UBot Underground

Ubot Video Tutorials Are Frustrating

I bought ubot several months ago and I've finally gotten around to watching the tutorial videos.

The first video starts off great with a nice overview of uBot. The second video jumps right into variables, lists, commands with no context as to why you would use these commands. I thought I had made a mistake and was looking a video much later in the series, but it really was the second video. I watched the 2nd and skipped the 3rd video because there was no explained practical application for the commands and I was completely lost.

It would be more helpful to have a tutorial with variables, lists in which the commands are used in building a bot (ie. "you would use the list command here because..."). I can't even give an example of why you would use a list command in a bot because it just theoretical to me at this point.

Can anyone suggest another youtube or online tutorial for learning ubot?

Thank you-

Don

P.S. If anyone from the uBot team is reading this, if you want people to learn the software make some new tutorial videos.

Edited by d_Random
  • Like 1

I bought ubot several months ago and I've finally gotten around to watching the tutorial videos.

Can anyone suggest another youtube or online tutorial for learning ubot?

Thank you-

Don

Don...

I have pretty much the same problem--bought Ubot a while back and just now starting to use it.  I also found it strange that the second video jumped into what I would call advanced materials that were hard to follow for a novice.  However, there are some basic instruction tutorials in the help section--you can find them here: http://network.ubotstudio.com/learn/

You may have to skip around a bit to find what you want since they aren't necessarily in order of difficulty, but I found them helpful.

Bruce

• Like 2

Don...

I have pretty much the same problem--bought Ubot a while back and just now starting to use it.  I also found it strange that the second video jumped into what I would call advanced materials that were hard to follow for a novice.  However, there are some basic instruction tutorials in the help section--you can find them here: http://network.ubotstudio.com/learn/

You may have to skip around a bit to find what you want since they aren't necessarily in order of difficulty, but I found them helpful.

Bruce

Thanks for replying Bruce!

I skipped a few videos in the series to video #5 and was a drag and drop tutorial. That was something I thought the tutorial would start off with. The videos are from

2012, think it's time for a new batch of updated videos. I would suggest that the new videos do very simple builds of bots that you can recreate while following the video. It would help build up a noob's confidence.

However, there are some basic instruction tutorials in the help section--you can find them here: http://network.ubotstudio.com/learn/

This link should be on the homepage when you open up your ubot program! I was looking for that tutorial page and I could not find it.

I asked support about it and I could not explain very well what I was looking for, so they could offer no help. Thank you Bruce!

However, there are some basic instruction tutorials in the help section--you can find them here: http://network.ubotstudio.com/learn/

This link should be on the homepage when you open up your ubot program! I was looking for that tutorial page and I could not find it.

I asked support about it and I could not explain very well what I was looking for, so they could offer no help. Thank you Bruce!

I agree, it is a challenge to find the tutorials--and they should be updated + easy to access.

Personally, I am thinking that if I can master the program--and it will mean I can generate income--then I will immediately upgrade to the Professional or Developer license.  However, if it becomes so frustrating that I can't even learn the basic steps then I will probably abandon it entirely.   So, why not have an updated set of tutorials, maybe of 10-15 hours for those of us who are new to Ubot?  How long would that take?  10-15 hours?  LOL

Bruce

• Like 1

I agree, it is a challenge to find the tutorials--and they should be updated + easy to access.

Personally, I am thinking that if I can master the program--and it will mean I can generate income--then I will immediately upgrade to the Professional or Developer license.  However, if it becomes so frustrating that I can't even learn the basic steps then I will probably abandon it entirely.   So, why not have an updated set of tutorials, maybe of 10-15 hours for those of us who are new to Ubot?  How long would that take?  10-15 hours?  LOL

Bruce

I feel ya Bruce.

We can't be the only ones experiencing these frustrations and thoughts regarding odd order of the video tutorials and clumsy website navigation.

They could probably increase sales of the product if they resolve some of these issues to help their new users.

• Like 1

Ubot has not changed since then

I suggest YouTube "Automation League Ubot studio" that got me started, short video series but it is excellent

• Like 2

Ubot has not changed since then

I suggest YouTube "Automation League Ubot studio" that got me started, short video series but it is excellent

Thanks, the videos look very helpful.

Bruce

• Like 2