UBot Underground

How To Reduce Spaghetti Code

I've gone through all of your courses and this is one of the most valuable videos i've seen for learning to be a better programmer. These high-level notions are welcome and I wish you shared a few practical and realistic examples in addition to the ' X Y Z '. The community could easily provide such examples.

If you have more tips on theory for producing the cleanest and most elegant code that is instantly legible, please share!
A lot of us novices would seriously be interested. =)

As a test to add value to your video content, you might consider reverse engineering some programs/bots/tools (and Perhaps re-creating them). Reverse engineer is a top way to learn and this method will likely ad value to your current content.

In addition to learning to create CLEAN elegant code/flows, learning Advanced Validators and their Theory and Application and Nuances would be helpful. For example, Your 'check if blank' command you shared in your course has been extremely useful to me for validation of local variables.

Also was thinking you could get more customers to your courses if you put your video course on an affiliate site like clickbank and do a 'Custom Audience' Adwords Campaign based on your Buyers Email lists. Oh and also test targeting mainstream angles like' New Way/Best Way to Learn Programming in 2018" or a fear angle like, "Can't Program? Avoid Your Replacement By Learning It In 10 Days..." or something like that... I have tons of ideas on this token so if you need creative assistance for anything online-sales related let me know! It's what I do and since you help in here it's fair.

Thoughts:

Imagine if uBot was whitelabled and branded as a "Programming Gateway" Simply, "The New Way to Learn to Program in 7 Days!" (Or something like that) and have a sales video with 'ol Grandma performing the drag and drops to prove how anyone can learn programming. And use certain angles to move people to buy such as, 'you're illiterate if you can't program in 2018. So Learn it in 3 Days So That You Keep Your Job' 

I believe this mainstream appeal approach could work with both uBot and the Learning Courses and the benefit is obviously max customers goes from like 50K global bot builders to 700M non-programming computer users. If someone is using a computer and doesn't understand basic prog concepts then i'd consider them illiterate in this day and age, wouldn't you?  What do you guys think about the mainstream approach?

Edited by johnwalton
  • Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Nick,

Loved this video. It would be great to see a lot more information like this.

I've been working on an ebook which will be out any day now once I wrap up a few things with it. It talks a lot about things related to this and more.

• Like 1

I've been working on an ebook which will be out any day now once I wrap up a few things with it. It talks a lot about things related to this and more.

PM me when it's available ;-)

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

HelloInsomnia - Thank you very much for the video and the ebook you provided for free regarding clean code. The thing like good variable naming and using comments was obvious to me from the beggining but I also got this one "small" tip that changed my way of thinking already. 

Keeping defines as simple as "1 action" per define is really a golden tip and with the level of complexity I'm at with my bots it really makes a big difference! 

Please don't stop producing that awesome content, I'm following you and watching every piece of video you put out there  :)

• Like 1

HelloInsomnia - Thank you very much for the video and the ebook you provided for free regarding clean code. The thing like good variable naming and using comments was obvious to me from the beggining but I also got this one "small" tip that changed my way of thinking already. 

Keeping defines as simple as "1 action" per define is really a golden tip and with the level of complexity I'm at with my bots it really makes a big difference! 

Please don't stop producing that awesome content, I'm following you and watching every piece of video you put out there  :)

Yes, you want to try and make it so that your command/function does one thing. But just to be clear that can have more than one "action" since commands are performing the actions.

An example would be a function returns a new proxy. It might grab the next list item unless the range of the list is exceeded and then it could reset the list before returning the next list item. So it may have a few commands in it but it's still really small and essentially all it does is get you a new proxy.