UBot Underground

Upgraded to Developer today - No joy.

I got a promotional email today that promoted Developer Edition & 5.0. I went ahead and took advantage of the upgrade special from Pro to Developer today. After paying and being taken to the "Upgrade Successful" page, I went fishing for an update both in my account and via U-Bot but nothing was available. After reading one of the recent posts here, it appears that 5.0 has not yet been released. So, what exactly is going on here? Did I just prepay for the 5.0 Developer License? Seems to me that if that is the case, it should be spelled out a little more clearly on both the promotional email and the promotional upgrade page.

Ubot Ver5 will be coming out in Oct mate.

Oct 1 if all goes to plan I believe.

Grats on making the move to the Dev version. As I understand it so long as you are subscribed to updates, when Ver 5 of Ubot rolls out you'll get that version without having to pay anything extra. 

Debating about getting the upgrade myself. Haven't spent as much time learning the standard features or being certain I will stick with ubot to pay $300 for DEV yet, went to the coupon link but couldn't pull the trigger. Wish i knew when the coupon will expire.

Ya I got the coupon to its really awesome. Ya we are all a little antsy around here for Ubot 5... October 1st... No worries There was an update coupon as well...

me too...... good investment for me

Just stepped up to the dev level

Custom Ui windows

Recorder function ( cut down on some of the harder to code sites)

No more location bar

No more run button

And I don't know what else is comeing

This is going to be epic

It should have upaded your current license and you will have the same license type when v5 is released.

Actually it didn't. I opened a support ticket before posting here and the reply I got first was to uninstall and re-install Ubot. But after 3 unsuccessful attempts and being locked out of ubot with  a message saying I was not eligible to use "this version", I replied to the ticket with the details of what was going on and their response was: "You will need to sign up for the updates subscription (plus support)" Apparently, in order to get the Developer license activated, I have to also purchase an update subscription. And I will not be eligible for v. 5 unless I subscribe to updates. This has really affected my views on Ubot and their business practices. I definitely feel as if I was drawn in via bait and switch. I can do this for $5, which isn't much at all, but, really this is a twofold concern, the first being that Ubot did not take the time to make this known in the promotional email or anywhere on their site (I spent about 1 hour skimming through all pages of the site before buying), the second is common practice is an upgrade in license typically comes with the latest version and back when I first bought Ubot, upgrading came with either 6 month or 1 year of additional updates (I can't remember which it was). This has left a pretty bad taste in my mouth and my confidence as a consumer has definitely shifted through this. (My concerns were addressed).

Edited by Battleweb

Actually it didn't. I opened a support ticket before posting here and the reply I got first was to uninstall and re-install Ubot. But after 3 unsuccessful attempts and being locked out of ubot with  a message saying I was not eligible to use "this version", I replied to the ticket with the details of what was going on and their response was: "You will need to sign up for the updates subscription (plus support)" Apparently, in order to get the Developer license activated, I have to also purchase an update subscription. And I will not be eligible for v. 5 unless I subscribe to updates. This has really affected my views on Ubot and their business practices. I definitely feel as if I was drawn in via bait and switch. I can do this for $5, which isn't much at all, but, really this is a twofold concern, the first being that Ubot did not take the time to make this known in the promotional email or anywhere on their site (I spent about 1 hour skimming through all pages of the site before buying), the second is common practice is an upgrade in license typically comes with the latest version and back when I first bought Ubot, upgrading came with either 6 month or 1 year of additional updates (I can't remember which it was). This has left a pretty bad taste in my mouth and my confidence as a consumer has definitely shifted through this.

Oops. Seems to be some confusion here. Let me try to clear it up a bit. 

You do not need to sign up for updates to use the Developer edition. The reason why your version did not upgrade automatically is because your version is quite old, and needed to be upgraded manually. If you restart UBot Studio, you will notice that you are now upgraded to the Developer Edition.

You can choose to either use the version we sent you without subscribing to updates, or you can subscribe to use the latest version.

It is entirely up to you.

Sorry about the confusion, and we will be sending you more information in the ticket you opened to help clarify everything

Thank you for addressing this Lilly and John, especially in the very detailed response to my ticket. That and the consideration to my situation definitely restored my confidence in Ubot and their support.

Oops. Seems to be some confusion here. Let me try to clear it up a bit. 

You do not need to sign up for updates to use the Developer edition. The reason why your version did not upgrade automatically is because your version is quite old, and needed to be upgraded manually. If you restart UBot Studio, you will notice that you are now upgraded to the Developer Edition.

You can choose to either use the version we sent you without subscribing to updates, or you can subscribe to use the latest version.

It is entirely up to you.

Sorry about the confusion, and we will be sending you more information in the ticket you opened to help clarify everything

Lilly,

So if I understand this correctly:

If I upgrade from Pro to Developer the UBot Software versions remains the same and it is NOT UNTIL I purchase a subscription will the version be updated to 5.0?

Please advise.

Regards

Lilly,

So if I understand this correctly:

If I upgrade from Pro to Developer the UBot Software versions remains the same and it is NOT UNTIL I purchase a subscription will the version be updated to 5.0?

Please advise.

Regards

UBot 5 is not yet released. 

Upgrading does not come with an update to UBot 5.

Please open a ticket at our support center if you have any more questions about upgrades, updates or your account.

We'll be happy to clarify any confusion there

Wow, if you can get in on a discount to dev version, don't think about it, DO IT!!! I've made many bots and lots of bucks with ubot because of the dev version.

Unless you have no interest in selling bots, you should have the dev version.

Frank