UBot Underground

Now facebook wants you to confirm accounts by sending you a text message to your mobile. I don't even have a mobile phone. I am not even trying to create multiple accounts - just one. I have never liked Facebook and only signed up because the support forum for some software I use was a facebook group. Having to provide a cell phone number seems to be a bit much to say the least. So now what?

P.S. This is a Facebook account I have had for a while and they just asked me for this.

P.P.S This is for an APP ID. I can still access my regular account.

• Like 1

ya google and facebook seem hell bent on getting your mobile information stored, try getting a gvoice phone number from google and activate that way, i seen some other one time use phone numbers too just cant remember where i saw that last

Verify your Facebook account with Google Voice or Pinger without texting.

If you try and sign up for a Facebook account, Facebook will require you to enter in a phone number to verify you are a human. Then they will text you a verification number. This is all fine and dandy if you have a cellphone and texting plan.

If you are using Google Voice or Pinger you won’t be able to verify your account though as those services don’t support short code texting; which is what Facebook uses to verify.

However, you can verify via a phone call.

http://www.twistermc.com/blog-u/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/verify-facebook.png

Basically what you need to do is be patient. The first day Facebook will require you to verify via text. No matter how many times you try, they’ll block you from your account until you verify.

Try back every day and eventually Facebook will allow you to verify via phone. It took about 3 days last time I checked, but you will get the option.

The downside to verifying via phone is that Facebook phone servers are often busy. So you may get a message to try back later.

Unfortunately it’s not always quick and easy, but you can verify your Facebook account without texting. This allows Google Voice, Pinger and land lines to actually verify Facebook accounts.

I don't know if you can verify a FB account with Skype (I had no need to create extra FB accounts yet), but definitely Skype allows you to get a phone number, on the one hand, AND to send/receive text messages (SMS) on the other hand.

Maybe you could use it for this?

HTH...

Man I hate facebook. So I borrowed someones phone and finally got this stupid thing to work. Then they get a text message saying to send a "stop" message or they will get charged for short code promos - and I hate short code promos more than I hate facebook. Scammers. End of rant.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Been there, done that. Yes the verification system is a real pain in the ass, especially when you need to create alternate or multiple accounts (I know this is a violation, whatever). To get the system to request phone verification before texting, there is a way using live editing of the html in chrome.

We also use a voicemail service and it worked just great. I won't publish the name of the service as FB is likely to flag it like they flagged many pay as you go services from recieving text messages. We've put together a 10 step process for those interested.

ya google and facebook seem hell bent on getting your mobile information stored, try getting a gvoice phone number from google and activate that way, i seen some other one time use phone numbers too just cant remember where i saw that last

Verify your Facebook account with Google Voice or Pinger without texting.

If you try and sign up for a Facebook account, Facebook will require you to enter in a phone number to verify you are a human. Then they will text you a verification number. This is all fine and dandy if you have a cellphone and texting plan.

If you are using Google Voice or Pinger you won’t be able to verify your account though as those services don’t support short code texting; which is what Facebook uses to verify.

However, you can verify via a phone call.

http://www.twistermc.com/blog-u/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/verify-facebook.png

Basically what you need to do is be patient. The first day Facebook will require you to verify via text. No matter how many times you try, they’ll block you from your account until you verify.

Try back every day and eventually Facebook will allow you to verify via phone. It took about 3 days last time I checked, but you will get the option.

The downside to verifying via phone is that Facebook phone servers are often busy. So you may get a message to try back later.

Unfortunately it’s not always quick and easy, but you can verify your Facebook account without texting. This allows Google Voice, Pinger and land lines to actually verify Facebook accounts.

If you use Chrome, you can live edit the HTML before your submit it to force VoiceMail instead of TextMessage.

• 1 month later...

Hi !

I  need help.

I know how to unblock facebook accounts with voip and ipkall.

But it needs to have a call option and this time I just have the text message option.

How to make appear the call option in editing the html ?

Can you explain me with screenshots step by step please ?

I can give you one account who is blocked  to do this.

Please help me, it's very urgent ! 

I can pay you too for this favor...

• 6 months later...