UBot Underground

Latest 5.9.2 Issues With Compiled Bots And Problems In General Win 10 Or 7

Hey Guys.

Some people are having issues in latest versions of Windows 7 or 10 and UBot 5.x.x.

This little fix should take care of some of them.

Download

Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015

here

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Unfortunately for now,

Your customers will need to do the same.

It is probably best to install both x86 and x64 as the older ones are installed like this.

Please come back and say if it worked for you to give others the confidence to try it.

Also restart and check for updates for windows of course.

Happy Botting!!

CD

Here is a Quote from a heavy user

"[4:13:57 AM] --Ubotter--: Just thought I'd report some good news and thanks to CD (again!) Seems that following his suggestion of installing https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145doesnt just cure Win10 woes, its also sorted my multiple issues on my 64bit Win7 Ultimate (worst affected) and other Win7 systems. The if element exists (when looking for image element) no longer hangs. The bots now load (although they do take an age to appear when run for the first time -presumably while downloading support files for the new version) and the ones that were hanging completely and never loading now also load.
[4:16:17 AM | Edited 4:18:01 AM] --Ubotter--: Only tested with browser 21 so far but at least it looks like I can move to the latest version to continue development now whereas before neither 21 or 39 was even usable here and was having to go back to 5.7.1 for almost everything."

his real skype name witheld

CD

YOU F*****G AMAZING PERSON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ahem ... 

The Win 7 "64" bit and Win 10 issue has been giving me a headache for weeks now, 

a ton of support emails from customers with those OS's 

Will this work for Win XP also ?

Ill come back and let you know if it works for them as soon as i get some replies

Cheers

CJ

Thanks CD, but I'm not going to lie, having two ensure two dependencies is not cool. First net 4.5 - actually now recommend 4.6 and c++. But thanks for your observation.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to report back that this worked for my VPS running Windows Server 2012. The only thing I changed was Installing the Visual C++ program. Thanks Code Docta!

Well, when I read this thread I thought, yay all of my problems are solved!!

Then I go to install the packages listed in the OP.

Looks like I already have them installed :(

Back to the frustration of working with Ubot.

• 2 weeks later...

It's unfortunate, but there does seem to be some issues with the latest code. I upgraded a production bot to 5.9.8 from 5.8.5 and have encountered tons of little issues. One being that folks are really complaining about the software being very slow to run.

Frank

It's unfortunate, but there does seem to be some issues with the latest code. I upgraded a production bot to 5.9.8 from 5.8.5 and have encountered tons of little issues. One being that folks are really complaining about the software being very slow to run.

Frank

Yea I'm quite upset about this.  I'm done opening support tickets.  I thought it was just my system, so I installed on my son's laptop.  Didn't work either.

So I figure, well maybe it's just Ubot studio, compiled bots might be another story.

Compiled bots don't seem to work well either.  Crash in about 5 minutes.

I've already started re-coding my entire project in C#.  I don't know if I'll use Ubot anymore.  Shame.

Hey Guys.

Some people are having issues in latest versions of Windows 7 or 10 and UBot 5.x.x.

This little fix should take care of some of them.

Download

Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015

here

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Unfortunately for now,

Your customers will need to do the same.

It is probably best to install both x86 and x64 as the older ones are installed like this.

Please come back and say if it worked for you to give others the confidence to try it.

Also restart and check for updates for windows of course.

Happy Botting!!

CD

Nick,

thanks for pointing this out, and it’s been pointed out a few times as well in other threads. While these files are useful for some, it’s unlikely to solve everyone’s individual issues. We strongly recommend that anyone with ‘issues’ please open a support ticket / tracker issue reporting specifically what they are experiencing, so we can work on a resolution.