UBot Underground

V5 Ui Editor, any success?

I've been using the UI editor for a couple of hours.

Who the heck signed this off?  I want names.

i opened it, built a ui with 2 drop downs, text box, nothing else in the script.

Generated html, reopened again, and all gone.

this is the code i am currently using:

create a ui with the new ui editor

{

spend time creating the ui

test the ui

works perfect

load the ui back up

everything gone

}

LOOP feeling pissed WHILE ui editor has been for me a 4 hour downtime.

BTW - There is no way that UI feature has been tested more than 10 times before getting released. I only started using it, and already got to 5 trys, without it consistently working. There is certainly nothing complicated that i am trying to do.

Is there a "this makes the UI work" button that i forgot to click on or something?

Hehe lol. Sorry :-)

I tried it once a couple of versions ago... And never tried it again since then. 

My experience was so bad, that I thought they will probably not able to fix it until they release 5.2 :-)

I'm using LazyBotters UI Builder with great success. He's working on an update version, which will ship in a couple of weeks. You can't go wrong with that:

If you need it now, you can get the current version here:

http://www.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/14778-sell-super-simple-ui-builder-v40-drag-drop-with-bootstrap-plugin/

Dan

• Like 1

not bothered with the ubot version as a rarely use ubot5

I use both daryls and lazybotters. For quick stuff lazybotters for more complex daryls I couldn't pick between both of them if asked as there both really good.

I'm considering making a personal tool that scrapes websites buttons, tabs, tables etc css,java,html and makes them ready to use inside ubot. this is just on paper at the min and would be a personal learning project.

• Like 1

Thanks Dan, i already forgot that i had posted on that thread that would be my next purchase, and its now REALLY looking like that.

How many times does ubot try to re-invent the wheel with new features, that are buggy and don't work?

They bought up botgurus stuff, and made it ubot secured, why they not done that with this LB's stuff?

I already pay a monthly fee for updates that are mostly bad code fixes, is there any monthly fee i can pay for "quality infrastructure improvements" ?

Its like my monthly fee is going to someone who didn't do the job right, first time round. I want my money to be going to people like LB, and the other plugin developers here, but not in a way that it feels like they are offering alternative products.

Currently working on an update for my UI builder also which will include some major improvements. With the new update creating tabbed ui's is gonna be much much quicker and easier(tabs will also be draggable so you can align them either horizontally or vertically).

Will also have a variety of pre-made themes, so it won't be necessary to create a theme before building a new ui, (but will still have the option of creating a totally unique theme to create the look you want)

• Like 3

Currently working on an update for my UI builder also which will include some major improvements. With the new update creating tabbed ui's is gonna be much much quicker and easier(tabs will also be draggable so you can align them either horizontally or vertically).

Will also have a variety of pre-made themes, so it won't be necessary to create a theme before building a new ui, (but will still have the option of creating a totally unique theme to create the look you want)

not sure if possible but could you also add that items once placed are editable such as there values? and also that we can have tabs inside a tab area if that makes sense

not sure if possible but could you also add that items once placed are editable such as there values? and also that we can have tabs inside a tab area if that makes sense

I have thought about trying to make the items editable but I don't think it's something I can add unfortunately.

I think I should be able to make it so that you can have tabs inside of tabs though, not 100% sure but will look into that more once I've got this current update finished.

yeah, i seen the video and it looks ok, the problem happened inconsistently.

After i had spent time getting used to using the editor, i built a ui with about 10 drop downs, 5 text boxes, 1 image, 

and it was while i was working on that that i had the first issue, that everything disappeared from the UI HTML generated node.

I blamed the problem on myself, and thought maybe it was too complex, and tried another couple of times, with smaller menus, like you did, and when it happened again, that was it for me.

I would love to use that UI, but it is definitely unreliable.

Try making 10 ui's all different, with at least 10 things in them. Then edit those 10 ui's 10 times each (generating new html, and clicking ok variations), with a small change here and there.

If you get no issues doing that. Then its definitely my pc's fault.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

TRY THIS GUYS...

I HAVE NOT HAD A PROBLEM SINCE LOSING MY WORK OR GETTING UI EDITOR TO OPEN!!!

Because of all the issues with the UI not opening even sometimes not saving your work I do this now... and it works great....

A trick I have learn now because sometimes you can lose all your work using the UI Editor....

it acts up once and awhile I lost many hours of work myself till I figure this out....

Create a separate Bot just for your UI Editor for each bot your making.... then after you generate the ui html... edit it and place it in the main bot....

If you do all your editing in your main bot you may lose your work... some times it just goes away when you generate it or it will not load in the UI Editor ...

just create in a different bot two tabs

1st Tab would be your html for the ui editor and

2nd Tab all your Define commands from you main bot...

you do not have to put the code just have to put this

define run {

}

define god {

}

and so on, stacked up in one tab is ok

I have never had a problem since with the UI Editor...

Do all my work for ui panel in a different bot...

and just transfer the html code over to my main bot from the first tab.... ;-)

I have thought about trying to make the items editable but I don't think it's something I can add unfortunately.

I think I should be able to make it so that you can have tabs inside of tabs though, not 100% sure but will look into that more once I've got this current update finished.

Cool Darry would like to see your update when it is done