UBot Underground

Hi

First, if its not right place feel free to move it

As ubot beginner, there's learning curve that we must pass.
Here i'll post Miscellaneous Tips that i find usefull as ubot beginner, hope it helps other
i'll also shamelessly post other uboter tips that i can find(offcourse, credit due where its due)

TO SENIOR UBOTTER :
Please jump in and add, we need your wisdom here

#1. Save HTML Template in separate file 
#2. Separate your work into defines, One, two
#3. Ubot studio crash, missing some source code ? Check here
#4. How to add JQUERY in your ubot browser

#5. JSON Parser, One, two

#6. Ubot custom selector : XPATH, CSS Selector

#7. Want to test random HTML panel's without needing to compile a whole new bot ?

#8. $false not same as $is number 's "false"

#9. Add "wait" after "run javascript"

10. Python boolean != Ubot boolean

Edited by kate

Save your HTML template in separate file, then load it with ui html panel, if you change the html file, just edit "ui html panel" and save. Ubot will reload that html file.

This is usefull if you have huge html, it will not clutter your code view, and make ubot studio happy(at least on my crappy comp)

ui html panel($read file("{$special folder("Application")}\\template2.html"),350)

???

sorry too fast to hit enter

Edited by kate

Separate your work into defines. This helps keep your work area manageable as your bots get larger and larger.

*note: have a bit of code you wrote and think you may need later but right now it is in the way? Put it in a define and then just don't call that define. This way it is handy to access, still fully in tact, and mostly out of the way.

Compile this to test random HTML panel's without needing to compile a whole new bot,fill in tab 1,click run then open tab 2

tab 1

ui open file("html file",#html)
ui text box("height",#height)
set(#htmlFile,$read file(#html),"Global")

tab 2

ui html panel(#htmlFile,#height)

• 2 weeks later...

its good to add "wait" command after "run javascript" command. Let javascript command finish their work

Just to point out that this is in fact a really annoying bug in Ubot Chrome 49,or any version post 21,if you run with Ubot 4 or I guess Ubot 5.9 with Chrome 21 it executes perfectly and doesn't execute the following node until completed

• 2 weeks later...

Just to point out that this is in fact a really annoying bug in Ubot Chrome 49,or any version post 21,if you run with Ubot 4 or I guess Ubot 5.9 with Chrome 21 it executes perfectly and doesn't execute the following node until completed

should we add it to tracker.ubotstudio.com ?