UBot Underground

Ubot Latest Version Not Loading? Temp Fix Here...

For those people who are stuck on the splash screen and have the following error in their ubot_log.txt file within the %appdata% folder, here's a temp fix to get it working by adding some keys in the registry. Not sure how secure or insecure it is to add these but gets UBot to load.

Error:

An error happened while Loading Main Window: System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.

FIX:

Add these to the registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\WinHttp]
"DefaultSecureProtocols"=dword:00000a00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\WinHttp]
"DefaultSecureProtocols"=dword:00000a00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\TLS 1.1]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\TLS 1.1\Client]
"DisabledByDefault"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\TLS 1.2]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\TLS 1.2\Client]
"DisabledByDefault"=dword:00000000
  • Like 1

Thanks for this!

This is an artifact of the internet trying to upgrade security protocols faster than some computers are able to keep up. The next version will have a workaround implemented so this error stops happening.

• Like 1

Thanks!

added all the registry stuff but stil cannot start ubot anymore after the update :-(

deinstalled and installed again but always getting the following:

"

2020-10-12 13:23:38: UBot Studio Starting Up
2020-10-12 13:23:38: Start Core UI...
2020-10-12 13:23:39: Loading Main Window...
2020-10-12 13:23:39: Download Core Files...
2020-10-12 13:23:39: Downloading base files
2020-10-12 13:23:39: Initializing ubotbase
2020-10-12 13:23:39: !!! An error happened while Loading Main Window: 
System.DllNotFoundException: Die DLL "UBotBase.dll": Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden. (Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x8007007E) kann nicht geladen werden.
   bei ..(Byte[] , Int32 , Int32& )
   bei ..(Command )
   bei ..(String )
   bei ..()

bei UBotDev.MainWindow.MainWindowLoaded(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)

I think that maybe a different problem. I would suggest renaming your %appdata%\Ubot Studio\ folder and see if that fixes things.

Thanks!

added all the registry stuff but stil cannot start ubot anymore after the update :-(

deinstalled and installed again but always getting the following:

"

2020-10-12 13:23:38: UBot Studio Starting Up
2020-10-12 13:23:38: Start Core UI...
2020-10-12 13:23:39: Loading Main Window...
2020-10-12 13:23:39: Download Core Files...
2020-10-12 13:23:39: Downloading base files
2020-10-12 13:23:39: Initializing ubotbase
2020-10-12 13:23:39: !!! An error happened while Loading Main Window: 
System.DllNotFoundException: Die DLL "UBotBase.dll": Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden. (Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x8007007E) kann nicht geladen werden.
   bei ..(Byte[] , Int32 , Int32& )
   bei ..(Command )
   bei ..(String )
   bei ..()

bei UBotDev.MainWindow.MainWindowLoaded(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)

Hi all, just wanted to provide an update on this:

I applied these registry settings on the 8th October and I wasnt able to get the NEW version of UBOT working (6.2.9) which was given to me by the support desk. I advised Buddy on support that I had applied these registry settings.

He suggested a role back to a previous time. I had a system restore point on the 5th October. I applied that.

The new release of UBOT now works (bar a couple of error prompts at open which support are aware of).

So try that - go back BEFORE you applied the registry fixes and get the latest version from support. At least that's what I did to get it working.