UBot Underground

[Sell] ►►Xpath Builder Pro◄◄

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Regex isn't really designed for html documents and its very easy for a complex page to cause issues. You will also find you will have to make more and more complex regex to achieve certain things.   w

XPath Builder Pro has been updated 8/1/2021  and can  be downloaded inside of your account on https://www.exbrowser.net from your members dashboard Download and replace your files wi

Hi Dan,   Disregard, I replied too soon and made newbie mistake, I didn't realize I could override the "attribute to get" field and type in "content". Duh!   Sorry for the bother... but thank you for

Posted Images

Hi Dan,

Bought the program. I am trying to learn how to use it now. In my first attempt I was looking at a yellowpages.com search results page. Here is the URL:

http://www.yellowpages.com/search?search_terms=Concrete+Contractors&geo_location_terms=Lancaster%2C+OH

I wanted to scrape ONLY the listings on the page that are numbered (like 1. 2. 3. etc). Due to the overlapping structure of the HTML I cannot figure out what expression would find only the numbered listing results. Can you look at that page and tell me if it's possible and how to select them. Keep in mine I am a total newbie to xpath so really "dumb-down" your explanation for me.

Thanks in advance for any help. If I should submit it to support let me know. I just thought maybe another newbie user would be stuck like me.

sales

When I click your link I get:

http://screencast.com/t/9Z6nVhHyZQ6

Not sure why. might be because of my location.

Dan

Dan,

Just search on yellowpages.com for any business category (contractor type plus location). It displays 2-3 promoted ads on the top, 3-4 on the bottom and 3-4 on the right sidebar. The regular ads are in the center with numbers from 1-30 per page. The paid ad businesses are also contained in the 30 listings in the center. Some have street addresses, some don't. I can't seem to get only the 30 in the middle with the 1. 2. 3. etc using the xPath Pro for an expression. I don't know enough to use advanced xpath. I thought if I could see an example I could learn from it.

Thanks for checking it out.

sales

============

cmmorris1

I will try your expression when I am at the program. Thanks for trying to help.

sales

• 1 month later...

Can xpath builder pro be used to scrape results from youtube easily? Like youtube title tags, descriptions etc?

It's a tool to build Xpath expressions and then run those expressions against the website. 

And it will return the results as well. Or you can use the expression in Ubot studio. 

Can it create the necessary xpath expressions automatically... well, most of the time yes. But depending on the website and the complexity of your requirement, you might need some xpath know how yourself to adjust the expression.

I hope that helps.

Kindest regards

Dan

Thanks dan,

I don't know xpath, would you recommend any tutorials or does your tutorials also cover about xpath or only about your tool. It would make more sense if I learn about xpath before I buy your tool, don't you think?

Are these from your tutorials of another course on exbrowser which i can buy?

This is from a serials of tutorial videos (free) I created for the "old" communication plugin. So it also has stuff about some of the commands and functions we removed in the current version of EXBrowser. Like the client-server communication stuff. But the browser tutorials are still valid for ExBrowser plugin. As soon as time permits we will release some new tutorials who only cover ExBrowser commands and functions.

Dan 

>> Important <<

I'm sending all important information's and updates via Email (Getresponse).
When you purchase something from me, you will be added to our customer autoresponder automatically.

Of course I will also post to the forum, but not everything I sent to my customers is for the public.
So the email newsletter is the primary tool for all the communication!

So please:

1. Stay on that email List!

2. Use an email address you actually monitor and read!
3. Whitelist my email address by adding it to your address book 
dan(ad)bot-factory.com

For support contact the helpdesk via:
support(ad)bot-factory.com

Thanks in advance for your understanding and continuous support!
Dan

Hi Dan,

I've been out of the Ubot loop for the last 8 months due to accident injury, but I just purchased your Xpath Builder Pro and I wanted to say what an incredible job you did with the Xpath Builder videos! I also have your HTTP Plugin videos which were/are great, but you really did an excellent job of explaining the nuances between the different Ubot plugins (BigTable, Cbrowser, HTTP Post plug-ins) when using Xpath expressions and just using Xpath expressions in general (i.e. /text() versus InnerText, etc.) You've done a fantastic job of organizing your knowledge and the information when explaining the usage of Xpath Builder Pro/Xpath expressions with these over-the-shoulder type videos. All the live demonstrations are great training by example and are especially valuable where you dig down into some tricky elements/node identification stuff using XBP. Awesome job Dan!

I did have a quick question regarding the best way to return and store the value of the number of elements contained in an Xpath expression. I tried using the Xpath function count() in the HTTP $xpath parser function to store the number of elements in a variable but couldn't get it to work. For example, the expression below has Xpath Builder Pro identifying 16 elements...

//ul[@id=listing-tag-list]//li

I can access each of the 16 elements in Xpath Builder and Ubot using these expressions...

(//ul[@id=listing-tag-list]//li)[1]

(//ul[@id=listing-tag-list]//li)[16]

I'm struggling in Ubot to get the count() Xpath function to work to return and store the value in a variable to then write code to point to each element's number. Every web page has a different number of elements, so that's why I need to keep checking for the count from page to page. Here is what I've tried unsuccessfully...

set(#x3,$plugin function("HTTP post.dll""$xpath parser"#get"count(//ul[@id=\"listing-tag-list\"]//li)""InnerText""HTML"),"Global")

You are such a Ubot/HTTP Plugin/Xpath ninja, I figured you'd know the answer immediately, any help would be great!

Thanks,

-Rich

Hello Rich,

thanks a lot for the great feedback. Love it  :D 

In my opinion the simplest way would be to add the stuff to an ubot list and then use list count. 
List from text with $new line as separator. Don't forget to deselect the "Remove duplicates" option of your list element.

Hope that helps.

Dan

Hi Dan,

Thanks, yeah I guess pulling the data back and working with it via a List in Ubot is the easiest way to get a value. I was trying to do it on the fly with Xpath expression. I guess when I saw the XBP status bar easily reporting the number of elements for each expression it made me want to use Xpath to return a value in Ubot, but your suggestion works perfect.

Thanks,

-Rich

Hi Dan,

Your previous suggestion is working great. The only major problem I'm have is that I have an Xpath expression that works perfectly in XBP, but it will NOT work in Ubot HTTP Plugin. Actually, anytime I try to extract data from //meta tags, XBP pulls the data but Ubot HTTP Plugin will not. I've tried everything I can think of and checked all over the web but to no avail. Here is what I have...

XBP returns the same data for all three versions of these, but nothing in Ubot HTTP Plugin (I'm using InnerText setting and tried the others). I even tried to use "description" meta tag in expression without success.

//meta[@name=keywords]/@content

//meta[contains(@name,"keywords")]/@content

/head/meta[@name=keywords]/@content

-Rich

The selection of the element you want to extract is working different in the ubot plugins compared to xpath builder pro.

/@content  is not supported by any ubot plugin. 
You have to specify the element you want to extract in the appropriate element field of the plugin. And remove it from your expression.

Example:

http://screencast.com/t/3W0nn4s6K

Dan

Hi Dan,

Thank you for the response and video links, I will watch those now. The issue for me may be with my HTTP Plugin, I don't have the option "content" under the  "attribute to get" like in your screenshot, I only have available (Innerext,InnerHTML,OuterHTML,value,id,name,src,href,type,action,title). I'm currently running (Amen's) HTTP Post v2.5.1.0. I'll check with him and see if that's the most updated version.

Thank,

-Rich

Hi Dan,

Disregard, I replied too soon and made newbie mistake, I didn't realize I could override the "attribute to get" field and type in "content". Duh!

Sorry for the bother... but thank you for more valuable training videos, I got even more nuggets of info and you've convinced me to purchase Cbrowser plugin.

Thanks,

-Rich

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Bought this tool a few day's ago and must say it saves me tons of time with the HTTP and Exbrowser plugin. Can advise anyone to buy this tool. Amazing job Dan, keep the good work coming. 10/10

• Like 1