UBot Underground

[SELL] UbotLocker Web: Web Based Licensing Solution That Prevents Decompiling And Cracking

Someone sent me $79 for UbotLocker last night, but didn't PM me on the forums. When I replied to their paypal email, I got no response either.

If you've bought UbotLocker recently and haven't received the program, please contact me via email or PM.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

UPDATE: Hello all, After many years I am stepping down from maintaining Ubotlocker. I will no longer be selling Ubotlocker, and will stop providing support. After consulting with both T

Meter I wanted to pass on a very big thank you for the licensing system! I can honestly say that your software has made me very profitable. I've written and distributed bots before but I was always fi

Attached is source code to License.dll, which handles entering of licenses and updates. You need Visual C# Express 2010 to edit and compile it, and ILMerge to merge the exe and DLL produced by compila

Posted Images

So I bought this even though I had the "other" licensing system. This one was a third of the price and very easy to set up. The reason I bought this one even though I had the other one was simple. Encryption. The other doesn't offer encryption for the bot. Much props Meter.

I do have a couple of suggestions...

1. trial period. This would be good to have

2. monthly paid updates. For example if I wanted to charge for a bot and have the user pay for monthly updates. I would still want them to be able to use the bot if they stop paying the updates. I just don't want them to be able to download the updates. Any way something like this is in the pipeline?

Hey Josh

For #1 numerous people have requested it, but I'm afraid I won't be implementing trials anytime soon. I simply view them as too much of a security risk.

For #2, that's a rather specialized use case and I didn't have it in mind when designing UbotLocker. I will have to think about it before I implement it :)

-meter

Hey Josh

For #1 numerous people have requested it, but I'm afraid I won't be implementing trials anytime soon. I simply view them as too much of a security risk.

For #2, that's a rather specialized use case and I didn't have it in mind when designing UbotLocker. I will have to think about it before I implement it :)

-meter

ok well I don't want a security risk.

#2 I didn't think that was so special since that is basically how ubot works. Although I wouldn't ever charge for bug fixes, but I think having 2 pricing options for some bots is better for both sales and longterm deployment of a bot. you can charge less up front with a monthly update fee in case a website changes or you want to add improvements. As a business person I don't like to go with the one time fee model whenever possible. I like to give the option of one time fee at higher cost, but I have found many people go with the less expensive option and a small monthly cost when there is that option. Having an optional recurring monthly fee just makes more money in the long run.

Trial periods invite hackers that will never get added and should never get added

They also invite paying customers. I have done most of my business by converting trial customers into paying customers.

They also invite paying customers. I have done most of my business by converting trial customers into paying customers.

I can't see that having a trial period coded into the license system is of any real advantage, and if it compromises the security then it is definitely NOT an advantage.

If you want to give people a trial all you need to do is manually add a license and send the details to them and tell them it will expire in x amount of days. It might be a bit more work, but its got to be better than compromising the security of the license system.

Thats what I think anyway.

• Like 1

ok well I don't want a security risk.

#2 I didn't think that was so special since that is basically how ubot works. Although I wouldn't ever charge for bug fixes, but I think having 2 pricing options for some bots is better for both sales and longterm deployment of a bot. you can charge less up front with a monthly update fee in case a website changes or you want to add improvements. As a business person I don't like to go with the one time fee model whenever possible. I like to give the option of one time fee at higher cost, but I have found many people go with the less expensive option and a small monthly cost when there is that option. Having an optional recurring monthly fee just makes more money in the long run.

Hey Josh,

I understand perfectly the business logic behind paid updates. The problem actually lies in the technical part of UbotLocker. Autoupdates were never intended to be a part of UbotLocker, and were added as a quick hack. Now you're asking me to expand that hack by hooking it into the paypal logs/subscription system. So I would need to keep track of each user, and what license they are allowed to have, and update and remove their license versions accordingly depending on whether or not their subscription expired, or whether or not they have paid for a certain item. That's not easy, and I have to give it some thought, because I will be building a hack on top of a hack :)

-meter

Hey Josh,

I understand perfectly the business logic behind paid updates. The problem actually lies in the technical part of UbotLocker. Autoupdates were never intended to be a part of UbotLocker, and were added as a quick hack. Now you're asking me to expand that hack by hooking it into the paypal logs/subscription system. So I would need to keep track of each user, and what license they are allowed to have, and update and remove their license versions accordingly depending on whether or not their subscription expired, or whether or not they have paid for a certain item. That's not easy, and I have to give it some thought, because I will be building a hack on top of a hack :)

-meter

What if you didn't have to worry about the paypal connection at all what if it was just a feature within the ubotlocker admin. I could build a bot that would check my email for subscription cancellations, and then login to ubotlocker admin to make the change to that file. I'm just saying that I'm not so worried about integrating that part with paypal as much as just having the feature. Thoughts?

Again, it's not that simple. I'd have to recode the entire licensing system to keep track of what user is allowed which version of which bot. Then I would have to expose a UI for you to edit that. Then I would have to recode the licensing and updater systems on the client-side to communicate with the server in a new way that decides which version the user is running, should he update, is he allowed to update? and if he doesn't update, is he running a version that he is allowed to run? It's just a lot of changes.

-meter

Any chance you might add a change log to the update process so we can notify our users what has been changed in the latest update? So after the users update downloads and the bot starts it shows either a txt file or something showing the info of the latest update? 

Again, it's not that simple. I'd have to recode the entire licensing system to keep track of what user is allowed which version of which bot. Then I would have to expose a UI for you to edit that. Then I would have to recode the licensing and updater systems on the client-side to communicate with the server in a new way that decides which version the user is running, should he update, is he allowed to update? and if he doesn't update, is he running a version that he is allowed to run? It's just a lot of changes.

-meter

Ok I just thought of a work around. Meter, let me know if this will work with the system?

Create 3 separate projects for the same bot.

1. Lifetime updates

2. Monthly updates

3. No Updates

When a user cancels monthly updates I simply add a license to the no update project and remove from the update project

Ok I just thought of a work around. Meter, let me know if this will work with the system?

Create 3 separate projects for the same bot.

1. Lifetime updates

2. Monthly updates

3. No Updates

When a user cancels monthly updates I simply add a license to the no update project and remove from the update project

Hey Josh, that should work perfectly :) Sorry that it involves manual work! If you use UbotLocker to manage your subscriptions, then it will automatically cancel the license for "Monthly Updates" as soon as someone lets their subscription expire (via cancellation or non-payment).

-meter

So can the protection features be used without the license system? I could really use the protection system now but moving over my entire license system from the current system may take a while and lots of new coding. 

Hey Beernut,

Yes you can use it without the licensing features, but it is not recommended. PM me after purchase to get instructions on how to set up your system to work with mine.

-meter