UBot Underground

Tips for selling more bots

mamica,

Your question: What if customer don't want to pay more? They can find someone else and waste their time. If no one wants to do it for their price they will come back to you.

Your question: What if they want to overpay? Take the money in case you under estimated the time. If you were right on with your estimate then give them some unexpected features.

Also I make it a practice on larger projects to offer to the prospect that I write a detailed design document (including a quote) that they can use to shop around for a price from others.

I usually charge them $500 for the design document and that way if I don't get a custom programming sale I at least get the $500. You can offer to credit the $500 if you get the big job (or not).

Right now I am working on a project like that and my design document was $500 and I quoted $20,000 for everything. He was floored by the proposal. So I scaled back his list of everything he ever wanted.

The scaled down second proposal I made was $8000 for three phases. $6,000 phase I, and $1,000 each for phase II and II. We are near the end of phase I and phase II and II may change based on what we learned in phase I.

Bottom line, near give away your time at an unreasonably low price.

Yea, but i don't do big projects. Most of the time i can code this bots in hour or two. unless i hit something that i cant handle then i need to spend time to research. So im not sure if that time to research is included in price.

Yea, but i don't do big projects. Most of the time i can code this bots in hour or two. unless i hit something that i cant handle then i need to spend time to research. So im not sure if that time to research is included in price.

If you bid the job as hourly then I would bill for the research time (within reason). On the other hand, a fixed price quote would not change. It's just a matter of communicating clearly with the customer ahead of time.

uniquebot,

The $6,000 job I am working on includes a variety of programming tools.

It includes a Wordpress based website, also a sub-directory site were I used PHP Generator For MySQL to create as well as custom PHP pages.

There is MySQL database where I used SQL Maestro for My SQL - probably about 25 tables now

- 3 main sources of data now at about 3 million rows - our goal is joining the three sources to sell the data result (i.e. leads in a particular industry)

I have build two major MS SQL SSIS packages (my specialty) that do the heavy lifting to download and update the data in the database daily.

In the process of building the website I have written three UBOT programs mainly indexing the data in the sites to see what the record counts will be for estimating.

I really have not used UBOT as much on this project as I expected after finding out that 2 of the three sites have download files available for daily updates and SSIS is really good for that.

So UBOT is a tool in my tool bag and I expect it will see a lot of use in the future as I get more comfortable with it. I have a couple projects I want to use it for but no time right now.

I charge $50 per hour for my time which I think is cheap; but it is OK since this is all extra money since I have a full time job too.

• 11 months later...

I got a silly tip to sell more bots.

Think of it as a partnership you have with your clients.

Build a bot that can make them money... (ex: $1000 per month)

And then you have the right to ask to be paid (ex: $3-400 per month)

In other words you help your clients to boost their business' "bottom line", therefore you deserve to be paid.

If you can make a bot that makes $1,000 per month let us know.

I think you would have more customers than you can handle for $300 to $400 per month.

It seems to me that the problem is that there are so many people making claims about what their product can do that just aren't true.

• Like 1

Hi Arunner26:

I don't want to disclose how much I am making with Ubot per month, I don't need a target on my back. Here is few bots I made (not for sale) to do few tasks. (I will keep it simple) the reason I can ask for such payment is because my ideas are unique and my bots are not for sale.

1. Stock market bot (I leave to your imagination what that bot does)

2. Marketing bot (I drive direct and effective traffic to my clients sites)

I don't care if anyone believes me or not I am not here to brag. I am young, owns properties, yachts, fancy cars, and bunch of stocks.

I just want to share some of my business insights with fellow Ubotters.

Once again selling bots are not the right way to make money, it's chasing small one time fees, instead of recurring revenue.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

To update on my previous post since I got few emails and questions from fellow members. 

Remember you are devaluating your software with every copy sold for $20-60, it is a small community out there so you may make few hundred or even thousand to sell a bot, but if you kept it to yourself and can offer to charge a service fee to your local market instead of cheaper international market, you can demand a lot more from your clients to use one of the kind custom bot.

I simply believe if you are building and using your custom bots in your local markets (i.e.: North America or EU) your local currency translate to a much higher profit vs trying to sell copies.

Once again just my silly opinion and my business model. We build Ubots we are not Fiverrs ..... believe in yourself and stick to your model.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I have seen many sites selling Ubot bots and so I thought I would just outline some tips on what to do or not to do. This is really just scratching the surface and if you guys want I'll write some more about selling stuff.

1. Show the product

This is probably the biggest mistake I see. You go through all of the work of making a new product and then you just write a sales page for it or you just show a screen shot or two. When I go to a sales page these days I always skip through or skip entirely the actual sales video - I just want to see how the product works. I'm not the only one.

Make a video showing what your product does and watch your conversion rate go up :D

2. One Page - One Action 

Have you seen my website?! It wasn't until a few weeks ago that I even updated the menu on the sidebar so that you can see all the products actually listed. One of the mistakes I see people making is sending a mixed message or worse - selling ads on their website. If you want to make Adsense money then go make an Adsense website. If you give your products away for free then I understand but if you're trying to sell them then don't give your visitors a reason to leave.

When I say one page one action I mean you need to make your pages almost like a squeeze page. Do you know why squeeze pages convert so high? Because you are only giving the visitor one option - you can either opt in or you can leave. Period. The same goes for your product pages. Don't try to give people 5 different options, make it very clear what you want them to do.

3. Social Buttons

I don't use them when I am trying to sell stuff and I think that you should consider not using them as well. If anything you're just reminding somebody that Facebook and Twitter exist and that's enough for some people to leave your site. It's not likely that they will share a sales page for your directory submitter because their friends think it is cool.

There is of course one exception to this. If you make a Twitter bot then it might be a good idea to test and see if adding a Twitter button brings in more/better traffic because it is actually relevant in that case.

4. Buy Buttons

Don't make the user scroll until the end of time to see a buy button. Especially if you have a video, then it's best if you have a buy button right below it or next to it. Ideally you would keep the first buy button above the fold. If you do have a buy button up top make sure you also have one at the bottom. Somebody who reads your entire sales letter is likely to be a hot prospect so don't let them think that you have a good product and leave make sure there is a buy button down there!

5. Content

I'm actually not going to go into this too much here. Basically just make sure that if you do not speak English well please get somebody to edit your page. Even if it's just an editor on Fiverr go spend $5-10 to make sure people don't leave because of bad grammar.

====================================================

That's all for now, if you have any questions regarding this stuff or even other aspects of selling feel free to ask :D

And if you have more tips feel free to add them below!

Hi,  I was wondering if bot like "SUPREME TRAFFIC BOT" was made using UBOT? 

• 3 weeks later...

Making $1,000 per month on a bot is low in my opinion. Releasing a good bot takes time but with the right effort, you can release something and make much more than $1,000 per month!

On my latest product, the gross revenues reported for the last 40 days was $32,820.50. Sure about 60% of that went to affiliates and fees, but it still left almost $17.000. And we've just started!

Come on guys, it's time to dream big!

Frank

PS - this is the reason I don't do personal bot work anymore. It's about the same effort in building of the bot and much more potential for profits!

• Like 2

On my latest product, the gross revenues reported for the last 40 days was $32,820.50. Sure about 60% of that went to affiliates and fees, but it still left almost $17.000. And we've just started!

What is the next step after that?

• 3 weeks later...

Build more programs in the same niche, affiliate to other products in your niche, build how to courses in your niche, need I continue? Guys the sky is as high as you make it!

• 1 month later...

Making $1,000 per month on a bot is low in my opinion. Releasing a good bot takes time but with the right effort, you can release something and make much more than $1,000 per month!

Come on guys, it's time to dream big!

Frank

PS - this is the reason I don't do personal bot work anymore. It's about the same effort in building of the bot and much more potential for profits!

That's some real good money. That's why I'm hoping to get a JV partner going to sell my bots and be able to start working from home full time.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice Idea which you give us about selling it will bots our selling.... But i think that where you post your product to sell Website have most traffic then our selling take bots......  

Edited by dorthypersud
  • 7 months later...