UBot Underground

Sure, You're Using Stealth. But Are You Using The New Browser?

Hey all,

just a quick informative post. 

The DEFAULT browser in UBot Studio is currently still the previous browser. This is the browser that we've had for a long time. It works great and there are many tried and true ways to use it on the few sites that don't appear to work at first. 

1. Change your useragent! 2. Try the m.site.com or mobile version of the site!

Anyway, thanks to a ton of hard work, the newest version of UBot Studio contains BOTH a new browser and the previous browser for added compatibility with some large scripts. 

To make sure you are using the new browser, go to your Tools -> Options Menu and find the Browser Option.

Change it to Chrome 39. 

post-3356-0-49667200-1450294509.gif

Then restart.

Enjoy!

Jason

browserchange2.gif

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Hey Jason, I did try it but found it too slow. I use a lot of jquery in the browser to display program flow and the old browser is crazy fast in comparison to the new one. Though I'd prefer it.

• Like 1

I just re-subscribed to updates and was excited about the new stealth features, but unfortunately Chrome 39 doesn't seem to work at all for me.  I can't drag and drop any elements, the browser constantly crashes and it's very slow and buggy overall.

• 1 month later...

there is a great deal more crashes with 39 than 21, and 21 still has its issues as well.

I tend to try to stick more with the 4.2.20, but would be loving to use the latest in 39 for things once its more stable.

I have clients reporting immediate crashes and no more than 30 minutes of run time before crashing

there is a great deal more crashes with 39 than 21, and 21 still has its issues as well.

I tend to try to stick more with the 4.2.20, but would be loving to use the latest in 39 for things once its more stable.

I have clients reporting immediate crashes and no more than 30 minutes of run time before crashing

TJ what do you tell your clients once they report these things, considering there is little to nothing that you can do to prevent the crashing? How do you manage things on a customer level to keep them satisfied?

• 2 weeks later...

I have V5 Dev, It was buggy and I went back to 4.2.20, I haven't used either for some time and was excited to see that stealth was released.

Are you saying that I should not bother upgrading to stealth or that it is ok but just not backward compatible with old bots?

or is stealth ok if you don't use the new browser? can you still use headless if you don't use the new browser?

I would have thought (was hoping) that, after such a long time away, Ubot would have reached a stable version.

Clint

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing guys.

I was wondering why i had crashes here and there and that the bots were stopping after 20 or 30 minutes (sometimes less) 

I thought i was the only one.

What happens the most in my case is that the fonts become bigger and the window becomes oversized then nothing works. Usually happens using new windows (new/shared) multi threaded popups. Or it just stop out of nowhere and it's hard to get it going again without shutting it down.

What about you? Might help the staff to pin point the problem if we share some issues?

I appreciate the comments here, please make sure to link to tracker issues. If there's not a tracker issue describing the problem it's not possible for us to look into it!

I have V5 Dev, It was buggy and I went back to 4.2.20, I haven't used either for some time and was excited to see that stealth was released.

Are you saying that I should not bother upgrading to stealth or that it is ok but just not backward compatible with old bots?

or is stealth ok if you don't use the new browser? can you still use headless if you don't use the new browser?

I would have thought (was hoping) that, after such a long time away, Ubot would have reached a stable version.

Clint

V5 Stealth is the most stable version we've released. It includes both the Awesomium Browser and the Cef Browser, as well as commands like Reset Browser which clear the memory. 

You can use headless in stealth regardless of the browser you are using. 

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

Browser 39 is crashing for me everytime after I run a bot. These are basic bots. After a minute or so the Ubot is non responsive and I have shut down via Task Manager. I check in Task Manager and see multiple CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess 32 processes. Is the 32 indicating 32bit? I am using 64 bit machine. Most machine out there are now 64 bit which is proven to make better use of memory amongst others things. When I switch back to Browser 21 and restart, no freezing observed.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a helpful thread. As I've been getting the following error on a pretty straightforward bot:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:    UBotCefSharpBrowser.exe
  Problem Signature 02:    1.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 03:    56f73726
  Problem Signature 04:    UBotCefSharpBrowser
  Problem Signature 05:    1.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 06:    56f73726
  Problem Signature 07:    126
  Problem Signature 08:    56
  Problem Signature 09:    System.OutOfMemoryException
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.272.7
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    0a9e
  Additional Information 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:    0a9e
  Additional Information 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I'm going to recompile using 21 browser and also run a compiled version with version 4. I'll let you know how it goes.

I appreciate the comments here, please make sure to link to tracker issues. If there's not a tracker issue describing the problem it's not possible for us to look into it!

Respectfully, perhaps more testing before/after the release would "allow you" to look into these issue.

That's how I take responsibility and fix the issues my customers find, but can't/don't have the time to pinpoint for me. After all they were nice enough to take the time to inform me before firing me.

• Like 1

Browser 39 is crashing for me everytime after I run a bot. These are basic bots. After a minute or so the Ubot is non responsive and I have shut down via Task Manager. I check in Task Manager and see multiple CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess 32 processes. Is the 32 indicating 32bit? I am using 64 bit machine. Most machine out there are now 64 bit which is proven to make better use of memory amongst others things. When I switch back to Browser 21 and restart, no freezing observed.

Respectfully, perhaps more testing before/after the release would "allow you" to look into these issue.

That's how I take responsibility and fix the issues my customers find, but can't/don't have the time to pinpoint for me. After all they were nice enough to take the time to inform me before firing me.

If something is crashing consistently, after startup, the problem is *not* the vanilla UBot installation. With thousands of customers using the software, there is no way we could release a version that did this. We do complete considerable testing, and if you are experiencing errors that actually keep you from doing anything with the software, then the issue is something you will want to discuss with our support staff so we can see what is wrong in your specific configuration. 

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, anyone still having problem with the new browser (49)? uBot crashes and I cannot get anything to work (selecting elements etc).

Running latest build with all plug-ins deactivated,

• 3 weeks later...

With the latest version of ubot, 5.9.33, I'd like to know the status of the new browser too. I've been on 5.9.19 for some time now and still only use the old version of the browser. Main reason? Because it's faster. I use the jquery 2 base for a lot of things in my software builds and I've found that it can be slow, slow slow on version 39 of the embedded chrome.

Any news? I can see my hand is slowly but surely being forced towards the newer version for proper js and html 5 compatibility.

Frank

• Like 1

With the latest version of ubot, 5.9.33, I'd like to know the status of the new browser too. I've been on 5.9.19 for some time now and still only use the old version of the browser. Main reason? Because it's faster. I use the jquery 2 base for a lot of things in my software builds and I've found that it can be slow, slow slow on version 39 of the embedded chrome.

Any news? I can see my hand is slowly but surely being forced towards the newer version for proper js and html 5 compatibility.

Frank

I am interested in this too.  I have been waiting for a long time for starting with the new version 5 (still working with 4.20), but it seems is not ready yet.  Shame!

Luis Carlos

Ok, I've done some testing and the chrome 49 version is still buggy unfortunately. A good test is to go to a site called steemit.com and try to drag the sign in button to the commands. Won't work. It actually causes the program to hang. Seems that version chrome 39 is the same in 5.9.19.

Frank

• Like 1

I am interested in this too.  I have been waiting for a long time for starting with the new version 5 (still working with 4.20), but it seems is not ready yet.  Shame!

Luis Carlos

Luis, I use ubot 5 for everything in the chrome 21 browser. Not html 5 compliant, but it works good.

I've got literally 1,000s of customers on it.

Frank

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok, I've done some testing and the chrome 49 version is still buggy unfortunately. A good test is to go to a site called steemit.com and try to drag the sign in button to the commands. Won't work. It actually causes the program to hang. Seems that version chrome 39 is the same in 5.9.19.

Frank

I had the same problem with Steemit.com. Really annoying because it won't work with either browser :(

• 1 month later...