UBot Underground

[FREE] Search Bot for Newbies Searching Ubot Forum

Hello All,

Due to the influx of newbies posting questions that have already been answered previously, I have decided to create this handy dandy little bot to search the ubot forums.

When I first started out I had alot of troubles searching the forums. Then I discovered this little trick using google that helps greatly when searching the forums.

The reason I created this was to help people who are first starting out from asking un-neccasary questions that have been answered before, sometimes more than once.

To all the newbies out there, please start searching the forum before asking questions... Or be more specific, and not hypo-thetical so we can help you to get your problems solved. The more specific you are in your questions, the easier we will all be able to help you solve your problem!

Here is the source code:

ui text box("What are you searching for", #kw)
navigate("google.com", "Wait")
change attribute(<name="q">, "value", "\"site:ubotstudio.com/forum + {#kw}\"")
click(<name="btnG">, "Left Click", "No")
alert("Here are your search results.  Remember to search before asking questions PLEASE!")

And the bot in .ubot form:

search ubot bot.ubot

Don't forget to like this if you think it's a good idea... ;)

Justin

• Like 15

Glad you guys are liking it.

I thought it would be very helpful for newbies, or anybody that isn't already using the google trick.

For example, if you search api with ubot's search function you will get no results. But try searching it with my bot and you will get 317 results.

There are many more examples where nothing comes up using ubot's built in search, but hundreds of results are found with my bot.

Maybe this post should be pinned to cut down on posts that have already been asked and answered time and time again. ;)

Not saying I'm perfect, I am guilty of doing it more than a couple of times myself... :P

Justin

I'd like to be able to download this as I have many things that I would like to find the answer to.

But, for some reason, I get a message that I don't have the required permission.

I also see that I am only allowed to make one post a day until I have made 50 posts!

I bought the standard edition, and there's a few questions that I'd like to ask, but obviously will not be able to do so until I've made 50 posts.

It looks like I'll be using the money back guarantee!

I don't know if this helps anyone, but apparently you can use asterisks (*) around the "banned" search terms inside IPB search to get away with it.

Ie, instead of searching for "API", search for "*API*" and it works.

Still, a2mateit's search bot turns up more results. But it's better than nothing!

• 2 weeks later...

The bummer is that as a newbie we are not allowed to download your file. =D

Send it a ticket to support to get your restriction lifted.

You can read about it more here:

http://www.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/7731-getting-errors-posting/&do=findComment&comment=52857

Welcome to the forum.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I added a loggin to the forum first. 

ui button("login to Ubot Forum") {
    login()
}
ui text box("", #search)
ui button("search Google") {
    search()
}
define login {
    navigate("http://www.ubotstudio.com/forum/", "Wait")
    click(<login link>, "Left Click", "No")
    wait for element(<innertext="Sign In">, "", "Appear")
    wait(3)
    type text(<username field>, "usernmae", "Standard")
    wait(3)
    type text(<password field>, "password", "Standard")
    click(<login button>, "Left Click", "No")
}
define search {
    navigate("http://www.google.com/", "Wait")
    type text(<name="q">, "\"site:ubotstudio.com/forum + {#search}\"", "Standard")
    click(<name="btnK">, "Left Click", "No")
}