UBot Underground

Is it Just me or they changed the Color from Black to gray?

Like that made a difference. In fact it made it worse.

We do not need a color change we want a FULL replacement with something that really represents UBot as an State of The Art bot building platform.

I want UBot to be able to make better apps that Visual Basic. Yes big dreams but I think that it will be possible in the future so make a logo that represents that.

P0s3id0n

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's mine... if the customers votes count I know I'll win!   http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p40/dpf_photo/ubotbanner-big_zpsea3c698a.gif  

The logo is now white and looks fine to me. I wish Bugs/Enhancements section got more attention than this.. I would rather have sucky logo than sucky software..  

I do not know how you guys feel about it but the new forum logo sucks.   Actually it makes me feel depress. Whoever made that logo should not be making graphics at all.   Please somebody DO SOMETHING!

@UBotBuddy if you do not agree with us then simple leave the thread do not read it but if you look around you will see that there is more people that agree with us than with you.

We have made valid points as of why the logo is a big deal but you have yet not come up with a real opinion or point of why is not all you comments are just stuff like is funny that we care but you are not adding real value to the thread.

I respect your opinion and you have all the right to be against it but a least say something that makes sense. Give me one reason why you think branding is not important and I will give you  1 thousand of why is VERY important.

Just my 2 Cents

P0s3id0n

The Fact that you are a Mod does not give you the right to Troll.

If you are a Mod then with more reason we expect from a Mod to be professional and perform him self like a businessman adding value to member threads with valid opinions that make sense.

Looks very bad on you that you come here where we making valid points about branding because we care and love UBot and you come here as a Mod to "Make fun of us" you are making a fool of yourself man come on you are better than that.

P0s3id0n

Buddy is right, the fact that this thread has so much attention is kind of hilarious.

On the other hand, we threw this logo up because the old logo broke and we had to put something there for now. 

It'll all make more sense eventually. For now, everybody's right.

• Like 1
Here is my 3 cents don't tick me off.  If you notice I am one of the Mods.  So tread nicely.

All I am doing is poking fun.

Actually it looks as if you've been demoted as you are no longer listed as a mod... probably demoted for trollish comments such as that one... don't worry all I'm doing is poking fun...  :mellow:

• Like 1

with the addition of the html ui and other features we have to remain professional and that has to include its persona and look.

willywonka made the point exactly, if we as ubot customers don't like the un professional look of the logo imagine what a new user or visitor would have as a first impression.

remember you can never get a second chance at a first impression. in fact i don't think we are in anyway out of line i think the few of us who voiced our opinion did it in a respectful manner because we love ubot and want it to be the professional software we hope it to be, and that logo just does not show the level of commitment we have with ubot as compared to the time spent on that logo which i still think is highly important to the outlook of the ubot community and its appearance world wide.

that's just my two cents but others also agree

i think Duane did the nicest logo so far and it should be used over that which we have now.

but i will let it go now but marketing is a perception game and that perception doesn't make us look too good.

IMHO

• Like 1

Buddy is right, the fact that this thread has so much attention is kind of hilarious.

On the other hand, we threw this logo up because the old logo broke and we had to put something there for now.

It'll all make more sense eventually. For now, everybody's right.

See that is what I am talking about a real reason that makes sense. Hilarious or not we love Ubot and we will care about the big stuff but also about the small stuff. You guys should be glad that your customer base care about your brand.

We do not make money from the UBot brand you guys do. In fact we make more money if we can hide the Ubot brand on our Bots (I hear somebody saying Amen) but we do care about the forum and the UBot brand as a whole. I bet that the Zennoposter guys will love to have a customer base that care and protect their brand as much as we do with the Ubot brand.

Something to think about.

P0s3id0n

• Like 1

Here is my two cents...

I would hope that Seth and his marketing team did some market research on the logo's and marketing material (the banner, etc.) before incorporating the changes.

If so, then the whole argument that it will hurt Ubot's brand is void.  Just because you don't like it, or other members don't like it doesn't mean that it doesn't out perform other designs.

That being said, it really all comes down to what converts the best.  I would sure as hell hope that it has been split tested, or some kind of metric was used to determine that it truly was the best fit.  If not then it would be a very stupid decision (no offense if you guys didn't).

Remember that it's not always what you think looks best that converts the best.  Some of my ugliest sites convert the best! :)   Infact, I have spent hours trying to make my sites look perfect (what I thought was perfect anyways) and they didn't convert at all. 

Just, saying that at the end of the day the more customers seth and team can bring on board the better for all of us.  More customers = More money = More support = A Better end product!

Now I know you guys are worried about Ubot's brand and you love Ubot.  I love it to even though I bitch about certain issues from time to time. 

But in the end it is Seth's product and he has every right to put up whatever logo he wants.  Just the same as you have every right to say you don't like it.

We all have our own opinions, like em or not.

Over and out,

Justin

P.S. - The logo is white now...

The logo is now white and looks fine to me.

I wish Bugs/Enhancements section got more attention than this..

I would rather have sucky logo than sucky software..

+1

I am still getting awesomium crashing errors!

• Like 1

Are you helping the Dev team reproduce them? Because that's the best way to get them resolved ASAP!

+1

I am still getting awesomium crashing errors!

Trolling?

Please! 

Read the whole thread again and see how all others make valid points in favor and against the subject and then look at your contribution as a Mod to this thread.

Yes, Trolling as a Mod. Looks very Bad on you Bud I had a much higher concept of you but after seeing how you handled the subject on this thread well... Lets just say that is not as high as it used to be. You might be a great UBot coder but from that to being a Mod those are 2 different rolls bro step your game up and conduct yourself in a professional manner.

Posts like this

ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL  ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL ROFL  LOL

Should come from a noob or a kid not a Moderator

Just Saying.

P0s3id0n

@P0s3id0n, chillax bro..
You are misunderstanding Ubotbuddy..
He was just poking fun..
If a person is a businessman, he doesn't have to be in suit all the time..
Also, nothing wrong in being noob or kid..

Here is a video of Bill Gates being gangsta..

Just chill and have a great day :)

Absolutely understand @socialcracker you doesn't always have to be on a suit but when you are a Mod of a forum people look up to you so if you have a member of a forum and voice out a real concern about an issue you do not expect a Mod to be Trolling or "Poking Fun" your thread you expect him to be in his suit taking care of business.

There is nothing wrong about being a noob or a kid. I was a kid and a noob once. But a noob or a kid should not be a Moderator of a forum.

This is a General Discussion section, anything and everything goes here.. Plus he is not a noob or kid.. He is still doing a good job in other sections..
Also bad logo is not an issue..The real issue is when you run your code in C#, and everything works flawless and you check it 10 times to see why the code is working flawlessly.. lol

Just chill and forget this thread..

Yes anything goes here and anything means joke threads and serious threads as well I posted it here because the topic didn't fit any other section. I never said or mentioned that he is a noob or a kid I said that those kind of post are expected from noobs or kids not moderators. See the real context of my words.

While a logo might not be an issue with the software it still being an issue. I would have leave this thread alone the minute Jason said that it was just something to fill up the space while the new logo is made but when you see a Mod acting the way he is the somebody has to speak up. I am not saying that he is doing a bad job overall as he does help many people here. But a Mod should be professional in all sections of the forum and give importance to the big and the small stuff as well is just part of what being a Mod is.

• Like 1

i gotta ask, do the web designers and developers of ubot have day jobs? cause over a week of this crappy logo and they still cant get a decent one designed while Duane made one in a day or two that kicks this ones butt? maybe that's also why it takes them months to do a ubot update cause their not really supporting us it seems their off doing some other shit instead of what needs to be done here on the home front

say a new logo that's worth a damn in , say a month ????

the reason this logo bugs me so much is that a its a fricken logo man, not a space ship, where are they ? im really starting to think they all have something else going on, and they only deal with us when we get fed up enough

and thats why ubot development is going at glacial speed instead of the speed we all are asked to code at in 2013

just being honest , i been an owner for over 4 years and im getting tired of promises and then be left for another year before anything changes and features we all need

kinda like that logo represents to me at this point a month long process for a 3 day job

it was mentioned earlier and i have to agree seeing that logo is actually depressing me on the brand of UBOT

hate seeing that crayon thing every day now

thats my rant for the day

lol

kinda like the NHL ;-) im locking them out same as i just firewalled that logo out of my browser allowed list

honestly i hate seeing that crayon logo that much :-)