UBot Underground

ubot gmail POP access issue

I have several gmail accounts. I want to create a bot that goes into each email, check for new emails, and send replies.

How it works:

After ubot connects to that email via POP3, it creates a table out of those emails to collect data such as sender's email, time, subject, body, etc. Then it uses that data to send replies.

Deleting emails accessed with POP:

In gmail settings, I set it up so that when messages are accessed with POP, it deletes gmail's copy. That way, tomorrow, when I run ubot again, it doesn't check and reply to the same emails from the day before.

Problem:

The problem is, when ubot access the email with POP, it doesn't delete gmail's copy. I'm not sure why. When I tried to access that same email using Outlook with POP settings, it does does delete gmail's copy.

How do I get gmail to know that ubot has accessed those emails with POP so that gmail can delete those emails?

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I'm also having problem with deleting (or reading my email just once) emails when using POP protocol in UBOT4. I could delete emails when connecting to my gmail with IMAP protocol but with POP protocol it doesn't work (delete mail command). In Ubot5, when I access my gmail (read for example body text) it downloads my email just once, but in UBOT4 it doesn't, it reads the same email over again. Is there a way to use UBOT4 with POP3 protocol and still read every email just once?

Thanks a lot!

• 1 year later...