UBot Underground

Ubot 5.5 is way faster

Frankly, I don't like the colour of 5 as it is too light and sometimes hard to see each command's borders (where the loop's or DEFINITION's borders end, etc. and so, if you mean to add a certain command below the LOOP command, you might accidently add it inside the LOOP since you cannot see it's bottom border due to too much light colour. A lot of people are also colour blind).

Would be better, if we could change skins. I did suggest this once.

I was thinking the same thing about the readability of the code in node view, and I thought that maybe I'm just not used to it and I need some time, but looks like I'm not the only one.

Anyone else thinks that node view is hard to read in v5?

Also, I really hope they do something with that clunky behavior of UBot v5 (window)....not sure why they couldn't use standard Windows application window (I guess it's because of new look, but I would prefer it to be more user friendly instead of being kitschy).

Also, I really hope they do something with that clunky behavior of UBot v5 (window)....not sure why they couldn't use standard Windows application window (I guess it's because of new look, but I would prefer it to be more user friendly instead of being kitschy).

Yeah, I don't like that as well. All the Windows Hotkeys don't work. Minimizing / maximizing when you double click the window title. And so on. 

It just doesn't behave like a normal windows app.

Dan

Over all I believe this is a pretty good update. Yes “minimizing / maximizing / displaying” the debugger still has some issues at times apart from that very good release

Hope the ubot time puts out an update for the few reported bugs next week then focusses on the debugger problems.

My thanks to the ubot team and the users that tested it.

There are currently 3 open bugs with status high. 

Keep in mind 5.5 is still pre release. Test everything and don't just compile and send to your customers!

Look at the tracker roadmap. So that you know what the currently known issues are:

http://tracker.ubotstudio.com/projects/ubot-5/issues?fixed_version_id=17&set_filter=1&status_id=o

Cheers

Dan

Some of the changes in this new version include:

1)  code window for python, html, javascript

2)  bot bank upgrade

3)  bot bank includes a "play sound" command and text to speech commands

Has anyone used these commands or have more info?  Thanks in advance.

UBot 5.5 is waaaaay better than ever before! It loads fast too despite of a lot of plugins.

Just one thing though. AVG Antivirus goes nuts.

Apart from that, well done!

Now I will continue to test it further.

Martin C,

I have a couple of vb.net applications that I developed using .NET 4.5 and sold before using UBOT and that has been my experience.

I have had to refund several sales after the buyers inform me that the product will not install and run on XP.

There are still some diehard users of XP that won't move on to Windows 7 or higher.

Martin C,

There are still some diehard users of XP that won't move on to Windows 7 or higher.

I have a virtual server running XP if I could work out how to get a Windows 7 license and how much it would cost I might think about upgrading but every time I have looked I have disappeared into a dark, deep labyrinth of Microsoft licensing jargon and terminology that seems to indicate it might be cheaper and more straight forward reverting back to having physical multiple machines, so not so much of an XP die hard here more of a exasperated understanding Microsoft licensing person. 

Martin C,

Yes, I hear you on the Microsoft licensing situation.

I actually like XP better than any other version of Windows that Microsoft has put out. It just seems that 64 bit machines and Windows 7 have be forced onto us. Like most good things, XP has come to an end and is over whether I like it or not.

It was a huge surprise to me when the first customer told me my software would not run on XP. I thought, that is impossible the customer must be wrong. He wasn't.

It's unfortunate but when these folks even get into Windows 7, it's a much nicer platform. And once you get used to windows 8.1, it's actually pretty good. Heck if you consider the fact that Microsoft has completely end of lifed xp in April this year (2014), gotta make you think. It's technology that was released in 2001, and truly be a great product but in computer years, it's realllly old. Actually I have one person who still swears by windows for workgroups. I think it was windows 3.11? Hah, support that!

Frank

• Like 1

Yes, Windows 7 is good. My biggest complaint was that you can not RDC to the standard version. I had just bought a server with Microsoft Home Server OS and upgraded all my home machines to Windows 7. The idea being that through the Home Server OS I would be able to RDC to any of my machines from anywhere on the Internet. Then I found out that unless I wanted to spend hundreds to upgrade the Windows 7 version I couldn't connect to any of them even with a HOME SERVER OS from Microsoft. I was pissed. That's when I started using GoToMyPC and have been using it since.

Its not a waste people are telling you already here 5.5 is good!   just buy a month if you are so bothered.

It's just like me saying about my warriorplus account... i don't use it much no more as i use jvzoo... BUT i could use it one day when a good offer comes up.. is it worth me paying the $4 a month to  keep it in case!  hell yes. i will make more than the years worth on the first offer i promote.  similar thing.

I cancelled my W+ account and still have access... figured it wouldn't be a wise move to lock out affiliates if they didn't pay to play :)

Solving captcha in 5.5 is not working. Can someone confirm and report bug, i dont have bug tracker account yet.

Already on the list. Will be fixed in 5.5.1

Seth promised to release 5.5.1 before next Monday.

Dan

• 10 months later...