UBot Underground

My Day-by-Day Review of uBot Studio - Follow Along with My Progress and Experience

(This is a copy-pasted forum post of mine from another forum...I thought it should be here as well)

I've decided to go ahead and shell out the money to buy uBot (I just bought it this morning). I've read a lot of positive things on their forum, and their website also says they have a 30 day money back guarantee, so if in the event that I don't like it, I can get always get a refund.

The main reason I've decided to go ahead and do this, is because I currently outsource roughly 2 - 3 software creation projects a month via ScriptLance and GetAFreelancer. I spend anywhere from $800 to $1200 a month on various different projects. If I can actually use this, I'll be saving myself BUNDLES of money.

I currently have one project specifically in mind, and I'm going to try to create it myself using uBot. I'll give you guys a daily update on my progress using this software. I want to make it clear, I'm not coming into this with a "programming background" of any kind. I'm very familiar with iMacros and have created a number of tools with it, but I'm looking to make something a little more complicated, and I'm hoping that uBot is going to allow me to do it.

I'll let you guys know if it is clumsy, what the learning curve is like and basically just if the software is actually capable of doing what they say it can do on their website. I'm sure I'm going to need support at some point, so I'll be able to let you guys know what their support is like also. I plan on being very fair in my review of Ubot, and if you guys have any questions about my progress, please feel free to post them on this thread.

Please take notice: THERE ARE NO AFFILIATE LINKS HERE This is going to be a full (and real) review, day-by-day of me ACTUALLY USING the software. If you look around (do a search for "ubot" in the forum) you'll find that you can easily get $50 off the software by using somebody's "coupon code". Yes, the coupon code does work, but it is also a way for an affiliate to get credit for a referral. I am not going to supply one of those because I want you guys to know that this is real (in the event that it is a good review...if it's bad, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't doubt it's real anyway...I'm just hoping for the best here).

(This is a copy-pasted forum post of mine from another forum...I thought it should be here as well)

Alright, so here is just a quick update. I learn much quicker doing things like this:

Trial...error...trial...error...repeat. Now, that doesn't normally work when it comes to programming. This software is great for it! I spent roughly 3 hours watching video tutorials today.

Some from here: http://ubotdevstudio.com/tutorials/

Some from here: http://www.ubotblog.com/category/ubot-tutorials/

& Some from here: http://www.ubottutorials.com/

Then, I decided to just go ahead and get my hands dirty. Lots of trials and lots of errors ensued. However, the errors were not on the part of the software, but on my part. I'm really enjoying the software, and the learning curve IS NOT very steep. I'm actually going to have a SIMPLE working bot here in about 20 minutes (I'm pretty excited about it). It is a simple automated Page Rank checker/extractor.

You see, I've got a list of about 10k pligg, scuttle, scuttleplus and PHPDugg sites that I want to "clean" (so I can use them with bookmark demon). I don't know which sites work, which sites don't, what each sites PR is, etc, etc. I'm going to use my bot to check all of the above (while I sleep).

The program is incredibly stable, I haven't had it crash once (I'm using Vista 32bit). I haven't requested any support yet, but I'm sure I will in the near future.

I'm starting with a simple project like an automated PR checker just to get a good working feel of the software. After I'm done, I plan on moving on to something of a MUCH bigger project.

All in all so far, I'm really loving the software, and I can see that it's capabilities, once fully understood, are going to surpass those of winautomation and imacros.

I should have updated this when I finished a couple of hours ago, but I had a couple of other things I had to attend to.

I successfully finished my automated Page Rank checker. I simply create a .txt file of all the sites I want to check, it gets the PR of each and exports each site along with it's PR into a .CSV file for me.

I have already "cleaned" about 4k of the Pligg sites I have that I'm going to use with bookmark demon. If the site no longer exists, it also tells me that in the output file.

More tomorrow...

Originally Posted by LiamLC

I heard that creating and exe doesn't work. Is this true?

That was because there was a cracked version floating around the forums awhile back and people that were using that version couldn't create .exe files with it (I only know that because I read the same thing, but then I did some research).

After I created my bot yesterday, when I clicked the "compile" button (the button that turns my bot into a .exe file) it did it with ZERO issues.

In fact, I'll probably upload the .exe file I made yesterday at some point. I just want to add some features first.

So, the simple answer to your question....no, it isn't true, uBot works great.

Originally Posted by LiamLC View Post

dang! was going to buy this software like a month ago but didn't because I heard that exes didn't work! But it's good to know it works, I will buy it soon now that I know.

It's definitely a good investment, especially if you've got an idea that you know others want/need (so you can sell the .EXE file of course )

It's also particularly useful if you've got a list of about 20 things that you do in a day that takes 5 hours, and that keeps you from doing that thing that makes you the most money (but you have to do them first, before you can do anything else).

I'm in the process of automating those "things" now....so I can spend more time doing my "money making" tasks and less "time wasting" tasks.

Originally Posted by GuerillaMarketing View Post

cool, I'm a programmer and hadn't heard of the uBot thing til now. Will check it out as I'm lazy and love automation, I don't care what its written in or if the code is pretty, so long as it works

Somebody above put it best "if you like programming, VB is the way to go. If you like making money, uBot is the way to go"

He is completely right. I'm actually adding onto the bot that I made yesterday, and I've got a good "flow" going now that I learned so much yesterday.

The speed you pick up on how this thing works is really impressive. You see, yesterday, when I was making the bot, I was basically "cherry picking" different tutorial videos and then watching only what I was trying to do at the moment I was trying to do it.

And while that worked, and the bot worked when I was doing it, I didn't actually understand what it was I was doing...it was more like "monkey see, monkey do" so to speak.

What is really cool though is, by the end of my bot making experience yesterday, I had inadvertently learned how to understand what makes the software work by simply doing it.

Hopefully that makes sense...

As for the latter part of your sentence "I don't care if the code is pretty" You don't have to actually write a single line of code...ever. It is literally a "visual" bot creating software. It is difficult to fully explain, but really easy to use.

Alright, so here is today's "real" update...I mean, what I actually plan to do with uBot today.

I feel as though what I learned yesterday was a good "base" of information, so I'm going to try and really get going with it.

I'm going to build on what I made yesterday. Here is what I'm going to try and have it do by the end of today:

I input a list of pligg sites

It then visits each one to retrieve its Page Rank and if the site even still exists

(up until this point, the bot already does that. Right now, it is exporting every single site, whether it is a working site or not, into a .CSV file. So, in that CSV file I end up with the same list of sites I put in, but it tells me which ones work and which ones don't and the PR of each one)

What I'm going to try and add:

Instead of it exporting every single result, I'm going to try and make it so that it only exports sites with a PR of 1 and above.

Then, after exporting the sites with a PR of 1 and above, I'm going to try and make it sign up for an account at each one...here's hoping guys

So I'm pretty excited now. I definitely understand the software now, and I'm not just doing things because a tutorial said to do them.

I didn't look at a single manual or video tutorial today and I managed to re-build the bot I made yesterday completely from scratch and added a couple of very nice features.

Here is what the bot does now (and it is fully completed and compiled):

From the user interface I select where I have a file stored that has a list of sites in it.

Then, from the user interface I select how many of those sites I want to "check" (more on that in a minute). I can either enter a number and it will check that many sites from the list, or I can put in the number 0 and it will check every single site in the list.

Then, I select a page rank (from 0 to 10) and it will only export pages that have a PR above that number into a .CSV file.

Now, I've got a list (as I mentioned earlier in this thread) of about 10,000 pligg sites. If you have any experience with pligg sites at all (mine came through the use of bookmark demon) you already know that most don't work and the ones that do usually offer no "link juice" whatsoever.

Well, now all I do is open up the bot I made, select the file that contains the list, I then select it to only export webpages that have a PR of 1 and above, I put in 0 so it checks every site in the list (because I don't feel like counting the exact number) and I hit play.

Then, my exported file looks like this:

examplesite.com PR 2

examplesite.com PR 5

etc

etc

It doesn't return results from sites that no longer work and it doesn't return results from sites that have a PR lower than the number that I put in.

I'm going to make a video and upload it to show what I made here in a minute and you can actually see what it does.

So to recap what I think is probably the most important part of what I said above:

I didn't look at a single manual or watch a single video tutorial today. I just used the knowledge I got from "playing around" with the software yesterday, and the "screen tips" that appear on each and every single option you have (yes, they actually TELL YOU what each option does, right on the screen upon mousing over them) to complete making this bot today.

An amazing piece of software...I'm really impressed.

Alright, here is the video of the bot I created in action. It is a pretty short video just demonstrating the bot and what it does. Please reference the post directly above this one to read about what the bot does and why I created it.

THIS VIDEO IS BEST WATCHED AT YOUTUBES SITE IN FULL SCREEN HD MODE SO YOU CAN READ WHATS ON THE SCREEN.

I might start working on the auto-account creation tonight. For those of you wondering why I wouldn't simply put my newly exported list right into bookmark demon for account creation, I'll tell you.

It's because bookmark demon frequently doesn't work with pligg sites that have ANY modifications to them at all, and normally the pligg sites that are still around and have a decent PR are the ones that HAVE been modified...could be another long night for me...

Alright, so here is today's "real" update:

Where to begin... First, I'd like to say this. Software programmers and internet marketers generally think differently. Programmers do just that...they make software. The thing is, they're usually making it for somebody else to use, sell or market. They also aren't normally the ones coming up with the ideas of what to program. They rely on customers constantly feeding them ideas to create (and money to create them).

Now, we as IM'ers are just the opposite. We're always coming up with ideas, so many of which never get implemented because...well because of lots of reasons. Maybe we don't have the money to pay a programmer to make it, maybe we have 3 great ideas but we're stuck picking only one of them because of a lack of resources, the reasons are pretty vast...but it happens all the time.

What I'm really loving about this software is that I can come up with an idea, and IMMEDIATELY start implementing it. I had a great idea as I was trying to go to sleep last night for a bit of software that lots and lots of people would find very useful and they would definitely buy if it were available (which it currently isn't).

Now, without uBot, I would have had to do the following upon waking up:

Type out my idea in SUPER clear (idiot proof) form, so that programmers on ScriptLance and GetAFreelancer would understand EXACTLY what I wanted. That alone takes about 2 hours. If you've dealt with freelance programmers before, you'll understand what I'm talking about.

Then I'd have to post my description on all the freelance sites I could think of...next step you ask? A whole lot of waiting. Waiting for the right bid, waiting for the right bid from a qualified (we hope) candidate, waiting until they're finished (sometimes a very long time)...etc, etc, etc.

Then, I'd have to pay them. What usually happens (every time for me) is that I end up paying much more to have it programmed than what I'm actually capable of selling the software for...so I'm starting out in the hole. So first I've got to make enough sales just to get back at even, and then I can start worrying about a profit.

And then there is support...you're customers are inevitably going to have an issue, and you're going to need to fix it. So, back to your programmer, back to waiting and back to shelling out more money....

Now, it took me 1 DAY to learn how to use uBot and two days to start using it very very efficiently. That kind of a learning curve is something that I'm pretty sure anybody can deal with. I mean, in two days I've created two bots. The first one was a "dry run" so to speak where I only created a "sample" version of what I really wanted so I could get a solid understanding of the software. The second one was a fully enabled version with user inputs and lots of features.

So now that I understand the software, do uou want to know what my steps were this morning?

I GOT STARTED!! Yes, that's it! I had my idea last night, and I've already started making it! I don't have to explain my idea to anybody, I don't have to shell out money to have it created and most importantly (in my opinion): I DON'T HAVE TO WAIT!!

When I'm finished with it and I start selling it, I'll be STARTING at even, so any sales made are going to be FULL profit, and I'll be able to offer my own support for the software (another thing you'd have to normally pay for).

So far the only thing I can think of that I DON'T like about uBot is this:

I can't use uBot to make a uBot that will automate the creation of new uBots.

Alright, so here is a screenshot of the new bot I've made/making. I did all of this TODAY, and again, without looking at a manual. I had to ask a couple of questions over at the uBot support forum, but I got answers within about 10 minutes of asking them.

As of now, the bot in the picture below is FULLY FUNCTIONAL for Yahoo. I haven't yet made it functional for the other sites yet, but I'm on my way to that now.

As you can see in the picture, the bot has proxy support, POP3 enabling support, you can select male or female accounts, it clears cookies between each and every acct that is created, it randomly generates on it's own: first name, last name, password (if you leave password blank, if you fill it in each acct will have the same password)...pretty much every field. It also allows you to input the number of accts at each site you'd like to create and how many times you'd like to use each proxy before switching.

And although you can't see it, it also is integrated with DeCaptcher.com. You click on "Settings" in the menu bar and click a check box that says "enable decaptcher service" and then you enter in your decaptcher service user details and you get fully automated acct creation (you can walk away from your computer entirely!!)

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/243/newbot.jpg

Originally Posted by xgnux View Post

Looks nice. Is it possible to spin stuff in Ubot?

Yes, it is. In fact, I originally had it set up so the user input usernames, first names, last names, etc. in this format:

{stacy|john|katie} and it would randomly select one of them. I did away with that and set it up in this fashion instead.

Yes, it is. In fact, I originally had it set up so the user input usernames, first names, last names, etc. in this format:

{stacy|john|katie} and it would randomly select one of them. I did away with that and set it up in this fashion instead.

You don't just use the account constants $firtname $lastname that generates a random one? Didn't read the whole thread to see if you did but just noticed that last part.

You don't just use the account constants $firtname $lastname that generates a random one? Didn't read the whole thread to see if you did but just noticed that last part.

I do actually use those. I didn't realize it had those features when I first started programming it, but after playing around a bit I saw that I could just use those instead, and since it's obviously easier, I did end up using the automatically generated options.

Yahoo does charge for forwarding. That is an example of something I mentioned on another thread. UI options that only appear if something is selected. Since other mail services allow forwarding (for free), I had to have a UI option to support it. I'd like for the forwarding option to only appear IF/WHEN you choose to create accounts at a mail service that allows free forwarding, but since I can't, the forwarding option is always viewable.

Alright, as I mentioned earlier, I haven't been on my PC very much because of the holidays going on. I finally decided I needed to get back "into the swing of things" and get back to work (I work from home).

So, I go to open up uBot expecting to see what I've always seen upon opening it...not today guys!

I'm thrilled to say, true to their word (the developers of uBot), they not only update their software regularly, but they listen to customer suggestions and they actually IMPLEMENT them!

I asked that the developers of uBot (via their forum) to implement private proxy support (as of 3 days ago, it only supported automated proxy flipping for proxies that didn't require authentication). I guess it was already a pretty hot topic over on their forum, but I "stoked the fire" a bit.

Upon firing up uBot this morning, I see that they have updated their software yet again, and have implemented a whole host of changes! Not only did they add support for private proxies, but they added support for a new "decaptcher" service, made the UI of uBot significantly more "user friendly", made debugging a written bot about ten times easier by adding a feature that shows exactly what part of the bot is currently "running" (that will make more sense if you purchase the software) and a couple of other things.

There is ONE thing I won't be able to review for you guys...the refund process! I'm 110% sold on uBot. I mean, I've loved it from day one, but this was the absolute last straw.

To see that they update their software and listen to customer suggestions puts them in a league of their own (how many times have you bought a bit of software and never got an update, let alone the implementation of something you wanted?).

• 2 weeks later...

Wheres our update? :)

I'm actually going to have a very BIG update very soon, I just have to get private proxies working on my PC to finish (completely) my most recent project...which is a VERY, VERY large and elaborate bot.

It is actually a full "software" so to speak (like SEnuke...but different).

Originally, I kept trying to come up with ideas for software to sell and I came up with some decent ones...but then I took a step back from trying to come up with stuff to program and sell, and then set my sights on making something truly valuable for myself...which led me to create what I'm almost finished with now.