UBot Underground

Possible Fix for the UI Panel Freezing

Okay, so I figured out a workaround for this ui panel freezing issue.  This works even with multithreaded bots.  This is working for me because I had the "Hide Browser" option checked when I compiled my bot and all my threads have the browser set to invisible, which is why the ui panel stat monitor is so important to me and I decided I was going to figure out a way today to get this working.  I'm sure if you're creative and you need to display the main browser for whatever reason (maybe you don't have dev license), then you can figure out a way to do this within the actual ui panel itself so the browser doesn't have to display one page.  You could probably do something with this using iframes, but it would be a bit more difficult and I'm not really sure what the exact solution would be.

But, if you don't need to display a browser, then instead of putting the stat monitors in the ui panel, I put them in the browser and when I compile I set the splash page to open when launching the bot to the page where my stat monitors are.  Let's call it mywebsite.com/statmonitor.html.  Now, instead of using the <div> tags that we use in the ui html panel, I used this (this is uploaded to mywebsite.com/statmonitor.html):

<input type="text" id="stat" style="border: thick #00FFFF; text-align: left" />

I also have a textarea to show multiple lines of stats:

<textarea id="StatTextArea" fillwith="value" rows="10" style="width: 347px"></textarea>

Okay, and then I just save the stats or whatever I want to display to a global #variable and then I use a loop in it's own thread like this:

loop while($exists(<id="header">)) {
    change attribute(<id="stat">, "value", #stat)
    change attribute(<id="StatTextArea">, "value", #stat list)
    wait(.3)
}

In this example #stat is just a global variable that is incremented as each thread completes.  #stat list is another global variable that displays a list (which is also updated within this same loop).

Finally, in your ui html panel or just ui panel you just create that the same way.  Put in your buttons or whatever, just take away the areas where you want to keep track of your stats because those are now located in your browser.  When you compile you just take away all the navigation and it looks exactly the same as it would when it's all in the ui panel (unless your stat monitoring doesn't just happen at the bottom of your screen - in that case you should be able to put everything on mywebsite.com/statmonitor.html and just make sure to add any jQuery or css you need at the bottom of that page - I haven't tested this, but it should still work).

Have fun, I hope this helps at least some people with their bots.  Everyone is different, though.  We still need this issue to be fixed, but rather than bitching about it I figured I would try to get it working.  I have been running my bot for an hour now and the stat monitor is still updating with this method when before it ALWAYS froze within 30 minutes.

Hi Buddy,

Great idea, thanks for the awesome share.

It would be even better if you can attach a sample code file, which would make the life much easier to understand whats going on.

Thanks

Yeah, I posted this at 2:30 am when I was about to go to bed and planned on posting the code here this morning.  However, IT STILL FROZE!!!!   It froze a little after 3am.  So basically it took longer to freeze, but still happened even though the stat monitor is no longer in the ui panel.  Eddie, if you're around, do you know what is causing this?  I'm not sure if you can use this test to troubleshoot, but it seems like maybe it's either the Browser.exe in general or something with the variable that stop posting after some time.  Do you know why this error happens?

So what I posted in the OP definitely helps, but doesn't resolve it.  Before, when the stats were happening in the UI panel my stat monitor would freeze every time after 30-45 minutes.  Now that it's in the browser it consistently freezes after four hours, almost exactly.  PPPPLLLLEEEAAASSSEEEEE fix this.

• 4 weeks later...

Nope, there is no workaround.  I sent in a support ticket over a week ago (it may have been 2 weeks now) with my ubot and .exe files where this is happening.  Support is acting like it's the first they have heard of this and it's only happening to me, so it's not a priority for them.  I was told that Eddie won't look at something for an hour and a half to see something freeze (why the f'*& not?!) and that the script has to be less than 20 lines for him to look at.  I'm sorry, but it doesn't happen on smaller bots.  Eddie mentioned in another thread he hasn't been able to replicate this problem.  That's why I sent the ticket, but nothing is happening.   I don't think they even forwarded it to eddie.

Honestly, this is the most expensive software I have ever bought and the worst customer service I have ever received, EVER!!!

The only way this will get fixed if everyone sends in support tickets telling them they have this problem.

Yes, it seems strange to me as I have looked through the forum and many people are having the exact same issue, I have tried running the compiled version on all of my flatmates computers and they all freeze up, not to mention my laptop has 16gb ram & i7 processor.

Yeah, it is amazing that none of the dev team have been able to replicate this issue. Even if it was a Ram issue (which I do not believe it is) then it is still a UBot problem as the UI's that I am seeing freezing on must be using less ram than Pac Man.

I have also sent in a ubot file with it happening and got the reply that it works fine!

LOL..  yeah, apparently we are just all making shit up.  It's not a ram issue.  People with 32gb have problems.  I'm only working with 8gb, but even that should be more than enough.

I don't think anyone in ubot dev actually uses ubot to build bots or anything.  Because if they did, they would also see these same issues.  If he really can't reproduce it on his computer, then why not use either your computer or mine with teamviewer to replicate it that way?  It's like they think we're lying to them or something.

So what I posted in the OP definitely helps, but doesn't resolve it.  Before, when the stats were happening in the UI panel my stat monitor would freeze every time after 30-45 minutes.  Now that it's in the browser it consistently freezes after four hours, almost exactly.  PPPPLLLLEEEAAASSSEEEEE fix this.

Set a timer in ubot to run for 3 hours, then have it auto-run a new instance of the bot from a batch file. Then close down the running bot.

Set a timer in ubot to run for 3 hours, then have it auto-run a new instance of the bot from a batch file. Then close down the running bot.

Sorry, but that's a really shitty work around, plus the stats will start over, so my customers will be confused why they had done something 1400 times and now it shows 0.

This still isn't fixed and support refuses to send my bots on to Eddie.  The last message I got from support after I asked why he hasn't even sent my bots on to eddie yet when I asked him to do this two weeks ago:

"All I am asking is that you isolate the problem so we can replicate it."

My response:

"I don't know what that means. There is no way to isolate it.  I already gave you a ton of information.  One more time, here are the details:

It is the stat monitor that freezes (both with custom html and with the standard stat moniter for the ui panel).  On this specific bot it takes between 60-90 minutes to freeze.  On bigger bots it can happen in only 10-30 minutes.  If you display the stat monitor inside the main browser, rather than the UI panel, it takes much longer to freeze.  The same bot that froze in 13 minutes on me, takes around 4 hours if it's displayed in the main browser.  Some people on your forum have said that if they have the stat monitor in Tab A and it freezes, if they click on Tab B and then click back on Tab A sometimes it will refresh and not be frozen any more.

I have already supplied you with more than enough information for you guys to troubleshoot this issue.  It's not my job to tell you what's wrong, that's your job.  What does ubot support do if they don't provide support???  The whole reason I sent you a ticket in the first place is because I don't know what's wrong with it.  I cannot isolate it any further.  Besides, Eddie already asked me to send in a ticket with my attached files.  It's going on over two weeks now.  All I'm asking is that you kindly forward the files for him to take a look at.  

He has me on skype and I'm on all the time, but I appear invisible.  I'm more than happy to talk with him there while he's looking at this.  I can share my screen with him or whatever will help him.  I'm doing my best to help you guys so you can fix this problem.  My skype name is ..."

I will try to remember to bump this thread every day until this issue is fixed.

It is strange though, I ran a test loop running 10,000 times that would update the variable number using ui_html, it works perfectly fine, but when running inside my ubot with much more complex code in between it causes it to freeze. 

Some guys on the elite skype group found a fix for this.  I saved the conversation in a txt file because i was sleeping when it happened.  I haven't had time yet to go through it.  I will test it myself and post here when I have time.  I believe it involves compiling on 4.2.9 or 4.1.13 and getting rid of all your loop while commands and replacing them with loop and setting the number of times for it to loop.  You also need to add a wait() either after every time it does something or after every loop (I forget).

Like I said, I haven't had time to go through it yet, but this is top of my to do list for this week.

Basically, they managed to reproduce the problem with only 7 lines of code.  Support wasn't going to look at anything with a lot of code, so they sent this into support with a ticket.  It seems like it is actually an issue with how the newer versions of ubot are programmed so now that the problem has been isolated hopefully eddie can fix it in an update soon.

OK somewhat reluctantly posting this, as it is not a good hackf to fix this issue in my case due but might work for some of you.

Tested using javascript and it did not work, however meta refresh will update the stat monitors. <meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="300">

With the help of a few patient UBotters, Ed was able to isolate the reproduce the issue. It was a timing issue related to loading javascript and updating the UI at the same time.

There will be an update sent out for this issue by the end of this week. 

If you opened a ticket on the issue, please check your email for an update.

• 1 year later...

OK somewhat reluctantly posting this, as it is not a good hackf to fix this issue in my case due but might work for some of you.

Tested using javascript and it did not work, however meta refresh will update the stat monitors. <meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="300">

Hi MrGeezer :)

extremely sorry for bringing a VERY old thread up, but i got a little tired of seeing the same results for a question im trying to get answered lol

I have had this UI freezing issue with every bot i have made so far,

they will run normal for about an hour to say 4 hours, but will eventually freeze,

and in case anyone is wondering on my pc spec, ..

i7

32GB Ram

4TB harddrive/s

NVidia 560t

anywho, ..

Ive just found this and would like to ask where i would place this to see if it will resolve the ui freezing :

"meta refresh will update the stat monitors. <meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="300">"

Thanks in advance

cүвεя_נυηкιε

EDIT : Ignore me, It seems im having more "blond" days than normal lately, .. its only a meta tag lmao

• 5 months later...

With the help of a few patient UBotters, Ed was able to isolate the reproduce the issue. It was a timing issue related to loading javascript and updating the UI at the same time.

There will be an update sent out for this issue by the end of this week. 

If you opened a ticket on the issue, please check your email for an update.

Hi, 

Is there any progress with fixing this Ubot bug? The UI html Panel still freezing, And no one have an a solution for this.

The <meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="300"> solution just annoying my customers..

Hi, 

Is there any progress with fixing this Ubot bug? The UI html Panel still freezing, And no one have an a solution for this.

The <meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="300"> solution just annoying my customers..

I dont really get this happening anymore, 

but when it was an issue i would create a button with "HTML Refresh" inside ("Advanced UBot" plugin i think)

that would fix it strait away,

not ideal, but a valid workaround 

CJ