UBot Underground

Compiled Bot Installer - Chime In With Your Best Setup And Usage

There are many threads that talk about  installer(s) or install creators.

Im looking to see what your best suggestions are for what install creator(s) 

that you've used personally.

Ubots built in

Inno

ext..

And what settings you use for each

Video walk through would be a great benefit if you could supply as well.

This thread will be placed sticky for everyone to find it

after we have a good bit of tried and tested solutions

• Like 3

Used to use DeployMaster  ($$) but somewhere along the way what used to be excellent support just disappeared. Switched to Inno and v happy. Not using it for ubot yet?, so while I'm sure it can do the job as it does everything you would possible want to do including phone home and the laundry, don't have settings to recommend.

• Like 2

Any instructions on usage, setup and any special instructions on using the above 

with Actual Installer , everything is easy to use , you can download free version to test .

You can add any file / folder into anywhere on your PC ( example appdata folder , program file folder , ,,........... )

And a special feature : Software Prerequisites . 

On the General \ Prerequisites page you can specify prerequisites for your application that must be installed on client machine.

If the required prerequisite is not installed, the setup program will prompt to install it.

The download links can be viewed or changed on the Prerequisite Links tab of the "Options..." dialog (menu "View \ Options...").

Actual Installer has the following predefined software prerequisites:

• .NET Framework
  • Internet Explorer
  • Acrobat Reader
  • Java (JRE)
  • SQL Server Compact
  • SQL Server Express

To add additionl software prerequisites, click the "Add" button in the "Additional Prerequisites" section.

Name - The name of the prerequisite.

Command - A command that will be executed to install the prerequisite. Can be a setup file or a download link

Platform - Specifies the Windows platform under which the presence of the prerequisite will be checked

Condition - Search criteria for the prerequisite

The presence of the prerequisite is obtained on the presence of a file, folder, registry key, etc.. If result is false, then setup will pop up a warning message saying the prerequisite is not installed.

Value 1 - First value of Search Criteria

Value 2 - Second value of Search Criteria. Only for the following Conditions: "Registry Value contents", "Registry Value doesn't content", "Registry Value greater or equal", "Registry Value less or equal", "File Version greater or equal", "File Version less or equal", "Variable greater or equal", "Variable less or equal"

Here you can find settings for common software prerequisites:

• Like 1

I use the paid version of actual installer as well, but will move back to inno as soon as time permits.

the reason for moving... inno can do it all... you just have to dig around for examples, but once you have it you can create yourself a template to use on demand. actual installer has a nag screen to upgrade that gets on my nerves (can probably be turned off, I just haven't done any digging on it)

for me, inno, having been around for so long, and having such a massive user base, just makes more sense to me now.

• Like 2

Loving the feedback and shares in the post, will definitely help me and im sure others make there choice as well.

Thank you everyone.

And those that decide to post after this as well.  Any all value, feedback and suggestion you can give would be great.  

I use the paid version of actual installer as well, but will move back to inno as soon as time permits.

the reason for moving... inno can do it all... you just have to dig around for examples, but once you have it you can create yourself a template to use on demand. actual installer has a nag screen to upgrade that gets on my nerves (can probably be turned off, I just haven't done any digging on it)

for me, inno, having been around for so long, and having such a massive user base, just makes more sense to me now.

about update , i think you should use ubotlocker ( include update ) , it is good

actual installer only should make setup

you dont happen to have a template do you?

Not at the moment - To get started with just a base template, you only need to use the wizard.

That will get your core stuff done so that you have a working installer/uninstaller.

Then, you just dig around and you'll find all of the cool stuff like requiring a certain version of .net, requiring run as admin, adding in additional files and folders (to include ubot files if you want).

There is likely even a way to push an update without the need to reinstall entire programs and so on.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...