UBot Underground

Threaded Sockets Example for YouTube Scraping

I was just testing out the new socket commands and thought I would share my script since there isn't any other examples posted on the forum.

Tip: With sockets you can raise the thread count higher than you could when using the browser.

youtube scrape.ubot

• Like 10

Does this work in version 5? I can't get it to work in version 5 latest.

yes it works in version 5. Do you have the HTTP plugin by Aymen installed? If so, try to disable the plugin, as I believe there might be some compatibility issues.

Same here...doesn't work in UBot v5, however it works in v4 (since "sockets" were implemented as plugin), so I'm just going to use it there. :)

Also, because of that I doubt the problem with v5 is related to plugins (I also had all plugins enbaled in v4).

getting this right now. Hope it will work in 5, at worst, 4

Thanks MATE

Sad that we can't REP, just like (which i did)

Oh yeah, if you ever feel bored, create more socket samples and/or vidz hahahaha

UB4 have no support for sockets, native support. There are some plugins out there to add support ...

UBot 5 came with sockets plugin, which can be used in UBot v4...

EDIT: It looks like that was disabled, the library which is used by sockets can't be loaded anymore. I guess they don't want that available in v4.

UBot 5 came with sockets plugin, which can be used in UBot v4...

EDIT: It looks like that was disabled, the library which is used by sockets can't be loaded anymore. I guess they don't want that available in v4.

Nothing was disabled. Not sure what you're referring to.

Nothing was disabled. Not sure what you're referring to.

The code that Gogetta shared worked in UBot v4 when I tried it 2 days ago (as you can see here: http://screencast.com/t/iYuA3NF5G ), but when I tested it today it didn't work anymore (plugin is still there but an assembly was missing in v4 which threw an exception).

If you can narrow down the part of the code that doesn't work in the latest version of UBot Studio 5, please do so, and feel free to enter it into our tracker at tracker.ubotstudio.com as a bug report. 

Thanks!

If you can narrow down the part of the code that doesn't work in the latest version of UBot Studio 5, please do so, and feel free to enter it into our tracker at tracker.ubotstudio.com as a bug report. 

Thanks!

I was talking about v4 not v5. Also by looking at the screenshot you can notice (by the v4 blue color) that results of running Goggetas script are displayed inside v4.

• 1 month later...

then this feature is useless :) you can't do anything serious on Google or any big site without proxy support ... just a toy for kids who think that web automation is scraping some pages :)

but we can use proxies with sockets using aymen http plugin ? right?