UBot Underground

Downloading documents through links

Guest superman87!

Guest superman87!

Hello,

I have been a ubot studio customer for the past 10 hours and am loving it so far. The functionality is much better than visual webripper with much better refrences and tutorials. Unfortunatly none of the tutorials were able to solve my problem download documents with ubot.

I am trying to download files from a series of pages. Each page has one link to a file on it.

The starting page is http://booksc.org/book/1  with each additional page ending in"book/2 book/3 etc.."

The download link uses the same tag on every page so that is not a problem.

The problem I am running into is getting the files to save to the computer. I have tried many different ways and followed many different methods, including several $special folders, with no success. I have gone through every refrence, forum and youtube video i could find related to ubot and downloads

If anyone can provide some help, guidance or suggestions on how to write a script to download these files I would be eternally greatful.

With Sincere Appreciation,

S

Guest superman87!

One member sent me a PM stating that the "download file" does not work in ubot and it will continually give an error. However if saved manually using set dialog text and click dialog text it is possible.

I have looked into the set dialog text and click dialog and it does seem to be a good work around. After many tutorials and refrences I am still not able to get the files to download to the computer.

Without a doubt I can create the rest of the program, I just need to see a working example of how can be downloaded.

Is anyone willing to create a quick script which can download a file to the desktop?

With Great Appreciation,

S

Edited by superman87!

This should work for you:

click(<innertext="Download ">, "Left Click", "No")
wait(60)
plugin command("WindowsCommands.dll", "click dialog button", "Save As", "Save")

Change the wait based on your internet connection.

Justin

Guest superman87!

Thank you for the response Justin. I have tried to implement it as planned but with no success.

Here is a screen capture of what the bot looks like http://tinypic.com/r/2ni8ej8/6  (Wasn't sure how to include an image in this message).

When I step through the code the "Save As" dialog box appears. When it appears though I must do a manual step by clicking the "Ok" button.

When I attempt to run the code in ubot or compiled it appears to skip the download file step.  I see no popup and do not see te file located anywhere on the pc(did a wildcard search for the file type across the whole pc).

Any additional suggestions?

Thank you again for your help so far.

S