UBot Underground

Hello everyone, I have a noticed that some bots don't function correctly on windows 8, I have had many clients that are having problems with the bot not functioning correctly and they are all on windows 8, I have seen it happen with my own eyes, some times the open file button dose not do anything and some parts of the bot that work perfect on windows 7 just don't function on windows 8. Have any of you noticed this problem yet? If this has already been adress please point me in the corect direction.

I am having the similar problem with Windows 8. 

When I try to run compiled bots running Windows 8 home edition each time I get the following error when trying to run the bot:

It just hangs up and says, "downloading the necessary support files"

I have the latest version of .net running on the machine and log in as an administrator.

Any suggestions?  This will be a real hassle if Win 8 users can't run bots without having these issues.

Thanks, John

I had the same issue and I'm sure you've already know this but did you download the correct wire frame? I had to do so to keep my bots from crashing. 

Hey JackCrow, what type of wire frame are you talking about? The type for creating and manipulating "WireFramed" applications, ie navigable application skeletons that describe and define the functional requirements for a proposed system?

If so, not sure how that would help. If not, what type were u referring too?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Alright guys I found out what the problem is, I had to purchase Windows 8 a to figure out what was going on, so here it is, in windows 8 they have something called a SmartScreen filter to protect the system from malware, when the user is prompted to run the program or not the user must be clicking the wrong button blocking the bot from running correctly here is how I got the Windows 8 and the UBot problem to stop http://www.howtogeek.com/75356/how-to-turn-off-or-disable-the-smartscreen-filter-in-windows-8/ you will have to direct the user to disable the new SmartScreen filter or do it for them.