UBot Underground

Hi Abass,

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry, I don't Skype, 

You are reading the Hardware ID of the machine, then giving a licence based on that ID, surely then, it's easy enough for the hardware ID to be matched to the licence WITHIN the plugin rather than calling home to check?

I know you wouldn't want your key to be given but it could be encrypted couldn't it?

I can see the reason for the licencing on the plugin but I don't want my compiled bots to be reliant on an external server. That could cause MAJOR headaches for me from my customers if your server went down for some reason.

Is it usual to carry the licence conditions over into a bot created and compiled by the purchaser of a plugin?

I can see that you wouldn't want someone creating a bot using your plugin and then getting a refund on your plugin but you make it VERY clear that there are no refunds on this and I purchased it knowing this, however, no where do you mention that created bots would be reliant on a call home.

wouldn't it be better to NOT include the licence with a compiled bot, this way, in the event that someone decompiled the bot and got access to your plugins that were used in the bot, they would not have the licence to activate them for future use?

I am assuming that Ubot studio compiled bots do not call home once compiled.

Surely, it is for me to decide if my compiled bots are protected by a call home to MY server else they could stop working and I would have no control.

I may be wrong on this, I am new to this, but it's just the way I see things.

I will be happy to be put right on this by someone else if they think I am being unreasonable.

Personally, I would be happy to wait until after the chargeback period before I use the plugin, I don't have a use for it yet anyway. then perhaps you would consider sending a replacement that doesn't call home?

Clint

Ya, I agree with Clint. If your server went down even for a little while it would cause major upset with customers should the bot

be sold to a 3rd party.

I understand you're worried about Piracy but at the end of the day the customer is most important and you don't want to screw

that up.

Also, I think that anyone who has paid good money for Ubot Studio are unlikely to be going to pirate your plugin, I would like to think we are more responsible than that, especially Dev licence holders

Please reconsider.

Does TJ protect his plugins like this?. I don't know

Clint

As stated earlier i am already working on the solution to sort out these issues as requested by other buyers as well. It took me months to develop this plugin and integrate the license system and i wish if i can roll out an update overnight to satisfy you, unfortunately it will take few days so please be clam and wait for the updates, no worries :) 

• Like 1
  • Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Suggestion on the image2Video with sound command: - Ability to add multiple images - Assign duration for each images - Assign duration for the whole video - Loop the sound when it ended but there stil

Ultimate Ubot Plugin Version 1.0.7 Bug FixedCustom Html Window  Email ComponentImap Download Emails Support Pagination Imap Download Unread Emails Support Pagination Pop3 Download Emails Support Pag

Hey CJ,   Thanks for your reporting, am on it and fixing the spaces issue in folder names / labels. Please ping me ur email id and i will send u a beta version, once u will confirmed it is working for

Posted Images

I grabbed this almost right away as well I love anything to do with grids, tables and lists :) I briefly talked with Abbas on skype and he reassured me that a licensing fix is in the works. Regardless Im quite happy with these new goodies to play with and looking forward to some examples and documentation..

Yea I agree, I'm Still worry to send my client the license file in this plugin, because its  make no sense to send my customer another license system on the compiled bot.

Hope to have the update version soon.

Regards

Jakarta

Hi Abass,

Please accept my apologies, I have no wish to offend you. I was just trying to state my feelings.

As I said earlier, I have no immediate need for the plugin so I for one will not be pestering you for a quick fix.

I'm sure we all appreciate the time and effort you have put into this for us and, once again, I apologise and hope there are no hard feelings.

I created a licence system once, for a .net program, that read the hardware ID and instructed the user to send it to the seller, then, I, as the seller, ran it through another program which created the key using a simple linear algorithm which is then rerun within the program to see if it matched, then, if they match, unlock.

I am not on here to create enemies and I'm sure you will do us proud with the licencing solution.

Very best wishes,

Clint.

Hi Abass,

Please accept my apologies, I have no wish to offend you. I was just trying to state my feelings.

As I said earlier, I have no immediate need for the plugin so I for one will not be pestering you for a quick fix.

I'm sure we all appreciate the time and effort you have put into this for us and, once again, I apologise and hope there are no hard feelings.

I created a licence system once, for a .net program, that read the hardware ID and instructed the user to send it to the seller, then, I, as the seller, ran it through another program which created the key using a simple linear algorithm which is then rerun within the program to see if it matched, then, if they match, unlock.

I am not on here to create enemies and I'm sure you will do us proud with the licencing solution.

Very best wishes,

Clint.

Hey Client,

No need to apologize or heart feeling, you are always welcome to express your feelings and your feedback about the plugin or the license system. Before yours or anyone else request, i had already started working on changing the current license system and its only a matter of few days to roll out the updates and i hope it will satisfy all of you :)

I am Expecting to finalize the update by Monday or Tuesday, till than enjoy exploring the plugin and feel free to request any feature.

• Like 1

Hi Abbas

Its there Any latest news for the upcoming update..?

Regards

Jakarta

Hi,

Going to roll out updates in next few hours. Since License System has been completely changed, UltimateUbotPlugin Version 1.0.0.0 will not work. Please check ur emails in next few hours for updated version and license file and ur secret keys.

Thanks

• Like 1

Hi Abbas,

Please Dont shutdown the old license, give us one or two days before you delete it,

Hi, I was almost done  :( . Anyway, going to revert back the system and creating another url for new license system. 

New License System will be up in next 3-4 hours

I thought the point of updating the plugin was to NOT have a callback like before so we don't run in to issues

with our clients?

That's bad for business.

I thought the point of updating the plugin was to NOT have a callback like before so we don't run in to issues

with our clients?

That's bad for business.

Yeah, in new system u are not required to distribute the license file as well as there wont be a call back.  Please wait for few hours.  

Once you have finished with updating the server, will you please explain what has changed, what calls home etc?

Is there ANY way a dev user can have a copy that doesn't call home at all PLEASE?

It's just that we are already reliant on the UbotStudio licence server and I would prefer not to be reliant on another when creating my bots.

I hope you understand, I am not trying to rip you off, I bought your all in one plugin to be able to utilise the plugins when I create a bot and if your server goes down I would not be able to do so.

I know I am talking about a scenario that hasn't happened but, if at all possible, I would like to remove that risk.

I am guessing you are not as big a corporation as UbotStudio so the risk of you going down is much greater, sorry, that's just the way it is.

I have my own server and yet I will not host client sites for that reason, I will create bots but will not use a call home licence for them for the same reason.

I appreciate what you have done so far but is it not possible for you to consider adding a system that is independent, lock your plugin to my hardware if you want but please consider removing the need to call home.

If you won't then you won't and I will just have to accept and respect that and hope my fears are never realised, It's your business model after all.

I would just like to say many thanks for your efforts so far Abass, they are appreciated but if you really want to make me happy.......

:-)

Clint

Hi guys,

Since i am stuck big time with the graphical charts i wanted to ask if anyone could show me a sample code.

All my results come up blank... :(

Once you have finished with updating the server, will you please explain what has changed, what calls home etc?

Is there ANY way a dev user can have a copy that doesn't call home at all PLEASE?

It's just that we are already reliant on the UbotStudio licence server and I would prefer not to be reliant on another when creating my bots.

I hope you understand, I am not trying to rip you off, I bought your all in one plugin to be able to utilise the plugins when I create a bot and if your server goes down I would not be able to do so.

I know I am talking about a scenario that hasn't happened but, if at all possible, I would like to remove that risk.

I am guessing you are not as big a corporation as UbotStudio so the risk of you going down is much greater, sorry, that's just the way it is.

I have my own server and yet I will not host client sites for that reason, I will create bots but will not use a call home licence for them for the same reason.

I appreciate what you have done so far but is it not possible for you to consider adding a system that is independent, lock your plugin to my hardware if you want but please consider removing the need to call home.

If you won't then you won't and I will just have to accept and respect that and hope my fears are never realised, It's your business model after all.

I would just like to say many thanks for your efforts so far Abass, they are appreciated but if you really want to make me happy.......

:-)

Clint

Hey Clint,

Once i will roll out the updates, u will get an email from the official email address support@ultimateubotplugin.com.  License Server will call home during Design Time and unfortunately i have no plans to change it in near future (atleast for next few months), so please no more talk about the Licensing System i have already did my level best to fullfill all of ur requirements.  

If u are still not happy, u can send me a refund request. 

Thanks

Hi guys,

Since i am stuck big time with the graphical charts i wanted to ask if anyone could show me a sample code.

All my results come up blank... :(

Hey, 

Ping me on skype and i will give u a sample code 

Thanks

Update 1.0.1

New License System Implemented. No Need to distribute license file with ur exe and no home call on client side exe. 

Previous License System will shutdown in next 48 hours. You guys are requested to re compiled ur existing bots to avoid any unnecessary headache. Make sure to take backup of ur prev. dll and license file 

Sending out emails in next an hour.  

Hi Abass,

There is no question of me requesting a refund, I purchased on the understanding there were no refunds and I accept that, I am not someone who does that sort of thing.

I am sure the plugin is going to be invaluable to me and am very happy with the cost.

Thank you for all you have done and for making consideration to my request.

The fact that the compiled bots do not call home is a great advantage and relief.

Once again, many many thanks for a great product.

All the very best,

Clint.

Hi Clint,

Thanks for ur understanding, appreciation and support for the plugin. It will help me to concentrate more on the product rather than working on other areas. Upcoming task is to complete the documentation and sample codes and than there will be a series of regular updates  :D

Hi Abbas,

Is it possible to hardcode the license into the ubot code instead of having a separate file for it? Its a bit annoying when i forgot to include the license file when sending the bots to my client.

I understand that Abbas has released an update which no longer requires a licence to be sent with a bot