UBot Underground

Call define commands externally?

Hey all,

I have a bot which I'm building for resale which goes through signup and posting at various sites.

Because sites frequently change their signup process (in order to frustrate botters like us, haha) I'm anticipating having to release updates fairly frequently.

What I'm wondering is if there is a way to call a define command from an external file? So for example I code my bot like this:

Define sign-up at site A

Define sign-up at site B

Define sign-up at site C

Then run all those custom commands depending on what the user has selected.

So what I was thinking was that if site B changed its signup and the custom command had to be updated, if I held the define command on my server as a text file, could I just download the most recent definition for each site, instead of having to push out an update to the entire bot every time I need to change one part of the program?

I hope that makes sense...

Your main bot will then have to start by connecting to the server, check for updates, download the new files, unpack them, etc...

All is swell, providing that your users will trust you with so much Internet traffic and downloads of .exe files.

(the 'external' defines you are talking about would have to be already compiled bots you upload to your server)

Ahhh. The bot already checks for an update at launch, but it's just one update file if required. I don't think my users will be comfortable downloading different files (or with many different bots launching themselves) so I guess this idea is a non-starter.

Thanks for your response!

Uniquebot, I like your thinking. The concept itself makes a lot of sense and could be quite revolutionary.

However, I'm not sure if the huge variety of different signup forms and sites out there will truly lend itself to this type of approach. Especially the ones which aren't English-based.

Mmm. Must come-up with a simple solution, then. if you can think of any then let us know here. I might aswell try coding it. Anyway, getting back to building my revolutionary, user friendly, bulk signing-up bot.

If I suceed building this, I might PM you (if I still remember you).

It's definitely possible. The scraping of attributes. All you would have to do is scrape the attributes of thousands of sites that you want to sign up to.

Then you will know all the possibilities and can program accordingly...

But the thing that you will have problems with is detecting if the sign-up was successfull. Because unless you are signing up to sites that follow a certain template (pligg, elgg, etc. etc.), you are going to have thousands of different successfull sign up screens.

So you are still going to have to code for thousands of "potential" successfull sign up pages.

I would say that it's best to focus on the sites that you are trying to automate, Unless you are programming for certain platforms.

Anyway, good luck on your mass account creator.

You can try something like this below

type text($element from text($read file("http://yourdomain.com/SiteA/username.txt")), "Maria12", "Standard")

As you can see you can store the value of the element to use on a txt file and use the read file to call it from a server

That should allow you to update those files and make inmidiate changes to your bot without having to release a full update