UBot Underground

Ui Dropdown - Not Working

Do you got the same problems with the UI DROPDOWN since the update ?!

When you click on the drop down the list shows up but is never going away anymore

even if you move the window the dropdownList stays on the first position:

post-15109-0-69537100-1592210108_thumb.png

post-15109-0-05506900-1592210121_thumb.png

I've really wanted to upgrade all the way to 6.1.8 (assuming that is still the latest update) but threads like this continue to give me some pause. I'm definitely not complaining, just thinking aloud. I've often thought that if the UBot Studio ecosystem had 50,000+ monthly active users, we'd be able to collectively identify and correct a lot of this stuff super quickly. Not to mention, a larger ecosystem would mean more revenue to help support the software and to have a team of developers working on it full-time. I'm something of a UBot Studio maximalist, and I think I might eventually share some thoughts I have with the community about how we can potentially expand the user base and improve the overall user experience for everyone.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

still not working -  :( 

Does someone has a workaround for this?

It appears as though the issue might have been successfully resolved (see below).

Version 6.1.14

*** IMPORTANT ***

THIS RELEASE REQUIRES AN UPDATE OF THE .NET FRAMEWORK.

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE .NET 4.8 INSTALLED BEFORE UPDATING.

Updated .net framework

Fixed issue with dropdowns

• 1 month later...

It seems this bug is either back or never went away. I am in touch with support who have said that I appear to be the only one who has complained. So I am looking for others who can tell them this is not the case as it seems they do not seem to think it exists. 

My story is this, I had 6.0.1 and was working on a client project 3 weeks ago when all of a sudden for absolutely no reason the dropdowns, checkboxes and buttons stopped working properly. I was told to pay for upgrades which I did, and I am now on 6.2.7. It is still there. My guess since they do not acknowledge the bug is that it effects machines that have the latest Windows 10 updates, that explaining why the bug manifested without any tampering with Ubot itself. I have tested Windows 10 home and Pro.  Anyway, here is a screenshot taken from  a brand-new machine install, a virtual machine that has never run anything else on it. The issue is not simply cosmetic, dropdowns separate from Ubot being left behind on top of any other program you may be running, checkboxes do not stay checked anymore, and buttons do not fire after one use. It manifests in compiled bots too. 

Two things you guys out there can do to help. 

1. Replicate the problem and report it here or to Ubot directly so we can let them know this is not isolated. If you have a Virtual Server  account, spin up one as I did and try a virgin install. 

2. Tell me if you have found a work around. My guess is it has something to do with dot net, but I have spent days on this to no avail. 

You can test for the bug with this simple line of code

ui drop down("Label Again","test1,test2,test3",#test4)

If the dropdown appears next to the label, as opposed to below it, , you have the bug. Move the Ubot Window away from view, and the dropdown stays on top of Windows. See my other jpeg. 

post-39423-0-96292800-1601164168_thumb.png

post-39423-0-40410800-1601164637_thumb.png

• Like 1

Ditto to what Charlie is saying.  We cannot address it unless we know about it.

I have tested this on my end and I cannot replicate this. 

If you are seeing this error and you upgraded to 6.2.7 then did you upgrade when UBot Studio asks you to or did you UNINSTALL UBot and then re-install?

Either way we are not seeing the error.

It would also be of value to report issue to Support at this new Support site:

https://ubotmedia.freshdesk.com/support/home

The old support site was having a lot of issues.

Thanks

Buddy

As you know Bud, I have installed Ubot from scratch on a completely new clean Windows machine, sent you the video, and it replicates the bug. When you sent me your setup, I noted you had not updated your Windows since August. There is a dot net 3.5 and 4.8 Windows update on the 9th of September which co-insides with my problem. You might like to ensure that your system is up to date too. Or you could do as I suggested and test on a completed new totally up to date Windows Home or Pro and prove this matter one way or another. By doing this almost everything you have suggested to me about uninstalling previous versions etc is irrelevant.  Also, if you want to be 100% sure that new customers with new versions of Windows won't be disappointed, testing on a virgin Windows setup is the only way. 

@charliefinale

My system is a locked system.  Meaning, the university I work for has a HUGE IT department as well as a Security group and they have locked down Windows updates where no employee outside of those two departments can make changes within the operating system.  It's unfortunate but it's been my world for 11 years.  In fact, I just had to do a Windows update (forced by them) just three days ago.  After doing so, ALL of UBot Studio websites and subdomains were flagged as malware sites and I was blocked.  I had to wait for two days before I could get access into this site to make this update now.

It's a wonderful world out here.

Buddy

So basically you are saying that you may not be able to replicate this bug because you have not been subjected to the Windows updates that the rest of the world have?  So, finally that makes sense. The problem is that many of these updates are irreversible, according to Microsoft, so what do we do? 

My hands are tied.  It's not that I don't want to upgrade it's that I can't because this is a computer owned by someone else and they do the management of the upgrade across the entire organization.  The last big update here at UBot was 6.1.14 (before 6.2.7).  We were all unable to run UBot because Microsoft made a change to .Net Framework and it took us a couple of days to adapt.

My wife's computer is up to date as are the versions that I run on Linux.

Until there is an alternative to Microsoft (not Apple) we are all stuck with their laziness and bloat code concerning operating systems.  Which means we will adapt.  It may take time but we will.