UBot Underground

Excessive Amount Of Traffic Coming From Your Region.. What To Do?

Working on a scraper bot of EZINE Articles and after testing my bot for the first page of 25 articles twice got this message... See below.. Is this for real? How can I combat this? I would assume this is going to continue happening with every site. There is an excessive amount of traffic coming from your Region.

http://ezinearticles.com/captcha/blank.gif?uuid=f3ed1363f3224e0880eb4d46db57088c

What may be causing this?

• You are attempting to access this page via a Webhosting Account
    • Scripted access to public pages is not allowed.
  • You are accessing the web via a proxy.
    • If you are using a public proxy, you may wish to switch to another or disable it. If you believe your ISP is using a transparent proxy, please let us know.
  • You or someone on your network is running a bot to crawl our site.
  • Please contact your Network Administrator if you believe this to be the case

Working on a scraper bot of EZINE Articles and after testing my bot for the first page of 25 articles twice got this message... See below.. Is this for real? How can I combat this? I would assume this is going to continue happening with every site. There is an excessive amount of traffic coming from your Region.

http://ezinearticles.com/captcha/blank.gif?uuid=f3ed1363f3224e0880eb4d46db57088c

What may be causing this?

• You are attempting to access this page via a Webhosting Account
    • Scripted access to public pages is not allowed.
  • You are accessing the web via a proxy.
    • If you are using a public proxy, you may wish to switch to another or disable it. If you believe your ISP is using a transparent proxy, please let us know.
  • You or someone on your network is running a bot to crawl our site.
  • Please contact your Network Administrator if you believe this to be the case

You need better quality proxies (or more of them) or if you are not using them at all you need to start. 

• Like 1

You need better quality proxies (or more of them) or if you are not using them at all you need to start. 

Thanks Volund, I was sort of expecting that answer. But have never used Proxies. Can you share the best practic using proxies and give me the run down? Are there any resources out there you would recommend me looking into? Feel free to PM me. I appreciate your insights and help here! Cheers

Thanks Volund, I was sort of expecting that answer. But have never used Proxies. Can you share the best practic using proxies and give me the run down? Are there any resources out there you would recommend me looking into? Feel free to PM me. I appreciate your insights and help here! Cheers

There are basically two main types of proxy lists.

1. Private/semi-private that you rent per month. These are generally high quality, run ~$1 a month per IP and most companies will let you trade them out once or twice a month if they get burnt. You would generally use these for creating accounts on sites where you are going to be having on-going interaction with the accounts. For example if you were going to open up multiple Facebook accounts and continually post to them. This way you could login to each account from its own stable IP making it less likely to trip any spam filters. 

2. Scrapped public proxies. These I generally use for scraping info from sites like you are doing from Ezine. You can use a proxy program and scrape them yourself or you can buy lists that supply you with a bunch of proxies every day. These tend to burn out quickly but since you are not reusing them it does not really matter. You want to make sure that the proxies you are using are anonymous (which as it sounds does not bleed your actual IP) or elite which are both anonymous as well as not showing up as a proxy when being used.

Which way you should go depends on a couple of factors. First how many you need each day and how long you are going to need them. Secondly what tools you already have. For instance if you already own Scrapebox and are not going to need a huge number of proxies daily than even though SB is not the best tool for the job it would probably be good enough for what you are doing. If you are going to need a lot of them for just a short period of time then it would probably make sense to join a list or two (they usually run ~$10 a month. If however you are going to need a lot of them for a long period of time it would make sense to invest in better proxy software and scrape them yourself. 

• Like 1