UBot Underground

I was curious as I know that a few people who have Ubot are using the Chrome 49 browser,

but has anyone found a way to deal with the memory issues and it perhaps stopping or 

browser failing at some point within the process.

99% of the time I just use the old Chrome 21 browser, but because of this project I need to

use the Chrome 49 browser as the site that I'm building the bot around can tell the difference

no matter what other user agent I try in the Chrome 21 browser (as I have tried about 200,

and none seem to work).

The only thing that works is Chrome 49 browser which is why I'm trying to find a solution to

the issues surrounding the high memory.

I have tried many things, but nothing seems to work, but any and all suggestions are welcome.

You're not the only one with this problem. I was looking into Exbrowser but it seems sells are on hold with months delayed. <_<

I've tried everything to get the sites to load, only to end up a bust. I had to abandon 2 bots because of it. Have you tried looking into a HTTP bot?

No I have not tried making particular bot using HTTP as it is way to complex and would be very limited in

what it could do just using HTTP.

However, does anyone know the exact user agent being used internally within the Chrome 49 browser as 

some websites know the difference regardless of what user agent is being used.? It could also be

CefSharp.Browser working in the background as well.

Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest are the big ones who recognize the chrome version (does not work on chrome 21), and since chrome 49 is a pain in the a*s, I am using exbrowser.  After trying many "tricks", did not find a workoround.  :(   Hope ubot support does something with that chrome 49!!!

• Like 1

I would like if they just dropped the whole CEF charade, in 4 months time Stealth was soon to be launched 2 years ago, it doesn't work and it never has, my update money should be spent on creating an actual usable code view, or actually hiring a developer who can complete this project, there are plenty of companies that you can purchase DLL's from that have Chrome or alternatives, which can make it easier to code, rather than free CEF Sharp to run Ubot from

https://www.essentialobjects.com/Products/WebBrowser/Default.aspx

• Like 4

i too run into this issue with fiverr bot loads and it navigates to fiverr....for some reson none of the gigs usually listed in Google Chrome are not loaded into Chrome 21

In Chrome 49 they are listed but when you log into Fiverr the browser just freezes you cant interact with the page at all!

• Like 1

Hey,

Here's a screencast of 5.9.44 working fine on Fiverr....

https://www.screencast.com/t/lgxnZynN4B68

Can you show what's happening on your end? 

I've been having issues with some sites as well, I actually have a workaround for it for myself but I know a lot of others will be having issues using things like advanced element editor.

In the case of Fiverr, simply dragging the Sign In button for example will crash the browser, sometimes on the first try for me or in this case on the second (no plugins were activated): 

• Like 1

Just hope you kindly share it!  +1

I've been having issues with some sites as well, I actually have a workaround for it for myself but I know a lot of others will be having issues using things like advanced element editor.

In the case of Fiverr, simply dragging the Sign In button for example will crash the browser, sometimes on the first try for me or in this case on the second (no plugins were activated): 

I just don't use the element editor or click/drag in any way. I don't mean a workaround like a hack or something more like just open the inspector in Ubot and only use that to type in things manually instead of letting Ubot fill things in for you. If people are interested I could maybe do a quick video on it.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I just don't use the element editor or click/drag in any way. I don't mean a workaround like a hack or something more like just open the inspector in Ubot and only use that to type in things manually instead of letting Ubot fill things in for you. If people are interested I could maybe do a quick video on it.

Proper way to do it, so its this latest update that has fixed a whole load of issues then? I thought my older Ubot versions were corrupted as I fresh installed this version and ubot for the little testing Ive done, has really impressed me, but the bug fix notes make no mention of any significant browser fixes

Hi Nick,

Do you mind sharing your workaround as if you have any information that could useful

I would surely apply it?

He means to use the web inspector view > web inspector

then write the code manually

like something is <p id="myParagraph"> hello</p>

in ubot the selector code is <id="myParagraph">

You just click the magnifying glass at the top left of the screen, of course there tricks to the trade and you can do some good stuff with it, I made a chrome plugin for the developer tools(just modified someone elses plugin) to create some ubot selector code perhaps that would help, I use it all the time

http://network.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic/20582-chrome-extension-for-auto-generating-scraping-code-for-my-css-plugin-exbrowser-too/

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

Bit of an old thread but I thought it was worth mentioning...

I too ran into a situation where I am forced to use Chrome49... and as with everyone else it causes so much trouble it just isn't worth working with - But - I had no choice.

So I have done a 2 part approach to handle the issues.

1- The cef browser log gets beyond massive in a hurry, so I put in a little routine that will delete that file when the user first runs the software. (you could just as easily set it to delete that file with every loop or whatever)

2- I have everything opening in a new browser. With the new browser command, once that browser closes it releases the process and prevents the massive buildup that always results in browser crash.

So far, it is working... My process is pretty short in general so I don't know if it would remain stable in an environment where it is running for multiple hours at a time, but it is at least a starting point.

***UPDATE:: I have used the process on extensive bots that run massive loops for hours on end and deleting that log file, opening/closing windows, and dumping memory do make it usable.

I still use the old browser and only mess with 49 if i am forced to... but this does work.

• Like 3
  • 4 months later...

Bit of an old thread but I thought it was worth mentioning...

I too ran into a situation where I am forced to use Chrome49... and as with everyone else it causes so much trouble it just isn't worth working with - But - I had no choice.

So I have done a 2 part approach to handle the issues.

1- The cef browser log gets beyond massive in a hurry, so I put in a little routine that will delete that file when the user first runs the software. (you could just as easily set it to delete that file with every loop or whatever)

2- I have everything opening in a new browser. With the new browser command, once that browser closes it releases the process and prevents the massive buildup that always results in browser crash.

So far, it is working... My process is pretty short in general so I don't know if it would remain stable in an environment where it is running for multiple hours at a time, but it is at least a starting point.

Hello Brutal, thanks for this trick. In my case when i use in new browser i am logged off the site i was using, is there any way to deal with that?

Regards
Edited by Kill3rbko