UBot Underground

Running Application On Windows Server?

Hello.

So I successfully created my first very advanced bot. But I am having trouble running this bot on my personal Hyper-V VPS, that runs on Windows Server 2016 with 2 vCPU and 2 GB RAM. But I am able to run this bot on my personal PC, without any issues at all.

I did already install all possible updates first of all, then I installed .NET Framework 4.8 as well.

I also tried deleting the %appdata% UBot Studio folder, to try and re-download the base files.

The software starts, but GUI is not showing + within Task Manager it is there, but keeps saying "Loading..".

And no, I do not have the /hide on the bot. But I do have the /auto on it.

If anyone are able to help me with this, it would be awesome!

Thanks!

Edited by Secretus

I found out why it isn't working.

This is due to the ERROR1 - The bot is not able to locate a specific dependency (CEF Browser) within %appdata%/UBot Studio/Browser/6.1.14/

An error log was created within %appdata%/UBot Studio/ 

I already wrote to support to see how to resolve this. Will return with a fix, so people are able to resolve this issue like me.

I'm having similar issues.  Support contacted me below is what they said.  So I guess I just wait and hope they finish testing the new update quickly.

As long as one of your computers is working then I would
suggest using that for now.

We are in the middle of big update for UBot that we believe will
fix a lot of compatibility issues when starting UBot. "When will
it be pushed out?" I do not know. I am one of the people doing
the Beta testing so please be patient.

Thanks

Buddy

I'm having similar issues.  Support contacted me below is what they said.  So I guess I just wait and hope they finish testing the new update quickly.

Thanks

Buddy

Alright - Will look forward to this big update!

Thanks for the answer

Thanks

Buddy

Hey! I figured out how to fix this after 5 days! Here is the solution:

.NET Framework 4.8 is not the only thing you need to download. You will also need to download the latest Visual C++ Redistributable. BUT; normally if you have 64 bit on your PC / VPS, you would go for the x64 version by default. But that is not the what you should be downloading! (Talking from 5 days of frustration!)

But I found out, that since UBot Studio is running on x86 (hence being within the Program Files (x86)), you will need to uninstall the Visual C++ Redistributable x64 version (if installed), then restart your PC. Then you will need to download the x86 version of that. After successful installation of that, simply restart your PC again. - Now it should work flawlessly!

Hope it works out for you, the way it worked out for me!

Hey! I figured out how to fix this after 5 days! Here is the solution:

.NET Framework 4.8 is not the only thing you need to download. You will also need to download the latest Visual C++ Redistributable. BUT; normally if you have 64 bit on your PC / VPS, you would go for the x64 version by default. But that is not the what you should be downloading! (Talking from 5 days of frustration!)

But I found out, that since UBot Studio is running on x86 (hence being within the Program Files (x86)), you will need to uninstall the Visual C++ Redistributable x64 version (if installed), then restart your PC. Then you will need to download the x86 version of that. After successful installation of that, simply restart your PC again. - Now it should work flawlessly!

Hope it works out for you, the way it worked out for me!

Thanks for the solution unfortunately it never worked for me. 

What did work for me was uninstalling UBot which I have done before but this time after I uninstalled UBot I then went to %appdata%\Ubot Studio and deleted everything in this folder I did however make a backup of the plugin folder which I suggest you do, what the heck make a copy of the whole UBot folder you might have something in there you need.  After that install the latest UBot version then run UBot you will need your username and password emailed to you when you paid for UBot. 

On another note I love this software and I have only had it for a short time and for what I have read about support it is not good.  I contacted support and the best they could say about this issue is wait for the next update.  I'm sorry that is not good support.  I'm far from the sharpest tool in the shed so if I could figure this out Support should of.  That is my 10 cents worth any way.  Good luck and I hope who ever reads this it works for you.

• Like 1

Hey Secretus you have just made a thundering observation there. I have been battling with the dropdown issue, see other posts, which I am sure is connected to the dot net issues and C+. I created a tiny compiled Ubot dropdown and installed it on a brand new Windows Pro Virtual machine. It did not run at all, it hung. I then installed the C++ x86 disto, and it runs. It still has the bug mind you, but it runs.

Does this mean that despite the "downloading support files" part of a client installation of an exe file, it STILL WILL NOT WORK unless we ask the client to do this rather technical step too???!!!! What?!!