UBot Underground

Does Ubot have an active developer?

Nicely told Blumi. 

I believe releasing/working on new v5 was the biggest mistake, and from the very start I had a feeling that the only reason behind it was getting more new customers/money. They've added a bunch of new features to (by my opinion) attract the customers (since we already had most of the features via plugins) but as whole it never worked and it still doesn't. :/

There are things like Email and certain web things that were working in v4, (and 3) and don't work in 5, and support basically told me it is now a feature request and if enough people ask for it, they will do it which I wouldn't hold my breathe. Right now email doesn't even working for me and most of my bots I need to re-write require email.  That was before Eddie left too.  

Blumi, what programming language do you use with WinDev if you want to create Ubot-like applications?

I dont use WinDev by my self but a coworker of mine and he does automation even in Java

at the end it depence on which OSplatforms u need for the automation.

but as example   a curl behind a proxy does near the same like UB if it scrapes Data

also a wget can hold session and cookiedata to scrape behinde passwordprotected sites...

by the way to show u alternates to UB Proxy as example, use Google search for "AutoIt exarp" see the tuts and jerk :)

• Like 1

It seems windev is the potential alternative beside c# ?

windev isnt trivial because of all that shit u can do with

so if u wanna deal with u need time to learn and if u 

understand it it is much more then only a c-sharp

Hey guys

I'm working on a nice blog post to update everyone on what's going on here at UBot HQ. But just so you're not in suspense, I'll give you the TL;DR version here.

Yes, it's true, Eddie is no longer with the company. There are mixed feelings about it, but ultimately it's the right thing for us, for you, and for him. My team is working hard to find a replacement. As our community has grown over the years, so too have the technology requirements and quality standards increased since we hired Eddie 3 years ago. We are taking our time to make sure we have the right fit.

In the interim, I have personally stepped up as developer, while my team takes over the day to day chores of running the company. I'm getting ready to release our first update since Eddie's departure, and we will continue our development schedule as normal while we are looking for a new developer. 

• Like 4

Please remember that the forum is primarily a place for you to talk productively amongst yourselves.

If you need details about roadmaps or need questions answered by a team member, we strongly recommend taking your questions directly to us by opening a ticket at our support center at support.ubotstudio.com.

You can also follow our roadmap on the tracker here: http://tracker.ubotstudio.com/projects/ubot-5/issues?fixed_version_id=12&set_filter=1&status_id=%2A

Hey guys

I'm working on a nice blog post to update everyone on what's going on here at UBot HQ. But just so you're not in suspense, I'll give you the TL;DR version here.

Yes, it's true, Eddie is no longer with the company. There are mixed feelings about it, but ultimately it's the right thing for us, for you, and for him. My team is working hard to find a replacement. As our community has grown over the years, so too have the technology requirements and quality standards increased since we hired Eddie 3 years ago. We are taking our time to make sure we have the right fit.

In the interim, I have personally stepped up as developer, while my team takes over the day to day chores of running the company. I'm getting ready to release our first update since Eddie's departure, and we will continue our development schedule as normal while we are looking for a new developer. 

Nice to hear Seth, good luck with that! You got me/us a bit scared there.. :) However, I hope we get back on road asap.

Hey guys

Aprreciate that Seth,

I think it's the right step to have an open communication with the community. We don't need to know the secrets and details. But just talking to us from time to time would help a lot. 
So we know that you guys are still there :-)

Dan

Hey guys

Good  to here everything is ok, and moving forward. BOL

This thread demonstrates the enthusiasm for ubot, and the range of options & feelings we all have for this software to be the best it can be. I am keeping my monthly subscription fee in place.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys

May I ask where I can find that blog post? Surely it doesn't take a month to prepare a blog post?!

Hey Seth, Honest question. Why not hire some of the plugin developers as the core developer of ubot?

You can see how productive they are. Its a win-win between you and your customers.

Honest answer: We designed the plugin api to abstract away most of the complexity of the UBot Core. We purposefully designed it so that beginning programmers could be highly productive. The UBot Core is a whole different monster. It would be like asking a masseuse (even a talented, productive masseuse) to perform open-heart surgery.

Honest answer: We designed the plugin api to abstract away most of the complexity of the UBot Core. We purposefully designed it so that beginning programmers could be highly productive. The UBot Core is a whole different monster. It would be like asking a masseuse (even a talented, productive masseuse) to perform open-heart surgery.

Thanks for responding to my question seth. I totally understand that the core is a different story.

What i mean hire some of the plugin developers to keep adding functions and commands without messing with the main source core of ubot.

Please open up more api for the plugin developers so they add more functionality to it while we wait for the official ubot updates.