UBot Underground

Ubot Studio X — You'll Have Triple The Browser Firepower.

fortunately for me, since I have been a ubot user for several years, I always create a new restore point right before i do any ubot update... So I was able to easily recover my previous ubot version and now will follow Nicks instruction to have them both on the machine so that i can carry on with daily work as well as play around with the new build!

thanks for your advice. now i will use both version. but i don't know why. the new version is more slower than previous version. i can not open my code on the version 6.

Edited by taufiqkyu
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm genuinely grateful for HelloInsomnia's step-by-step suggestions regarding creating a backup directory prior to upgrading. (link: http://network.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic/22154-read-this

Are you serious? So much is not working! How do I submit the entire update to the tracker? Ui check boxes not working. Cannot switch back and fourth from code view with so many different commands. In

This month

taufiqkyu ... I had created a restore point. And then after I recovered the previous version I followed the instruction on Nicks post.

Since you didn't do that, you can (as stated in previous posts) contact ubot support and ask for the link to the previous version so that you can reinstall it.

Not at this time.  i will say that if you want something like that then make the request known.

Just sitting on the sidelines and hoping enough people wanting is not enough.  Add your voice

but be respectful and nice.

Buddy

• Like 1

I'm genuinely grateful for HelloInsomnia's step-by-step suggestions regarding creating a backup directory prior to upgrading. (link: http://network.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic/22154-read-this-before-you-update/)

This made it dramatically less challenging to completely remove 6.01 from my machine after experiencing Bug 1276, Bug 1272, and several others, and to remain with 5.9.55 for the time being.

I'm convinced that the machines being used to develop and test 6.01 are different than my machine, and the machines of others.

My rationale for saying this is that it's hard to imagine that 6.01 would have been pushed out had the development team experienced these bugs themselves.

I'm sympathetic to the development team because software development is an incredibly challenging and unpredictable undertaking. This is especially true when there's so much variability with the respect to the machines that might ultimately run the software being developed.

It's also totally understandable that some would feel the blood drain from their heads as they upgrade to 6.01 without a backup of 5.9.55 and discover that "nothing works" (which is a mischaracterization, but an understandable one given the frustration some have voiced.)

Two bugs that seem unsolvable are Bug 1210 (circa April 2017) and Bug 1271 (circa September 2018). Both bug reports involve the 13 built-in FTP commands and 4 built-in FTP functions no longer working. These commands and functions are incredibly useful. There is a clumsy workaround involving the use of a batch file, but it's baffling that FTP would be inoperable for so long.

That said, I'm 100% convinced that 6+ will eventually be a phenomenal leap forward. Updates genuinely *do* move UBot Studio forward, not backward. And in time, 6+ will move UBot Studio further forward.

[Minor typographical edit.]

Edited by clkmnky
  • Like 6