UBot Underground

[Free 2 Months] Dataharvest Saas Run Your Ubot Code In The Cloud And Get Paid Big $$$ Everytime It Is Used

Dataharvest.io.  Finally run your bots in the cloud as a service and earn hundreds if not thousands monthly in this game-changing new platform for Ubot developers. 

We are looking for 50 top-notch developers to drive this revolutionary new platform. 

Bring your own clients and charge them a fee of your deciding. Fix bugs immediately and online, we can run your code within seconds without even needing to compile it.

Watch this!! We are offering huge discounts to everybody who signs up before the 15th  of  March 2020, and offering immediate access to the first qualified developers who sign up. Everybody will get the discount, but don't hesitate because only 50 people will get access immediately.

Gain access to a huge wealth of developer tools. Automatic code generation, scheduler, tutorials, examples, and much much more to create the data harvesting tool that everybody wants. Only limited by your imagination. You will get paid for every second that your web automation tool is used, either by the minute, or each time it is used.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv9jCGXbL34

We need bots that appeal to advertising agencies, journalists, SEO, online vendor's, marketing executives, and datasets for artificial intelligence. Run your your Ubot  code on our virtual servers and never worry about consuming local resources or having your IP address blacklisted. Never worry about having your code replicated or your application sold without a licence. Take advantage of our Ubot development tools, create code in minutes rather than hours, and copy and paste your code to our servers for immediate execution.

Edited by charliefinale

The platform is utterly amazing. If you are looking to get a return on your Ubot Studio investment, this is a good way to do it. There is a shorter video here. The tutorial videos will grow by the day so watch this space. It runs Ubot code without even compiling it. 

https://youtu.be/739zcz4-CZA

TJ is right.....

Pretty much anyone can start their own "SAAS"(Software As A Service) platform on this Forum and keep their own code to themselves, I'm not seeing the 

incentive for uploading my code to someone else.....unless you plan

on paying heavily "UP FRONT" (the price of Source Code deemed by the creator IE $300-$5000 for example), and then "ALSO"

pay for usage after that. 

My name is Charlie and I have spent the last 15 years in sales and marketing, originally running a company that was a forerunner to WhatsApp. In my travels I have come across literally hundreds of companies that are looking for specific data from the net that can only be done by scraping. I believe that every company in the world needs some form of web-scraping data to assist them in their marketing strategies. What Dataharvest will do is find them for you, the developer. We will find those customers and offer them to you. 

To allay one fear, the code belongs to you. It is not shared. I appreciate your concerns, but we are not looking for you to give up your intellectual property, but to become part of a community of developers to solve the data issues that confront our customers. So yes, you may publish on Dataharvest a scraper that let's say is focused on the house rental market, or Craigs list. Whilst this code will not necessarily be particularly different from any other, it is the marketing data that will attract users to us, and who will say, hey I want something similar to that, can you write it for us? And we will hand that back to you the developer to create at a price that you can determine. It is a two way street. 

So what is in it for you as the developer? The opportunity to allow us to find customers for you. If it is your basic bot that an end user saw on Dataharvest and wants adapting to their specific needs, you get the business. As such even a simple scraper of Amazon will get your foot in the door. Or Airbnb. or Ebay. It will not be the $5000 code that will make this work. It will be the 20-30 lines that strikes a chord in the marketing director of ABC Inc. 

TJ, I am a great fan of yours, and have been a member of your facebook page for some  time. But you must agree surely that there are problems with the current business model for selling products created with Ubot Studio,. Selling our work as an executable file is old fashioned. It is not what our customers want.

Saas is a much better way of doing it. I cannot do it on my own. However similar each of the scrapers that may appear on Dataharvest are, I cannot write 1000 of them myself. Nor really as a developer do you have to create something so valuable that you would not trust it on our servers. Because even the simplest scrapers will attract customers to us, and then you the developer get paid for the needs of a customer who wants custom code. 

Craigs list is a great example. There are 50 or more different websites out there, and someone looking for a job somewhere in America has to run a search on all 50 of them to get the complete picture. As a developer you could write that search bot and get paid $2 every time someone runs a job search. That could be a thousand times a month.  I do not believe that can be sold as a downloadable exe file. That model does not work anymore.

So TJ, I have great respect for you. Your reputation and opinion will make a difference to how well Dataharvest is received. But do not be negative about it yet. please. This is a good idea for this community. I understand that trust is earned, so give me the opportunity to earn it. My terms and conditions are a work in  progress and it is very easy for me to give you the developers as much protection as you deem necessary, but at the end of the day, I, like you, am a person, a Ubot developer whose reputation should be questioned, so that I am given the opportunity to earn your trust.

Dataharvest is everything that Seth Turin sells as the opportunity to create a business from his product.  It is 100% loyal to his philosophy. The only difference here, is that everyone can include themselves in the Dataharvest vision, which is designed to create profitable entrepreneurs out of us all. 

So please TJ, give it the thumbs up until such time as I have done anything that may cause an inkling of doubt. We can also chat on FB, I am member there and we have spoken several times before. 

Edited by charliefinale
  • Like 2

Thank you for the reply here and being part of the community and Facebook group I operate.

The questions I asked was not so much to cast negative vibes towards the project, but further clarification and background.

I am all for building a wider reach for myself and others alike in this forum and making things more sustainable and modernized is a must moving forward in todays market.

I will likely give it a try myself and welcome other ubotters to do the same, and reply with feedback here which will ultimately strengthen your stance in the forum for like and trust in the platform.

Thanks.  TJ. Appreciated.

In the belief that the more I help people on their way, and the more I assist people build profitable businesses, with or without Dataharvest, the more people will see this as a valuable trustworthy proposition. 

So, here is a tutorial on how to scrape all 714 URLs of Craigs List in under 4 minutes (30 seconds without the tutoring) using the Dataharvest Code Generator. The resultant bot is attached.  

I chose Craig's List because I know of recruitment agencies out there that want this.  In part 2 I will feed this list into another bot. And in the third I will show how to create a UI for it that works in the cloud and then how to publish it. Hopefully they will all be under 5 minutes.

We will advertise these bots to the recruitment agencies for use. I believe there are about 20 or more slightly different commercial bots that can be created around this tutorial alone, so if any of you developers here want to be one of those who publish on Dataharvest, now is a good time to jump in. It’s 2 months free, with a guarantee that the early bird price never rises above 25% of the advertised developer price. It is pretty much fixed at $14.90 for life.

https://youtu.be/gB-_YRKEESo

Mmm the attachment did not "take". So here is the code. 

clear all data
set(#save_dir,"C:\\Users\\charl\\OneDrive\\bots\\craigs","Global")
set(#progress,"{#save_dir}/progress.htm","Global")
set(#filepath,#save_dir,"Global")
set(#botname,"filename_{$rand(100,999)}","Global")
set(#resultsname,"results.csv","Global")
add list to list(%form_arguments,$list from text("1 https://www.craigslist.org/about/sites"," "),"Don\'t Delete","Global")
define DH_save_to_file(#filename, #path, #content_to_save) {
    if($comparison(#path,"!= Does not equal","")) {
        then {
            set(#slash,"/","Global")
            create folder(#filepath,#path)
            set(#pathslash,"/{#path}/","Local")
            save to file("{#filepath}{#pathslash}{#filename}",#content_to_save)
        }
        else {
            set(#slash,"/","Global")
            save to file("{#filepath}{#slash}{#filename}",#content_to_save)
        }
    }
}
define DH_progress(#pages, #page_counter) {
    set(#progress text,"\{\"pages\":{#pages},\"completed\":{#page_counter},\"timestamp\":\"{$now}\"\}","Global")
    save to file(#progress,#progress text)
}
define DH_append_to_logs(#logfilename, #log_entry) {
    set(#slash,"/","Global")
    set(#logfilename,"","Global")
    set(#log_entry,"","Global")
    set(#logs,"logs","Global")
    create folder("{#filepath}{#slash}",#logs)
    append to file("{#filepath}{#slash}{#logs}{#slash}{#logfilename}","{#log_entry}{$new line}","End")
}
define DH_append_results_with_botnamepath(#content_to_append) {
    set(#slash,"/","Global")
    set(#content_to_append,"","Global")
    create folder("{#filepath}{#slash}",#botname)
    append to file("{#filepath}{#slash}{#botname}{#slash}{#resultsname}","{#content_to_append}{$new line}","End")
}
comment("---------------------------------Nothing required above this line when pasting to Dataharvest-----------------------------")
set(#pages,$list item(%form_arguments,0),"Global")
set(#Url,$list item(%form_arguments,1),"Global")
DH_append_to_logs("log.log", "{$now} - The Probot has started")
set(#page_counter,0,"Global")
navigate(#Url,"Wait")
wait for browser event("DOM Ready","")
loop(#pages) {
    wait for browser event("Page Loaded","")
    add list to list(%URL_name,$plugin function("XpathPlugin.dll", "$Generic Xpath Parser", $document text, "//li/a[1]", "innertext", "False"),"Don\'t Delete","Global")
    add list to list(%URL_link,$plugin function("XpathPlugin.dll", "$Generic Xpath Parser", $document text, "//li/a[1]", "href", "False"),"Don\'t Delete","Global")
    add list to table as column(&resultsTable,0,0,%URL_name)
    add list to table as column(&resultsTable,0,1,%URL_link)
    increment(#page_counter)
    DH_progress(#pages, #page_counter)
    DH_append_results_with_botnamepath(&resultsTable)
    clear list(%URL_name)
    clear list(%URL_link)
    clear table(&resultsTable)
    DH_append_to_logs("log.log", "{$now} - The bot has completed {#page_counter} pages")
    if($comparison(#page_counter,"< Less than",#pages)) {
        then {
            click(<next>,"Left Click","No")
            wait for browser event("DOM Ready","")
        }
        else {
            DH_append_to_logs("log.log", "{$now} - The bot has done its job and is now shutting down")
            close page
        }
    }
}

Part 2 of scraping Craig's List.

In this video we look out how selecting an element in Ubot Studio does not always give the results we want; And how to limit the Xpath of a result by using the Xpath prefix to limit the scope of the Xpath. The result can be condensed to an Xpath and 2 rexeges which we then feed into the Dataharvest Code Generator to create a csv of the list we will then use in the UI of the webscaper.

The complex Xpath is this

//div[@id=\'center\']//*[contains(@href, \'search\')]

And the 2 Rexes are these

(?<=span class=\"txt\">)(.*?)(?=<)

(?<=href=\")(.*?)(?=\")

All of these can be used in Ubot Studio irrespective of whether you have signed up for Dataharvest or not.

Here is how it was done. 

https://youtu.be/hJ1iTfXIzjY

Edited by charliefinale
  • Like 1

Subscribe to the growing number of free tutorials for Ubot Studio from Dataharvest here.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iLmxpBMpqaw_HLe6rUKtA

Feel free to ask questions on these or any other topics. What does and does not work for you? We can probably create tutorials to cover those issues too. 

Edited by charliefinale

Thanks ATuringtest.

To answer you and Kreatus. 

If I understand the question correctly , then yes this is SaaS hosting for bots. Dataharvest can run either Ubot exe files, or code that is fed into a Ubot exe, where the input that would normally be in the Ubot UI is provided by arguments.  So in the background mybot.exe  charliefinale@dataharvest.io  mypassword123 https:/facebook.com could for instance login me  into my facebook account. There are more secure ways of doing that, but that is the principle. 

In Dataharvest we set up the input in a user interface, but that is how it is fed into the exe file. 

Furthermore there are certain variables that the Ubot code uses in Dataharvest to know where to save the results. The main one is #filepath which means the personal directory of the logged in user. Now, since a user can also upload to this directory as well as download from it, we can upload a cookie here, or a list of FB accounts, or URLs and read them into the code using for instance. 

set(#fb_list,$list from text($read file("{#filepath}/fblist.txt"),","),"Global")

Which would mean look in the personal directory of the logged in user and read in their CSV list from there. The code generator sets  the #filepath as a local drive so the testing of such a piece of code can be tested locally. But if we were to write code that digresses from the code generator way of doing things, which I am hoping accomplished Ubot Coders will do, the trick is to substitute #filepath with any reference to your local drive path. 

If someone was wanting to run only their own compiled exe files, feeding in arguments in the way I have described, then we can do that too, but it requires a dedicated server as we will never know what code is being executed, and therefore we need to isolate that for security reasons. We have that already in place, I can spin up a dedicated  server in a few minutes and assign it to a developer account . It also 100% protects the developer  code, which may be something that an FB guru such as yourself Kreatus, or any Ubot Developer whose IP goes beyond a simple scraper,  might welcome. 

Edited by charliefinale

Licensed plugins must be supplied within a compiled Ubot exe file and therefore run on a dedicated server - so the developer must have a license to compile it. Currently we do not support any licensed plugins that are written in code only and uploaded to the servers. That way the licencor is protected. 

We have 2 proxy suppliers and I would welcome anyone's opinion as to whether they are "good" . One is  Luminati which can rotate IPs automatically each time a bot is run using their server app which we install on our server. This is probably our preferred method, that way our underlying IP is not blocked. The other s a more traditional way of doing it. Ezproxies. No username or password is required with either, the first one "just works" whether you set it up or not, the other is called in the change proxy command built into Ubot Studio. Since the Dataharvest load is spread over many servers, we can direct you traffic to a server that is reconfigured to your needs. We supply the list of IPs. 

There is also no reason why you cannot bring your own proxies. 

Edited by charliefinale
  • 1 month later...

Yes, we will be finding work for Ubot Studio Developers. We will not take a cut over and above a processing fee if you bring a client to the Dataharvest platform and moreover you the developer can decide what the client is charged for your services. 

If however we commission a bot to be developed for a client of ours, who came to us through our advertising for instance, we will take a cut, and that will depend from project to project. 

There are also public bots….bots that our users can use based on their subscription, but were not made specifically for them.

Developers with active bots for public use on the site do not pay for a developer license, it is free. And they receive a commission when it is used. Those who do not, and simply perhaps want to use the system for its features, scheduling, IP rotation , Ubot Code generator, for instance, will get 2 months free, and then their account will be downgraded to free account which does not have the same developer features, or they can opt to pay for the developer account. Clearly it would make sense to developer to create a bot for commercial use and then get the account for free. 

This is a slight departure from the original proposition, but a much better one for developers. In essence developer accounts are free and certain user accounts are also free. Those who signed up in the initial offering, and are working with me, have had their accounts extended to free permanently. We will also be publishing in the next few days very specific areas of interest from our clients but as food for thought they are

1. Journalism. Scraping news stories from all major news outlets. 

2. Gambling (scraping odds, results, comparing bookies, and AI data for predictions) 

3. Recruitment. Scraping job postings from Craigslist, LinkedIn etc. 

Please note that currently the site is closed for new registrants, as we said it would be, as we document and publish the deal, continue its development, and I appreciate everyone's patience on this. Please watch this space in the next few days.