UBot Underground

Is everyone Still Using Ubot 4?

So it's been a while since I have been using ubot for anything. Just brushing up on things and looking around the forum. Ubot 5 looks great but when I look at all the recent plugins etc for sale and a lot of the threads with actual working products it looks like a lot of people are using Ubot 4 still.

Is Ubot 5 not stable enough for commercial purposes yet? Is Ubot 4 even still being supported/updated?

Sorry for my cluelessness , just trying to get back up to speed with things before I start creating any new programs.

Thanks.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As far as i know all those experienced Ubot users are still using V4!

There are two big issues remaining with v5: 1. Can't open large bots. UI crash or very slow 2. Threading not working 100%   1 will probably be fixed soon. But I'm a little bit scared about 2...Seth co

So for new purchasers a version 4 DL link is not provided? Everyone's/Every bussiness' action speaks volumes in terms of both their character and their intent... I wish people would understand this be

Im still using V4 for production software.  V5 crashes on most my big V4 bots still :( .

I did make a small voter bot the other week after the last update of V5 and it did run well (without crashing) for a few weeks but it was a small bot.  Ubot V5 did crash also a few times whilst making it, even  though it was sitting there doing nothing at the time.  So im sticking with V4 for another few months until they get V5 to a better stable state.

Wow, surprised that so many people are still using V4. I haven't done any botting for about a year or so and I remember around the time I stopped V4 was just getting really stable. Now I come to the forums and it looks like with all the plugin devs and what not Ubot V4 is pretty solid to make some exceptional bots now.

Just a thought to the Ubot Dev team, since Ubot V4 has such a strong community of devs behind it building plugins and such, and with V5 not being 100% stable and no sign of when it will be (I read in another thread that Eddie has left  :ph34r: ) Is there any chance that maybe working on a new version when we already have a solid one on our hands is a bad idea? 

I mean, I almost subscribed to the updates for V5 today just based off of the sales vid. I got stoked but had to dig deeper, (I know how ubot updates can be) . The only upgrades to V5 seem to be the new UI (Which is sleek) , the recording feature (which I would never use but is obviously going to attract more customers with no programming background) , and the UI builder, Oh yea, and Ubot secure.

Umm, why are features being added that nobody needs? A UI Builder? There has to be at least 10 different plugins I've seen for this, Ubot Secure? There's at least 10 different solutions for this as well that work.

Now I may be wrong, but there seems to be a pattern here of tacking on new "features" to the software that nobody needs because they've already been taken care of by the community. I bought a good UI builder and a great protection system for V4 sometime back before I quit fiddling with Ubot. I bought an even Better UI builder and a new protection system today on the forums that look 10x better than what I had seen from the V5 vids.

Again, I may be wrong. But to me it seems like the team might be a little too focused on monopolizing.

I've had a love/hate relationship with Ubot  (especially the dev team) over the time I've been using because it's both made and costed me a bunch of money. Eventually I moved on to other languages but nothing is as fast for simple web scripting as Ubot.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I'd am personally be all for subscribing to updates and paying to further develop the product that I can USE. Slap a New UI On V4 and lets keep rolling along with that! Lol 

Not badmouthing V5, I haven't even used it as of yet, but the consensus here speaks for itself. Been using Ubot for over 4 years already (time flies) Lol, so I def dont think the project is going anywhere anytime soon.

Hopefully things move forward smoothly, for now I am off to play with all of these cool new plugins that I bought today! Can't believe how far this software has come, actual multithreading and sockets  :) !?  Neat stuff. 

i notice that the majority of people posting here are windows 7 users. So once ubot version 6 is released, we can all finally upgrade to version 5!!  lol

Great point. 

I'm still using python 2.7 , Delphi Xe2 , and and Iphone 4s as well. Maybe I'm just the "if it ain't broke don't fix it type"  :rolleyes:

Great point. 

I'm still using python 2.7 , Delphi Xe2 , and and Iphone 4s as well. Maybe I'm just the "if it ain't broke don't fix it type"  :rolleyes:

I think his point was that even the forum is lacking. There is no option to select windows 8 on the profile page, only windows 7 -- lol.

I think his point was that even the forum is lacking. There is no option to select windows 8 on the profile page, only windows 7 -- lol.

hAA, I thought he was referring to everyone ACTUALLY using windows 7 (which I certainly do) . I think my point remains valid though, software vendors all have big problems when it comes to making REQUIRED upgrades as opposed to financially inspired ones.

As much as i would like to use Version 5 there are in my case too many bugs that make it unusable; strangely version 4 seems to have become remarkably stable since version 5 was released, maybe it just feels that way.

I'm still using v4 as well.

I have tried v5 but there are just too many bugs with the plugins that I love so much and work so well in v4. Plus when I open my big bots in v5 they don't work so I am going to stick with v4.