UBot Underground

Super Beginner Question - Connection Reset?

It's been a long time since I wrote some fun and useful code with uBot, 2013 I think, but I was looking to get back up and rolling with it again. Rewatching tutorials to knock the rust off, but the challenge I'm running into is that my new install won't look at the internet. I just get a (connection reset - 101) error. Obviously, this makes it hard to get through lesson one in the tutorials, but I didn't see anything come up when I searched the forum for "connection reset". I remember, back in the day, that you could set uBot to look like different browsers, but is there a setting I need to switch? Is it a local security issue, anyone want to help me get off square one? I'd super appreciate it.

I tried several browsers in 'set user agent' but they all do the same thing. It won't even load a Twitter page. I'm not sure I understand the solution mongo71 posted though. Setting browser to '49' ? Is that a version number? A port number?

I really appreciate the feedback and sorry for repeating the basic question I mentioned earlier, but what setting do I change? What menu is it on?

I guessed and changed the IP Port to 49, rebooted uBot as instructed above to make the setting stick, and then on reboot the licence activation wound't even connect. I changed that setting back, but what *should* I change?

I really appreciate the feedback and sorry for repeating the basic question I mentioned earlier, but what setting do I change? What menu is it on?

I guessed and changed the IP Port to 49, rebooted uBot as instructed above to make the setting stick, and then on reboot the licence activation wound't even connect. I changed that setting back, but what *should* I change?

VEmpsag.png

oOq7R9W.png

Oh, drat. 4.2.18 doesn't have that option. I wanted to write at least one more effective bot to decide if I should upgrade.

I very much appreciate the help, but I might just be out of luck on my ancient version. 

• 2 weeks later...