UBot Underground

Cant open compiled bots - file association lost

Hi,

Today Im unable to open compiled bots, these include bots I have made, or those I have downloaded from the forum, all of witch worked fine before today. I notice the file association doesn’t seem to be working (see image) as well as the icon used to launch bots created with ubot has changed. Ubot studio itself is working fine, as well as bots ran within it. I can launch all other applications on my computer so I think this is only a ubot or .net issue. I do remember having an auto update from Microsoft for my XP OS yesterday, however I can’t say that is the reason, although it seems very possible.

I have tried the following to fix this.

1. Uninstalled/Reinstalled ubot
  2. Restarted comp multiple times
  3. Ran a .net framework repair tool from Microsoft. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=30135

Im trying to hold off on system restore until I hear back from ubot support in case this is a known issue because I want to make sure I can update my operating system. I thought maybe if I can simply find what file is suppose to be associated with ubot programs shown in screenshot it might start working again but I have no clue what should open the bots.

http://s21.postimg.org/pr4gx8qlz/ubot_cant_open_compiled_bots.png
image upload

The file you are trying to run doesn't seem to be an exe file...it looks like that for some reason your file name was changed.

Have you tried to append .exe to the file? Also, make sure you make a backup before doing that.

Thanks for pointing that out. I did change the file to build1.0.exe and that allowed the bot to open.

This means I have to add the .exe to all bots created, and ones already on my computer, witch isn't

a big deal, but would like ubot to do this as it did before. for now looks like adding this when saving

the compiled bot is the solution.

http://s22.postimg.org/4ezq81kxt/save_compiled_bot.png
photo storage

Maybe the problem is that extra dot that you use for version...maybe it will work out of the box if you replace it with another caharacter

Not sure why you have problems with that, since it always worked for me.

It also happened to every bot I have on my PC, not just ones I created but those other people created and those don't have any dots in them. My strongest suspicion is the windows xp auto update done yesterday, but it is strange that it only effects ubot apps that i can tell right now.

Update On This Issue:

Windows xp had new updates today, (rare to have them only 2 days apart) and after installing

them I can now compile bots just like i use to, and all the bots with missing .exe extensions now have them and

open normally.