UBot Underground

Ubot Studio 5 Release Date

Does anyone know the Official uBot Studio 5 release date? Can a Mod or Admin

chime in here to let us know when we can expect to get our hands on this new

edition?

yeah, its out when its out.  

Everyone can plan for release dates and if all goes well we hit our target, but if we hit probs then its delayed.  

I personally don't set release dates until the software is finished and tested, just saves a lot of egg on the face as they say.

http://content.screencast.com/users/lowridertj/folders/Snagit/media/5310daba-9d83-4ceb-b1b2-16c4b128b7ad/08.29.2013-15.png

Keep in mind as with anything new, or an update there can be set backs.

He mentions it would be ready, but wouldn't be released till end of September to ensure im sure that things are in working order, or beta testing.

• Like 1

Ubot5 should just do as MS do, release the beta product and let the community debug it for them, smart idea when you think about!!

I could never understand why ubot doesn't have a dropdown send error log function.
I also include a ui window 'send errors' in all my bots and have found it to be beneficial to my program and customers

• Like 1

Maybe some of you guys were not around for the 4.0 release.

That was a tough 3-4 months, it was so buggy I would describe it as an infestation. I lost at least 100 hours of work to it.

I'd rather wait until January than have a repeat of that.  Of course every release will have some issues, but I'm really hoping they don't push 5 out too early.

Ubot5 should just do as MS do, release the beta product and let the community debug it for them, smart idea when you think about!!

I could never understand why ubot doesn't have a dropdown send error log function.

I also include a ui window 'send errors' in all my bots and have found it to be beneficial to my program and customers

totally second this!

I think they are already doing that and we are all beta testers....I can remember how buggy UBot v4 was when it came out (I kept using v3 for a few months after v4 release).

However, I really hope v5 will be more stable, can't wait to get hands on it. :)

• 4 weeks later...

You know what ? I hope i won't have to redo lots of the bots because of some glitches when importing them into UB5.

To tell you the truth, i don't really create new stuff these days because of this (like many of you i guess)

Bahhh, i could always continue to debug old bots using UB4 ?

I mean i got the software. It won't "die" when UB5 comes out right ?

By the way, are you guys still using UB 3.5 (didn't get this one when it came out) ?

You know what ? I hope i won't have to redo lots of the bots because of some glitches when importing them into UB5.

To tell you the truth, i don't really create new stuff these days because of this (like many of you i guess)

By the way, are you guys still using UB 3.5 (didn't get this one when it came out) ?

Even i was not working on a planned bot, but somebody responded to my thread that ubot 4 code will be fully compatible with ubot 5, so i started working on the bot, i hope it's true, have already put a lot of efforts, don't want to do it from scratch again once ubot 5 is released

Here is supports answer to my question.

Question: Will i be able to use ubot 4 when ubot 5 comes out and can i have them both installed on the same computer?

Answer:

You will only get UBot 5 if you are subscribed to updates or your free period of updates are in effect. UBot 5 is an update. Upgrades will not allow you to use UBot 5 for free. You will be able to keep UBot 4 on the same computer and use them simultaneously. The two computers one user rule for licenses still apply, so please avoid sharing your license with either version.

Seems like you can keep 4.0 and 5.0 on your computer and use them both as long as your paying the monthly fee to get ubot 5.0.

So I'm confused by their reply now.

By the looks of it if we bought our license under a specific version 3 or 4 then those are the ones we can keep for free. It sounds like when 5 gets released we can only keep and use 5 so long as we're subscribed for updates otherwise we revert back to 3 or 4 respectively.

Can someone from the Admin Team clarify this please?