me (and I use Ubot a lot) the 5.9.55 is working like a gem, getting things automated.

I tend to use it together with multiple helpful plugins that enhance the capabilities of Ubot further in a lot of ways also.

I was able to build a crypto trading bot and a bot that notifies us when certain things happen via messenger app and more.

So for me Ubot is like a hidden gem. Not many know it's power. I can code much faster with it than with everything else I saw :)

But I know the product is not 100% easy to get to know around, understanding what are the best methods working with it.

And yes, as of my personal testing the latest version is not as stable as 5.9.55 yet.

Regarding the websites issue: This is related to the stricter behaviour of certain websites. Not much related to Ubot's capabilities.

However in your explained scenario, I would just use 5.9.55 together with ExBrowser and tune it a bit. Should get the job done.

TJ (the maintainer of ExBrowser) could possibly take you further in everything related to ExBrowser.

• 2 weeks later...

Right - I agree to a point but having "upgraded" to what was promised to be a huge improvement over the old v5 Ubot, I'm now reluctant to go back to v5 and spend more money on Exbrowser when what really needs to happen is that the Ubot team need to fix the bugs!

• 1 month later...

The file gets detected as PUB (potentially unwanted program) because the code is encrypted.

Almost all anti virus programs (and browsers, when downloading the file) will suspect an encrypted file/code to be potentially dangerous. However, we only have encrypted parts of the software to ensure that the licensing is working, otherwise crackers might steal our software.

UBot Studio and the compiled EXE files are no viruses and they only confirm a valid license, no malicious activities whatsoever.

Just ignoring the warning should do.

"I would just use 5.9.55 together with ExBrowser and tune it a bit. Should get the job done.

TJ (the maintainer of ExBrowser) could possibly take you further in everything related to ExBrowser."

I bought the developer version based on sales promises of v6.

Hasn't ever worked.

I bought a license to Ex-Browser, then that got turned into a subscription model and my license was only honored for a year.

It really sucks that an admins answer to how to make Ubot work is to roll back and pay a third party to make everything work.

Why doesn't Ubot just integrate ExBrowser if thats the only way it works?

At least then I would get some of what I payed for.

@Android In the new versions, there are new and improved features.

However, even the biggest billion-dollar companies don't get everything perfect on their new releases.

On the other hand, the older versions have undergone more testing and therefore are more reliable.

Updates help improve the software to new demands based on the current market and customer needs. 

Since not every user has the same needs, we tried to suggest different ways and options depending on the specific user's needs. 

There are other companies, that charge up to $8000 every year for a license and the privilege to build and compile your software with it. 

And they are not even better than UBot in every scenario.

We have customers that get thousands of tasks done in a day using UBot, and our pricing is comparably low.

Hope you can understand and that you can make good use of UBot.

If you are an active customer and have specific coding challenges or questions, you can reach out to us at https://support.ubotstudio.com

Also here in the forums many answers, code examples, plugins, and resources can be found.

Wish you a good day and much success.

I'm not a programmer, bought Ubot to help with my marketing efforts.

But I have been around a while. I signed up for this forum and downloaded my first trial version of Ubot in 2011. 

I feel like I'm pretty familiar with the product, and its competitors.

I like Ubot. 

I wish I could use it better

My point was and is that those of us who bought version 6 were aggressively sold a product that didn't work as advertised and still doesn't.

And that even the Admins of the forum are suggesting to downgrade and purchase 3rd party addons to make it work.

I do feel like I have a valid complaint. I paid for a product that does not work the way it was advertised.

I don't blame TJ for creating a subscription model on EXBrowser, he deserves to be paid for his work. I notice he even offers a free community version.

"Also here in the forums many answers, code examples, plugins, and resources can be found."

This again is "fuzzy true". There are some really helpful people in the forums, but its pretty dead when compared to the past.

If you want meaningful tutorials for current versions of the software you have to buy them from other users.

At least that has been my experience. 

I also wish you a good day, and much success.

On 10/22/2021 at 1:37 AM, Eddie said:

TJ's Exbrowser plugin is worth subscription, he has the best service and great technique.

OK noob on the forum and as is the way, time to ask some Q's most will feel are dumb...

Where can I purchase the plugin please?  Some of the links to plugins I have found are down as are the links to the main tutorial videos...