UBot Underground

Problem With A Backpage Poster

Hi

I build auto posting bots for Backpage and have never has any difficulties until now. What is happening is when it cycles through the posting process it clicks "submit" which takes it to the review ad/captcha page but now for some reason the captcha box doesn't show up, but when I do it manually it shows up like it is supposed to. Also when I hit the refresh button in ubot it shows up? I have done everything I know to do like lengthening the wait but something tells me that isn't it. To me it's almost like Backpage know I am using a bot? Any ideas on what is going on and if there is a work around? Like a "refresh page" command?

Thanks in advance, you guys always hook me up when I am in need of a solution to a problem.

Chris

Thanks everyone for the help but none of this worked although theoretically they should have. It is very weird when I by "hand" refresh the page the captcha box appears but when I command a refresh via ubot with navigate-$URL it goes to the page it would have previousely been on had I been posting manually. My bots have worked flawlessly for over a year and now they are dead in the water.

I will figure this out! I am determined but clueless as of now on how to fix this.

Thanks again for the help and insight. This forum rules!

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the exact same problem, and similar issues with other sites too.. When I manually click things will work normally, but automation through ubot appears to work but really isnt. Very odd, wish I knew a way to get around this!

• 3 months later...

I just gave it a very quick try:

set user agent("Internet Explorer 6")
clear cookies
navigate("http://posting.bath.backpage.com/online/classifieds/PostAdPPI.html/bth/posting.bath.backpage.com/?superRegion=Bath&u=bth&serverName=bath.backpage.com&section=4378&category=5431""Wait")
wait for element(<innertext="Step 1: Write Ad  required fields are highlighted ">"""Appear")
type text(<name="title">"asdasdasd""Standard")
type text(<name="ad">"sdfsdfsdfdsf""Standard")
type text($element offset(<email field>, 0), "hanuashd@gmail.com""Standard")
type text($element offset(<email field>, 1), "hanuashd@gmail.com""Standard")
click(<id="submit_button">"Left Click""No")

The captcha is loading fine for me.

Proxies could be a problem! The captcha image is loading from a different site. And they might block the proxy IP. 

But besides that, I have no additional idea without seeing the code of the site. 

Dan